Duds and studs, official lions

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Slow your roll there, my friend. You ever seen MVS make any plays like this that matter? Allison has been doing it for three years, has some of the best hands I've ever seen as well as the trust of Rodgers. I'll be happy to have him back next week.

That being said, there are no studs today. Have a nice evening everyone.

Technically Allison is tied for first in the league for most drops. It’s early though.

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and Crosby are the biggest duds. Followed by special teams.

This Dline is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. No one can get any pressure. Josh Jackson is still young, but he's had many knuckle head mistakes and he's not that great at CB. King will be another bust.

Dix somehow has gotten worse and worse with playing time..

As bad as the Packers sucked. I feel like refs directed the game towards the lions. No way king touched the ball on the punt and ive seen more taunting happen on other plays than what brown did today They want emotionless guys out there. Benjamin last week shoved his finger I. Alexander's face mask and no call. To me that's worse and actually made contact. Come on nfl get your **** together and make the games watchable again

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers and Crosby are the biggest duds. Followed by special teams.

This Dline is probably one of the worst I've ever seen. No one can get any pressure. Josh Jackson is still young, but he's had many knuckle head mistakes and he's not that great at CB. King will be another bust.

Dix somehow has gotten worse and worse with playing time..

As bad as the Packers sucked. I feel like refs directed the game towards the lions. No way king touched the ball on the punt and ive seen more taunting happen on other plays than what brown did today They want emotionless guys out there. Benjamin last week shoved his finger I. Alexander's face mask and no call. To me that's worse and actually made contact. Come on nfl get your **** together and make the games watchable again

Defense played well enough to win, only let up 2xx somthing yards, couldn’t overcome the turnovers, the king play and the missed fgs giving up field position. The offense has been the problem

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The short fields that led to 17 points kind of mask a really nice day for Pettine’s defense.

Excluding the kneel down “drive” to end the game, the Lions has 11 real tries. 5 ended in a punt, 1 in a missed FG, and 3 more ended in 17 points only because offensive/ST gaffes provided super short fields (total of 31 yards on those three drives).

They only put real drives together twice. For being in their building and down Alexander, I was pretty impressed by that. Stafford never looked really comfortable. A huge chunk of his yardage came on a play where Jackson was in great position but misplayed the ball.

But obviously that wasn’t enough to overcome holding the ball too long, fumbles, missing open receivers, missing field goals, having the ball hit King and roll to the one, etc.

If it could go wrong in that first half, it did.

I was also highly annoyed by the choice to try a 56 yard field goal late. What is that? I know it was 4th and 15, but Crosby was a mess and you have Aaron Rodgers.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The short fields that led to 17 points kind of mask a really nice day for Pettine’s defense.

Excluding the kneel down “drive” to end the game, the Lions has 11 real tries. 5 ended in a punt, 1 in a missed FG, and 3 more ended in 17 points only because offensive/ST gaffes provided super short fields (total of 31 yards on those three drives).

They only put real drives together twice. For being in their building and down Alexander, I was pretty impressed by that. Stafford never looked really comfortable. A huge chunk of his yardage came on a play where Jackson was in great position but misplayed the ball.

But obviously that wasn’t enough to overcome holding the ball too long, fumbles, missing open receivers, missing field goals, having the ball hit King and roll to the one, etc.

If it could go wrong in that first half, it did.

I was also highly annoyed by the choice to try a 56 yard field goal late. What is that? I know it was 4th and 15, but Crosby was a mess and you have Aaron Rodgers.
The defense was absolutely underrated today.

And for the rest of my life, I swear I will never understand the decision to kick the 56 yarder. That was seriously maybe the dumbest decision I’ve seen in a very long time.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did Aaron Jones only get 7 carrries today? IMO with this current crop of pass catchers we need to run the ball 40% of the time. It's inexcusable that you have a guy with 5.5 ypc and only 7 carries. Heck even the second best option had 4.5 ypc.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Way way back forty years ago in my yute, I remember a coach once telling us “the object of the game is to score more touch downs than you allow the other team to score. If you’re blaming the kicker, you haven’t done your job”. Whatever that means. Dud to whosever million dollar a year job it is to come up with gameclock managing plans for different situations. Seems like a couple hundred million a year in professional salaries would have planning as a priority. Dud vote for packers preparation and planning.
You should have told your coach that a kicker’s only job is to make kicks and that if he misses three FGs and an extra point, 10 points is 10 points.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You should have told your coach that a kicker’s only job is to make kicks and that if he misses three FGs and an extra point, 10 points is 10 points.

The thing about Crosby is he also missed the game winner kick vs Minny. I still have faith in Crosby but he’s gotta get over this week quickly.

smacker

Smacker = Smack talking Packer Fan
Reaction score
So you are Mark Murphy, Gute, and MM rolled into one. Is Crosby your kicker next week?
My answer is no. This is not the first time Crosby has been a head case after missing a kick, you need someone more dependable. It took him a season to come out of it last time. Thanks for the memories, but what have you done for me lately?

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you are Mark Murphy, Gute, and MM rolled into one. Is Crosby your kicker next week?
My answer is no. This is not the first time Crosby has been a head case after missing a kick, you need someone more dependable. It took him a season to come out of it last time. Thanks for the memories, but what have you done for me lately?

I would say yes. What kicker you pickin up off the street? Crosby’s been a good kicker for us for years and was 10/11 this season prior to today. Bad day, bad game. If it spills into next week or two then probably bring in another kicker.

