Official 2023 season opener pregame thread: @Chicago Bears

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Must’ve been that.
What was really odd was The 2007 Giants didn’t have some fantastic O or D from a scoring analysis but the defied the odds.
14th scoring Offense and 17th scoring Defense but still found ways to win.
Well Rounded without much weakness could be the ticket.
They handled the cold better than the Packers that day. We let them off the hook with those missed FGs and the loose ball at midfield near the end of regulation.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They handled the cold better than the Packers that day. We let them off the hook with those missed FGs and the loose ball at midfield near the end of regulation.
It's that old adage used in the NFL, "On any given day, an underdog can win."

That's pretty much echoed by how difficult it is just picking winners each week, let alone do it against the spread.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Life rafts being thrown everyone.

Yes, the injuries for Watson and Doubs last year of course are legit and then this year Watson already is also…but we gotta remember Doubs high ankle sprain is something that is LEGIT issue and I was shocked he was back doing what he does as fast as he was.

It is of course also a legit staff and conditioning issue IMO. Stretching protocols I wonder might be the issue…

Of course injuries simply cannot be predicted for many guys, neither were type that had injury concerns - shoot our two TEs now they for sure had some.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Well ... the Pack better be respectable at least. I'm being goaded into sh*t talk with almost every Bears fan I know, and they do seem to be coming out of the woodwork suddenly. All in good fun, but, I have to say, this Bears' fan looks like my attorney who IS a Bears' fan, but he's born and reared Chicago, so I cut him a little slack. I really am going to face the verbal beating I'll have to take like a man tomorrow if the Bears cheat enough to win. ;)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Life rafts being thrown everyone.

Yes, the injuries for Watson and Doubs last year of course are legit and then this year Watson already is also…but we gotta remember Doubs high ankle sprain is something that is LEGIT issue and I was shocked he was back doing what he does as fast as he was.

It is of course also a legit staff and conditioning issue IMO. Stretching protocols I wonder might be the issue…

Of course injuries simply cannot be predicted for many guys, neither were type that had injury concerns - shoot our two TEs now they for sure had some.
I remember reading something a while ago I believe it was a doctor, who said today's athletes in many cases are just too developed and tightly wound. Had so many soft tissue issues like hamstrings. This may be an ongoing issue for guys like Watson and dogs who seem as if they're thin and wiry.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember reading something a while ago I believe it was a doctor, who said today's athletes in many cases are just too developed and tightly wound. Had so many soft tissue issues like hamstrings. This may be an ongoing issue for guys like Watson and Doubs who seem as if they're thin and wiry.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember reading something a while ago I believe it was a doctor, who said today's athletes in many cases are just too developed and tightly wound. Had so many soft tissue issues like hamstrings. This may be an ongoing issue for guys like Watson and dogs who seem as if they're thin and wiry.
I believe their statement is correct. It seems like the more conditioning the players do, the more intense the injuries, and the frequencies of them. It makes sense that more supple muscle would be less likely to be injured, than those that are tight and let's face it, somewhat overdeveloped.

Just my opinion.

Reaction score
Are we truly that far off the NFL injury median though? Maybe we are but until I see evidence of that I don’t buy into the injury excuse. It’s a part of the game and it’s likely more pronounced because todays NFL takes extra precautions with those injuries. Also it’s elevated by it being our WR1 (arguably) in an entire room of relative Rookies.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I believe their statement is correct. It seems like the more conditioning the players do, the more intense the injuries, and the frequencies of them. It makes sense that more supple muscle would be less likely to be injured, than those that are tight and let's face it, somewhat overdeveloped.

Just my opinion.

Yoga - It's a failure of the strength & conditioning program & coaches to not use it for all players.

Reaction score
We 100% have the talent to Win this game and idc what the odds are. Texas just stomped on #3 Alabama and many had that as a blow out. Colorado is showing that talent and leadership is really important no matter how long you’ve played together Who wants to Win the most is mainly what matters. Often others elevate their play when they realize they are the next person up. That happened with Farvey at QB a bunch as he’d throw to a bunch of relative unknowns when we were banged up. He’d hit like 9 different players and that’s very confusing for a Defense.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are we truly that far off the NFL injury median though? Maybe we are but until I see evidence of that I don’t buy into the injury excuse. It’s a part of the game and it’s likely more pronounced because todays NFL takes extra precautions with those injuries. Also it’s elevated by it being our WR1 (arguably) in an entire room of relative Rookies.

Last I looked in to this we weren’t

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m probably stuck with Sea/LAR maybe I can sign up for a trial something somewhere

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally the season starts today.

Hopefully They can get a win today. I dont want anymore cans.wav action already had that yesterday...

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We 100% have the talent to Win this game and idc what the odds are. Texas just stomped on #3 Alabama and many had that as a blow out. Colorado is showing that talent and leadership is really important no matter how long you’ve played together Who wants to Win the most is mainly what matters. Often others elevate their play when they realize they are the next person up. That happened with Farvey at QB a bunch as he’d throw to a bunch of relative unknowns when we were banged up. He’d hit like 9 different players and that’s very confusing for a Defense.
Could you please tell me Who wants to Win more in each of the games today? Asking for a friend who likes to make bets on the games.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dline needs to dominate. The corners and safeties need to play good as well. No more of this soft 10 yard off coverage on 3rd and 4. Catch the interceptions that are thrown to them.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The defense is going to have to step up and live up to its billing today.MLF will have to be creative. Expecting to see Jones lining up as a receiver a few times today
That's exactly what should happen every week imo.

Reaction score
Could you please tell me Who wants to Win more in each of the games today? Asking for a friend who likes to make bets on the games.
I wish I knew. It gets pretty apparent very early into some games that certain teams just don’t show up. If I knew that answer before game day I’d be a Billionaire and I’d even cut you in on a smooth couple Mil so you wouldn’t have to chance it. If I had stupid money I’d spread like half of it amongst people I know then I’d go incognito
:ninja:

Members online

Latest posts