OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes it's only week one
"According to the NFL:

- The 57 Super Bowl winners went 46-10-1 in Week 1.

- Since 2002, 52.7 percent of Week 1 winners reached the playoffs.

- Also since 2002, just 24.7 percent of Week 1 losers reached the playoffs.

- Last year, the 14 teams that qualified for the playoffs went 10-4 on Kickoff Weekend.

From 2015 through 2020, the Packers won all six season-opening games. They lost the last two, though, including 23-7 at the Minnesota Vikings last year."

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes it's only week one
"According to the NFL:

- The 57 Super Bowl winners went 46-10-1 in Week 1.

- Since 2002, 52.7 percent of Week 1 winners reached the playoffs.

- Also since 2002, just 24.7 percent of Week 1 losers reached the playoffs.

- Last year, the 14 teams that qualified for the playoffs went 10-4 on Kickoff Weekend.

From 2015 through 2020, the Packers won all six season-opening games. They lost the last two, though, including 23-7 at the Minnesota Vikings last year."
Good stats. FYI: Lombardi lost the season opener in 1960 and made it to the Championship Game. He lost it in 1961 and won the Championship Game. In 1967 he tied in the opener and won the SB.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
ow my hammy...bears 35 pack 6
That bad? I am not so sure the last time the Bears rang up someone to the tone of 35-6. Much to say the Packers. Even the 85 Bears were kinder to us.
The bears will not be putting up 35 points against the Packers defense. The bears defense is really bad and the Packers offensive line is good. Even without the WRs I expect the Packers to have the ability to run the football. I know the WRs and TEs are young and inexperienced, but there is talent there in Reed and Musgrave. All is not lost. The Packers will score more than 6.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just don't think we're even close to having a dominating defense.
That depends. Over the last 5 games last year only the Ravens allowed fewer points and that was only by 3 or 4 points. Now if you're a pessimist, you'll say it was just an aberration. If you're an optimist, you will see it as progression. I actually think we'll have a pretty decent defense. Overall, it's still a young unit and that 5 game stretch was without Gary.

Last edited:

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears will not win this game. JL is the new owner of Lambeau South. Rodgers signed it over to him before leaving town.

Pack wins 26 - 21. Would have been 30 but Carlson misses a 38-yarder and an extra point.

Reaction score
The bears will not be putting up 35 points against the Packers defense. The bears defense is really bad and the Packers offensive line is good. Even without the WRs I expect the Packers to have the ability to run the football. I know the WRs and TEs are young and inexperienced, but there is talent there in Reed and Musgrave. All is not lost. The Packers will score more than 6.
I also believe that chances are one of our 2 WR suit up. My guess is Watson suits up and this is just an abundance of precaution because he’s our WR1 and we don’t want to aggravate a minor injury in practice. 30% chance we see them both, it wouldn’t surprise me.

That said. I don’t believe we need either to beat Chicago. Just my opinion. I have us as 1pt underdogs if both don’t suit up. Totally winnable depending on our Defense.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also believe about 70% that either Watson OR Doubs play. My guess is Watson suits up and this is just an abundance of precaution because he’s our WR1 and we don’t want to aggravate a minor injury in practice. 40% chance they both suit up.

After hearing Doubs I feel more likely he plays than Watson...but lordy we need both out there.

Reaction score
After hearing Doubs I feel more likely he plays than Watson...but lordy we need both out there.
As long as 1 of those 2 plays I think we’ll be ok. As of now they are closely rated imo. Watson with a slight edge because of his raw speed. It’ll be interesting to see which guy separates themselves this year.

I don’t know that there have ever been so many total unknowns on a Packers Offense mixed with so much ceiling potential. It’s an oddball year and I wouldn’t be betting heavy until I saw a few contests play out. Truthfully they could be a 4 Win team or an 11 Win team I really can’t say for certain. If we come out a Win @Chicago that’ll make a huge statement though.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as 1 of those 2 plays I think we’ll be ok. As of now they are closely rated imo. Watson with a slight edge because of his raw speed. It’ll be interesting to see which guy separates themselves this year.

I don’t know that there have ever been so many total unknowns on a Packers Offense mixed with so much ceiling potential. It’s an oddball year and I wouldn’t be betting heavy until I saw a few contests play out. Truthfully they could be a 4 Win team or an 11 Win team I really can’t say for certain. If we come out a Win @Chicago that’ll make a huge statement though.
What this would do is limit Love going long. Watson's world class speed puts pressure on defenses because he can catch a ball and turn up field to the house as well as run a fly pattern. Imagine taking Jefferson out of the Vikings lineup although Watson is not that.