Mike McCarthy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron and Crosby are equal duds. Rodgers taking his sweet time lolly gagging to the line and waiting til under 5 seconds to snap the damn ball was just as egregious as the missed fgs. SHOW SOME FREAKING URGENCY THE DAMN CLOCK IS TICKING
Exactly, why go no huddle but then wait until play clock is under 5 seconds to snap the ball every play when trailing by 17 points.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the calls for cutting Crosby. He's had one bad year to this point while being a kicker in arguably the hardest place in the league. He was 10/11 on kicks before today, with his one miss being from 52 years. And even today, I can forgive him for missing the 56 yarder, that's always tough. He's earned at least a couple of weeks of leeway. It can be tough to find a consistently good kicker, which Crosby has been for the most part, and I can't think of anyone that's a free agent right now that'd be better.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really nice play by MVS but seems to have no breakaway speed. I thoht he had a good 40 time.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Run Defense, they didnt get the credit enough.

Duds - Aaron Rodgers - he has to be told he cannot hold onto the ball and playcallers need to stop the improv chuck n duck all the time. He is better than this, much better.
HaHa Clinton-Dix - where to start? No coverage sense. There is no way he should be re-signed
Kevin King - another example of a less physical player not panning out and not showing value. TT product. Has talent but cannot adjust.
Kentrell Brice - steps aside a guy instead of tackling him - the safeties on this team are in need of upgrades
Mason Crosby - no excuses, its in a dome. only willing to forgive if he returns to good form immediately. otherwise he should be gone.
Mike McCarthy - this team was not ready to play again. 56 yd fg? may be one of the worst ideas ever with a kicker who cannot make an extra pt.
Nick Perry - losing contain on a crucial play where all he had to do was stay where he should have been and the drive stalls
NFL officials - once again three blind mice. This was some of the worst home cooking I have ever seen.

Overall, I will say that there we some good moments as Detroit decided to go into prevent midway through the 4th quarter. What does that say? Three straight losses to this team is unbelievable. This was a very telling game and it showed sloppiness to a major degree. There seems to be a lack of accountability and discipline on this team that is not being addressed.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA is not very good. Terrible ball skills. Very seldom does he read the play and make any kind of movement towards the play. Also, does not like to hit. It's like playing with 10 men on defense.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anywhere else in the league Crosby is cut. In Green Bay he's perfectly safe. Anyone else see the problem there?.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HAHA is not very good. Terrible ball skills. Very seldom does he read the play and make any kind of movement towards the play. Also, does not like to hit. It's like playing with 10 men on defense.
He’s only well know because of his name. His INT numbers are good but half of them were balls thrown right to him. He’s gone after this year unless they get him on an unbelievably friendly deal.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anywhere else in the league Crosby is cut. In Green Bay he's perfectly safe. Anyone else see the problem there?.
do we cut Rodgers as well? He played poorly this game.

Duds
Rodgers - missed throws, missed opportunities, hung on to the ball too long, a bad outing.
WRs - I get the impression there were some wrong routes out there
CB King - tough Outing. Couldn't get out of his own way today.
Crosby - what the hell happened today? He will be back and be fine.

Studs
Pettine - he had a tough row to ***. With the short fields our offense gave them, we actually did fairly well. Was it 17 pts off turnovers?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the calls for cutting Crosby. He's had one bad year to this point while being a kicker in arguably the hardest place in the league. He was 10/11 on kicks before today, with his one miss being from 52 years. And even today, I can forgive him for missing the 56 yarder, that's always tough. He's earned at least a couple of weeks of leeway. It can be tough to find a consistently good kicker, which Crosby has been for the most part, and I can't think of anyone that's a free agent right now that'd be better.
If I had to guess?.... that is exactly the tact the Packers will take. That being said, I certainly understand the cries that say to cut hmm loose. He is a kicker and many NFL teams would have no patience for his performance today... especially considering his high salary.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The game is sixty minutes. Doesn’t matter if the defense played great for 45 if they gave up a ton of points the other 15. I think.

This is true, except those points mostly came off of short fields. Three turnovers on the Packers side of the field and there's your problem.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well AR was right, offence is not playoff material.

Can't really blame Pettine. Individual mistakes and lack of pass rush can't really be plastered over. Give him another season.

Still like Crosby despite this game. Just having off day.

Too tired to point fingers.

All in the game!

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible 1st half all around. Once again this team starts out like garbage on offense.

MM must have something against Jones because it's inexcusable not to get him the ball more than we are.

Rodgers needs to pick it up. He's missing easy throws too often. Also, what's up with these route concepts that take two receivers to the same spot? Saw it a few times today and a couple other times throughout the year - I hope it isn't by design. Man the offense is a total mess right now which is depressing. Rookie receivers looked nice though.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible 1st half all around. Once again this team starts out like garbage on offense.

MM must have something against Jones because it's inexcusable not to get him the ball more than we are.

Rodgers needs to pick it up. He's missing easy throws too often. Also, what's up with these route concepts that take two receivers to the same spot? Saw it a few times today and a couple other times throughout the year - I hope it isn't by design. Man the offense is a total mess right now which is depressing. Rookie receivers looked nice though.
I have no proof but, but your last sentence made me raise an eyebrow... 2 receivers in the same spot...
rookie receivers... hmmm

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: No one.
Duds: Everyone. Coaches, players, water boys and girls. Everyone.

Members online

Latest posts