David Bakhtiari signs 4-year extension

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It’s easy to pick on a 1st year starter but the reality is the Packers can have the firepower to get nearly ANY college QB they want over the next 2 seasons with draft capital from a trade. Love could retire timorous and it would be nothing but a small bump in the road
It's just a cocky approach to assume that the Packers will find the right QB when teams like the Bears, Jets, Dolphins, Bills before Allen, Browns, WFT, etc. either haven't found their QB or it took decades to find him. But hey, the Packers will have their QB between Love and another draft pick. No problem!

Not to mention the Packers have quite literally had the best QB luck of any team ever in the past 30ish years. Probably not gonna strike gold for a 3rd time this soon.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s easy to pick on a 1st year starter but the reality is the Packers can have the firepower to get nearly ANY college QB they want over the next 2 seasons with draft capital from a trade. Love could retire timorous and it would be nothing but a small bump in the road

Thats fine they could also just keep the guy they know is a fhof player...

the truth of the matter really is had the Packers just nipped the special teams problem in the bud a few years ago they would be preparing to host the NFC championship game

Theyve ignored special teams for years perhaps its time to hire a legitimate special teams coordinator

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats fine they could also just keep the guy they know is a fhof player...

the truth of the matter really is had the Packers just nipped the special teams problem in the bud a few years ago they would be preparing to host the NFC championship game

Theyve ignored special teams for years perhaps its time to hire a legitimate special teams coordinator
Ummmmm we hosted the NFCCG last year. Too many 3 and outs Red Zone fizzles (none of them at all involving the QB of course) we lost if you’ve fogotten

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ummmmm we hosted the NFCCG last year. Too many 3 and outs Red Zone fizzles (none of them at all involving the QB of course) we lost if you’ve fogotten

I said Rodgers needed to get a score on that final drive...everyone knew it in real time. He failed.

Last year against the bucs he failed after the defense forced multiple turnovers with the game on the line

That doesnt change the fact that the Packers lost in the playoffs this season because of a blocked punt...

The first real Packers game i ever attended was the playoff game against the falcons it was terrible...we also had a punt blocked in that game for a td. I still remember how unbelievable it felt like you got to be fckn kidding me and it wasnt the deciding factor in the game

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said Rodgers needed to get a score on that final drive...everyone knew it in real time. He failed.

Last year against the bucs he failed after the defense forced multiple turnovers with the game on the line

That doesnt change the fact that the Packers lost in the playoffs this season because of a blocked punt...

The first real Packers game i ever attended was the playoff game against the falcons it was terrible...we also had a punt blocked in that game for a td. I still remember how unbelievable it felt like you got to be fckn kidding me and it wasnt the deciding factor in the game
Well according to Lombardi most plays if run and blocked properly should go for touchdowns so you could point at a multitude of plays that cost us the game

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year's team seemed stronger than this one. This team won 13 games, but they didn't look as dominant. In the end, the injury bug got us as much as anything (aside from those pesky special teams).

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well according to Lombardi most plays if run and blocked properly should go for touchdowns so you could point at a multitude of plays that cost us the game

Fair enough... all respect to Lombardi while that is theoretically true

The eye test and the scoreboard tell me there was one play that if removed from the game, changes the outcome to a Packers win