Reaction score
What this would do is limit Love going long. Watson's world class speed puts pressure on defenses because he can catch a ball and turn up field to the house as well as run a fly pattern. Imagine taking Jefferson out of the Vikings lineup although Watson is not that.
There’s no Question Watson is already being recognized as a Home Run Hitter. Although Doubs can do some damage in his own right as he’s great at ball tracking and finishing contested catches. I’ve always said Romeo’s gotta a little Davante mixed with a little Donald Driver in him. He’s deceptively agile and as his targets increase I think we’ll see a guy that’s fully capable of cracking 1000 soon

David Ciembronowicz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, Watson plays sparingly in the pre-season and again (another year another injury). Is this guy ever going to play a complete season so that he can truly show his talent or is he one of these young guys that becomes a superstar or a part timer with great talent but a body that just cannot take the pounding? Hopefully the packers get the former and not the latter. Also, an IMO about this division, watching the Lions last night, going back to their pounding of GB end of last year and 9-2 last 11 games.... maybe, just maybe they are the next NFC North champ.... certainly not going to be CHI or GB IMO and Vikes are suspect.

Reaction score
So, Watson plays sparingly in the pre-season and again (another year another injury). Is this guy ever going to play a complete season so that he can truly show his talent or is he one of these young guys that becomes a superstar or a part timer with great talent but a body that just cannot take the pounding? Hopefully the packers get the former and not the latter. Also, an IMO about this division, watching the Lions last night, going back to their pounding of GB end of last year and 9-2 last 11 games.... maybe, just maybe they are the next NFC North champ.... certainly not going to be CHI or GB IMO and Vikes are suspect.
I think quite a few people had them as the projected Division leader. Obviously that could change but it’s far too early to be confident of that after 1 Win.

It’s very early in the season. I always remind myself how the Giants started in 2007. They lost to Dallas and GB to start 0-2. They finished by sending Dallas and GB packing for home with lost SB hopes. Wrapped up their season with a pretty bow going 6-0 with a bunch of Road Victories. Then went on to beat one of the most prolific teams in the last 25 years. Knocked off an undefeated team just to put a final stamp of authentication on it all and prove once again it’s not his you start in this lifetime, It’s how you finish.

With a young team, Logically you’d assume later in the season is where you’d peak (if you peak). I just want to stay relevant (around .500) until our bye week.

Last edited:

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should take the jet sweep out of Watson's playbook. It isn't so important him running it anyway. Not saying it is a cause (though I have seen him get hurt on it), just saying there is no good reason.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lions should win the division. They have a better defense than the Vikings. And their head coach is several levels better than what they have had for decades.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think quite a few people had them as the projected Division leader. Obviously that could change but it’s far too early to be confident of that after 1 Win.

It’s very early in the season. I always remind myself how the Giants started in 2007. They lost to Dallas and GB to start 0-2. They finished by sending Dallas and GB packing for home with lost SB hopes. Wrapped up their season with a pretty bow going 6-0 with a bunch of Road Victories. Then went on to beat one of the most prolific teams in the last 25 years. Knocked off an undefeated team just to put a final stamp of authentication on it all and prove once again it’s not his you start in this lifetime, It’s how you finish.

With a young team, Logically you’d assume later in the season is where you’d peak (if you peak). I just want to stay relevant (around .500) until our bye week.
Giants had a coach named Coughlin. Knew how to game plan well. Took the Jags to the NFC Championship game in only their second year.

Reaction score
Giants had a coach named Coughlin. Knew how to game plan well. Took the Jags to the NFC Championship game in only their second year.
Must’ve been that.
What was really odd was The 2007 Giants didn’t have some fantastic O or D from a scoring analysis but the defied the odds.
14th scoring Offense and 17th scoring Defense but still found ways to win.
Well Rounded without much weakness could be the ticket.

Last edited:

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not good that our top 2 WRs are starting to look injury prone.
Ham strings. I blame the training staff. There has got to be a protocol for preventing ham string pulls. The staff needs to strictly enforce these protocols. It seems like they have not a clue. Three of our receivers have ham string pulls.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm thinking we should take the jet sweep out of Watson's playbook. It isn't so important him running it anyway. Not saying it is a cause (though I have seen him get hurt on it), just saying there is no good reason.
Whatever the cause, it needs to be addressed NOW.

Members online

Latest posts