Buffalo -- official thread

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will have their "short game" running like a top and AR will pick-apart the D while getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less. This will open-up Jordy and Adams deep a few times and the Pack blows out Buffalo. This forces Orton to take some risks and the GB DB's pick off at least 2.

Packers 45
Bills 10

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
The Packers will have their "short game" running like a top and AR will pick-apart the D while getting rid of the ball in 3 seconds or less. This will open-up Jordy and Adams deep a few times and the Pack blows out Buffalo. This forces Orton to take some risks and the GB DB's pick off at least 2.

Packers 45
Bills 10

First of all, I absolutely love your prediction.

But the only prediction I'll make for today's game is, we will win or loose based upon how well we protect Rodgers and control the ball. No fumbles, no turnovers. We do those two things well and we win.

Plus I have a feeling we will cause a turnover or two today if the D brings its hunger. I think Jones and the Dirty Birds gave our Defensive unit a little wake up call and I think that call was heard loud and clear.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives:
QB Scott Tolzien
CB Davon House
LB Carl Bradford
C Garth Gerhart
TE Justin Perillo
WR Jeff Janis
DT Bruce Gaston

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo is a good smash mouth team to practice on before playoffs. These blowouts we been doing, can make a team over confident.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You precise speculation is foolhardy. No one in their right mind would make such a detailed prediction. Sheer speculation.

As someone much smarter than you or I once said, "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without discussion."

I find it crazy when people predict a score, it's just as shaky, much less predict the exact circumstances of "the end of the game." Foolish.

Yeah, I'm waaaaayyyyy off on my "foolish prediction". Pretty much turning out as I predicted, give or take a little. Everyone else is predicting a final score, and I toss in a little pre-analysis, and I get my shorts eaten. As I write this, the Packers are down six and they've missed a field goal.

And, again, people are tossing out the Packers winning by three TD's and yet you had nothing to say about them. I give a highly reasonable prediction and I get grief.

Oh well. Sucks to be right.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Buffalo did well and GB didn't. No excuses, it was just a bad showing today. They did what they needed to do and the Pack didn't. Next week is another game.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs were terrible and one sided. Their D-backs mugged us a half dozen times in obvious fashion. 2 cheap shots on mathews and bulaga. Needed a punt return and blocked field goal to win. And Rodgers to have a career bad game. Jordy catches the ball and we win.... So many things had to go their way for them to win... They hopefully lit a fire under us.

Fozastuta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last weeks 2nd half showing was pretty poor, we carried that form into this game. Big wake up call.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Refs were terrible and one sided. Their D-backs mugged us a half dozen times in obvious fashion. 2 cheap shots on mathews and bulaga. Needed a punt return and blocked field goal to win. And Rodgers to have a career bad game. Jordy catches the ball and we win.... So many things had to go their way for them to win... They hopefully lit a fire under us.

In this modern NFL, the home team gets the tilted field in their favor. The Packers get their love at home. The reality is you've got to overcome it if you're a top tier team destined for something special. You can't drop the ball. You can't get field goals blocked. You can't have 30 yard punts that get returned for TD's. You can't talk about having a running back who can pound the rock and instead pass the ball when it clearly isn't working. It's a razor thin game of inches. Pass the ball when you should be running it, get it picked, get one of better linemen knocked out of the game, and get a strip safety to end the game. That's just one thread of the game. There were others.

In the end, the Packers can still win it all. It depends on match ups and if they can run it when they need to, and have the discipline to do so. But finesse isn't going to get it done. It hasn't since the Super Bowl.

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Glad I got to experience Rodgers word career game in person -__- too many dropped passes jordy never drops that. It is what it is what is our chance of still getting home field? Slim eh?

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering the offense isn't very good on the road, and the defense can play anywhere from excellent to horrible, they could illaford to lose the leg up they had on DET and SEA in the battle for HFA throughout...

Members online

Latest posts