Game Thread Packers vs Bears: Hey Bear Edition

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Little drunk on success after first half. She lose of focus couple bad drives ended by mistakes.
Terrible run D# in second half but over all they showed up to play.
Secondary redeem themselves well. Special teams are looking solid for the most part and no doubt will get even better.

What a game AJ. and great job blocking by the entire O.

A real team effort tonight.

WELL DONE.
Get some rest and on to Tampa.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was so refreshing seeing the offense back firing on all cylinders. Second half performance was hit and miss though. I think the big thing right now is just being consistent and not digging ourselves in a hole that we gotta climb out of. LaFleur had a good point in his halftime interview in saying that there were several big comeback wins this week in the league. I was afraid for a minute on some plays that were simply mental errors, but the team stood tall when it mattered. That 4th down stop on the Chicago 1 had me hyped up. It doesn't get more 'bend but don't break' than that. Great to get win number 1 on the year. Go Pack Go!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
100% would love to see similar, parallel growth from Wyatt but it is what it is
For what it's worth, everything I've read lately says the team is very high on why it also, and that he's looked fine. Bringing him along slowly.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Happy Victory Monday everyone.

Attachments

• 5F42D655-72D0-4E9A-BA83-B5668D5091A6.jpeg
    5F42D655-72D0-4E9A-BA83-B5668D5091A6.jpeg
    40 KB · Views: 80

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Walker has the makings of a great player. Very impressed with the young man.
He's all over the field, even more so than Campbell. But at this point Campbell is a lot smarter. Walker will learn. Amazing athlete.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was so refreshing seeing the offense back firing on all cylinders. Second half performance was hit and miss though. I think the big thing right now is just being consistent and not digging ourselves in a hole that we gotta climb out of. LaFleur had a good point in his halftime interview in saying that there were several big comeback wins this week in the league. I was afraid for a minute on some plays that were simply mental errors, but the team stood tall when it mattered. That 4th down stop on the Chicago 1 had me hyped up. It doesn't get more 'bend but don't break' than that. Great to get win number 1 on the year. Go Pack Go!
Good summary of the game. Yeah there were some fits and starts, but it's hard to fault a D that only allows 10 pts, to anyone. And 33 pts over two games is also very good.

One ongoing concern is the WR group. I expected Watson and Doubs to take some time but they weren't getting targets last night. I know they're learning, but I'm concerned when vets like Watkins and Cobb are doing most of the damage. (Well, at least they're doing damage.) Both are prone to getting hurt. Lazard looked like..... Lazard. Nothing more, nothing less. I am hoping he gets more involved as his ankle heals.

Doubs had one nice play, and he seems to have a much better route tree than Watson, who has one long drop and a few jet sweeps to his name. At this point, I don't expect them to dominate. Given the toughness of the schedule, it's gonna be hard to work them in.

Hey, a win is a win, and for the most part, the outcome wasn't in doubt. But only the Bears could be so stupid to run a 4th down play, literally inches from the goal line, with a QB speak from the shotgun. Who does that? I know Fields is a pretty big guy, but it telegraphs for maybe a second exactly where the runner is going. That leaves plenty of time for the D to stuff any run. And they did.

Ah the Bears..... From the days when Cutler was our second MVP to now. The gift that keeps on giving.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good summary of the game. Yeah there were some fits and starts, but it's hard to fault a D that only allows 10 pts, to anyone. And 33 pts over two games is also very good.

One ongoing concern is the WR group. I expected Watson and Doubs to take some time but they weren't getting targets last night. I know they're learning, but I'm concerned when vets like Watkins and Cobb are doing most of the damage. (Well, at least they're doing damage.) Both are prone to getting hurt. Lazard looked like..... Lazard. Nothing more, nothing less. I am hoping he gets more involved as his ankle heals.

Doubs had one nice play, and he seems to have a much better route tree than Watson, who has one long drop and a few jet sweeps to his name. At this point, I don't expect them to dominate. Given the toughness of the schedule, it's gonna be hard to work them in.

Hey, a win is a win, and for the most part, the outcome wasn't in doubt. But only the Bears could be so stupid to run a 4th down play, literally inches from the goal line, with a QB speak from the shotgun. Who does that? I know Fields is a pretty big guy, but it telegraphs for maybe a second exactly where the runner is going. That leaves plenty of time for the D to stuff any run. And they did.

Ah the Bears..... From the days when Cutler was our second MVP to now. The gift that keeps on giving.
That’s the truth!

I’m concerned with the WRs also. As good as we ran the ball last night, eventually the offense will have to go to the air. I know the guys are pretty green, but someone’s gonna have to step up. I like Cobb, but he’s not that go-to X receiver. We all know Lazards that guy, but defenses will key off on him when he gets stared down every play.

I laughed when Mike Tirico saw them run that play and all he said was “….why?” I was thinking the same thing lol.

The Bears truly are the gift that keeps giving. I’ve been pretty lucky during my lifetime I’ve just seen dominating win after win

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking forward to week 4.

1st week where there will not be a new coach for the announcers to gush over in hopes of being able to spoon with them later that night.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That’s the truth!

I’m concerned with the WRs also. As good as we ran the ball last night, eventually the offense will have to go to the air. I know the guys are pretty green, but someone’s gonna have to step up. I like Cobb, but he’s not that go-to X receiver. We all know Lazards that guy, but defenses will key off on him when he gets stared down every play.

I laughed when Mike Tirico saw them run that play and all he said was “….why?” I was thinking the same thing lol.

The Bears truly are the gift that keeps giving. I’ve been pretty lucky during my lifetime I’ve just seen dominating win after win
Unfortunately, I was around in the 70s and 80s when the Bears would routinely demolish our Packers. Those were the days of Walter Payton, the Refrigerator, McMahon, and of course Ditka. Two tough decades but GB has owned the Bears for about 30 years now.

OkieCheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I was around in the 70s and 80s when the Bears would routinely demolish our Packers. Those were the days of Walter Payton, the Refrigerator, McMahon, and of course Ditka. Two tough decades but GB has owned the Bears for about 30 years now.
Guys like you are the definition of a true fan. Those were some dark days for Packer football. I really started watching in the late 90s when I was a kid. I’m pretty spoiled as a fan.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys like you are the definition of a true fan. Those were some dark days for Packer football. I really started watching in the late 90s when I was a kid. I’m pretty spoiled as a fan.
Thanks. I was very young but still remember the Vince Lombardi Packers. Once the 60s ended, so did the championships and the Packers entered a 20 year period where they just weren't very good. When Bob Harlan was hired as president in the 90s, and he brought Ron Wolf in, the tide changed for the better.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. I was very young but still remember the Vince Lombardi Packers. Once the 60s ended, so did the championships and the Packers entered a 20 year period where they just weren't very good. When Bob Harlan was hired as president in the 90s, and he brought Ron Wolf in, the tide changed for the better.
The 20 years of pain began with a horrible QB trade (Hadl)- ended with a great QB trade (Favre)...although Majik led to optism.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 20 years of pain began with a horrible QB trade (Hadl)- ended with a great QB trade (Favre)...although Majik led to optism.
Oh that Hadl trade...... Two first round picks, two second round picks, one third round pick. A nightmare. Rest his soul but I think Bart Starr was HC when that trade was made. Set the team back many, many years. And Hadl was washed up.

Latest posts