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not being able to practice on it at this point or recover from 20? Snaps in a game with 2 weeks off is concerning at this point. I’m sure there is another surgery coming. We’ll see what happens after that
Yeah I think the comments reflect legitimate concerns about Bakh's knee. I've had four scopes on my knees, and fluid and swelling are signs that something is still wrong. I hope he heals this offseason, and yeah, even at 3/4 speed, he's in the top 5 of LTs in the NFL.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find troubling about his knee is that he thinks more rest will do the trick when all of the resting he did in the past 10 weeks or so didn't help much. Maybe that will help but it could be a botched recovery. We'll know in April. If he's not healed by then, then he may never get back.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What I find troubling about his knee is that he thinks more rest will do the trick when all of the resting he did in the past 10 weeks or so didn't help much. Maybe that will help but it could be a botched recovery. We'll know in April. If he's not healed by then, then he may never get back.
I agree. I've never heard of a player's career ending over an ACL tear, but only his surgeon knows how much damage was done. And while I'm no doctor, I gotta believe a 225 lb running back is gonna recover faster from an ACL tear than a 300+ lb lineman. And yeah, he's had plenty of time to rest. Just the fact that he wouldn't suit up for the Niners is telling. He's not a quitter. Guess we just gotta wait. Good thing we have a lot of talent along the OL with Jenkins, Turner (future uncertain due to cap), Myers, Patrick, and of course the coaching staff.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year's team seemed stronger than this one. This team won 13 games, but they didn't look as dominant. In the end, the injury bug got us as much as anything (aside from those pesky special teams).
Agreed, and last year we were considered a “weak” 13 win team, which Tampa Bay confirmed. Anyone who makes the playoffs can get hot and run the table, as we proved in 2010. If you plan to just muddle along an hope to get by as you did SEVERAL times during the regular season, it’s gonna bite you, and it has us time after time after time.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, and last year we were considered a “weak” 13 win team, which Tampa Bay confirmed. Anyone who makes the playoffs can get hot and run the table, as we proved in 2010. If you plan to just muddle along an hope to get by as you did SEVERAL times during the regular season, it’s gonna bite you, and it has us time after time after time.
Plenty of people look at the record and not necessarily how well the games were played. In the past three years the Packers have skated by a lot of middling teams winning games even though they frequently couldn't put teams away and games went down to the wire. The Packers do deserve some credit for winning close games but if you're going to win a Super Bowl, you have to open a can of whup a** over teams without a third string qb. These Packer teams struggled too much to convince me they could win three tough post season games.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Plenty of people look at the record and not necessarily how well the games were played. In the past three years the Packers have skated by a lot of middling teams winning games even though they frequently couldn't put teams away and games went down to the wire. The Packers do deserve some credit for winning close games but if you're going to win a Super Bowl, you have to open a can of whup a** over teams without a third string qb. These Packer teams struggled too much to convince me they could win three tough post season games.
Or to put it another way, I felt better about their SB chances as a #6 seed in 2010 than I did as a #1 seed last year and this year.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year's Packers seemed to get worn down as the season went on. It seemed to take a lot out of them and they got tired.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This year's Packers seemed to get worn down as the season went on. It seemed to take a lot out of them and they got tired.
Good observation. It's usually the opposite. Teams get stronger, more determined as the post season approaches. Not this year. The D had a great run mid-season and disappeared for most of December. They did play lights out against the Niners.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did play lights out against the Niners.
They did… and I can’t help but think that it had a lot to do with having Preston, Clark, Gary, and Zadarius available at the same time along with having added Rasul Douglas into the coverage mix. It all starts at the line and having those 4 up front is formidable. That why this sucks so much thinking we might not get a chance to see it continue.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they still need to come up with a second receiver the caliber of Adam's if we going to have s chance at actually making and winning another Superbawl.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did… and I can’t help but think that it had a lot to do with having Preston, Clark, Gary, and Zadarius available at the same time along with having added Rasul Douglas into the coverage mix. It all starts at the line and having those 4 up front is formidable. That why this sucks so much thinking we might not get a chance to see it continue.

I think we keep 3 of the 4 up front with either Preston or Zadarius being released...I prefer Zadarius

I know Douglas said he wants to stay and maybe they can work something out but I dont see any big money available firva corner other than Jaire Alexander. Which will actually lower his current cap number of 13.294 million to id guess somewhere around 5 million. And hey maybe thatsxwhere you find the cap space to sign douglas, we can hope

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And they still need to come up with a second receiver the caliber of Adam's if we going to have s chance at actually making and winning another Superbawl.

Theyre gonna have to hit on one in the draft more than likely as i dont think they can afford one in FA...although I wont rule out gute signing allen robinson away from the bears

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Theyre gonna have to hit on one in the draft more than likely as i dont think they can afford one in FA...although I wont rule out gute signing allen robinson away from the bears

LOL if Adams is back that means Rodgers is back, which means there is zero chance at spending the kinda money which would require to sign MVS back let alone Allen Robinson lol

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOL if Adams is back that means Rodgers is back, which means there is zero chance at spending the kinda money which would require to sign MVS back let alone Allen Robinson lol

Hey whatever man I just know they tried to sign Robinson once before and coincidentally or not it was right after they signed adams to a big extension

Dont recall exact details but know they had just signed adams amd then still offered Robinson i think 3 years at 14 milion per

Ironically robinson probably isnt getting much more than that now...3 years older and coming off a down year

Staff online

Latest posts