Buffalo -- official thread

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right. Keep telling yourself that. Sour grapes
Nonsense. If Nelson had caught what was a PERFECT pass, it would have been a quick stiff-arm on Williams and gone. The blame does not lie with Rodgers nor does the credit on that play lie with the Bills. If Nelson makes what should have been an easy catch we likely have 11 wins right now.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nonsense. If Nelson had caught what was a PERFECT pass, it would have been a quick stiff-arm on Williams and gone. The blame does not lie with Rodgers nor does the credit on that play lie with the Bills.
Coulda. Woulda. Shoulda.

If if if if

You went on full hater mode bc I was concerned about the game bc of Buffalos defense. Sucks that I was right. No surprise to see you refuse to admit it

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does it really matter? Rodgers was "off". WR's & TE's were "off". MM stopped calling runs for Lacy when he was gashing their D. The O-Line gave AR time to throw, but apparently nobody was open or willing to catch the ball. The Bill's D may have been a big part of that, maybe not. It's still a L in December.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
where the Packers will be driving at the end of the game, in field goal range, but an earlier missed field goal will make going for the TD necessary instead of kicking for a tie.
The blocked field goal clearly was not why we lost the game and being down by 6 (19-13)means that you need the TD anyway even if you make that missed field goal if you're playing for the win and not the tie.

The turnovers were the dagger to the heart, not the missed field goal.

But the only prediction I'll make for today's game is, we will win or loose based upon how well we protect Rodgers and control the ball. No fumbles, no turnovers. We do those two things well and we win.

Turnovers and the last fumble where Rodgers was not protected were a key factor in the loss. That and Rodgers and Nelson having a poor outing were huge as well.

When you then gloated, "Oh well. Sucks to be right" right after that blocked field goal, I can only assume when you say "right' you mean wrong. lol

Your score prediction was pretty good but guessing the score of a game is like picking lottery numbers. Sheer luck. It's actually a lot easier than picking the lottery, many fewer combinations. :p

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, the Bills have roughly the 3rd/4th best defense in the league. Against another roughly 3rd/4th best defense (Seattle), the Packers lost. Against pretty much the best defense (Detroit), the Packers lost. Against roughly the 6th/7th best defense (Miami) the Packers needed the final seconds to pull out a victory. The Packers went up against about the 10th best defense, at home, in a clean turnover game, and won but not in huge fashion (New England).

On the road, against a top tier defense, this is likely going to be low scoring game, wherein the Packers need to force turnovers to assure a win. My gut tells me that's not going to happen, so-

Bills 20
Packers 14

where the Packers will be driving at the end of the game, in field goal range, but an earlier missed field goal will make going for the TD necessary instead of kicking for a tie.

AND the Packers will still be in as good a shape as any to win it all in Jan/Feb. It's simply this game and how I think it will turn out.

Wow

Dbl checking to make sure no edits

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Does it really matter? Rodgers was "off". WR's & TE's were "off". MM stopped calling runs for Lacy when he was gashing their D. The O-Line gave AR time to throw, but apparently nobody was open or willing to catch the ball. The Bill's D may have been a big part of that, maybe not. It's still a L in December.

To say Rodgers was "Off" is a vast overstatement. He played like Jay Cutler yesterday thats not being off thats playing worst football one could play.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
To say Rodgers was "Off" is a vast overstatement. He played like Jay Cutler yesterday.....

At least he seemed to be bothered by the fact that that he wasn't playing well. Cutler on the other hand.....

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Completely unrelated bonus image for the holidays.....
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference in their level of play when on the road vs at home is astounding and inexplicable. Most teams play better at home, but GB goes from phenomenal at home to sub-mediocre on the road. Now that they may have lost their opportunity to gain hfa throughout, they'll probably have to win at least one game on the road in the post season....I don't like their chances...strange how one game in Dec can change a team's outlook from being in the driver's seat for HFA, to possibly not getting any home playoff games...

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The turnovers were the dagger to the heart, not the missed field goal.

Turnovers and the punt return for TD, Bills offense had 13 first downs and most were on 1 series. Bills offense was not going to win the game vs Packers. Packers needed to avoid turnovers and special teams errors yesterday and they would have won most likely.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Turnovers and the punt return for TD, Bills offense had 13 first downs and most were on 1 series. Bills offense was not going to win the game vs Packers. Packers needed to avoid turnovers and special teams errors yesterday and they would have won most likely.
The poor tackling monster reared it's head ugly head again.

Ha Ha was making tackles all afternoon up near the LOS. Kudos to that young man. Nice pick pick there. I hope he's around for a LONG time in GB. Very promising rookie year. Me like. :tup:

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The poor tackling monster reared it's head ugly head again.

Ha Ha was making tackles all afternoon up near the LOS. Kudos to that young man. Nice pick pick there. I hope he's around for a LONG time in GB. Very promising rookie year. Me like. :tup:

There was really bad tackling I recall on one series after Packers scored TD that Buffalo marched down the field and Packers held them to FG. Other than that, I do not think it was atrocious.

Peppers did have a terrible game in both run and pass rush.

Haha looks good.. but still had a couple of errors yesterday, charged into backfield and had miss tackle on running back and then never picked up RB on left sideline when Shields blitzed for big gain. But agree... looks like a good one right now for rookie.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm putting this down to one off. Rodgers a bit off on his throws, and at times when he got it right, the catch is dropped.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
There was really bad tackling I recall on one series after Packers scored TD that Buffalo marched down the field and Packers held them to FG. Other than that, I do not think it was atrocious.

Peppers did have a terrible game in both run and pass rush.

Haha looks good.. but still had a couple of errors yesterday, charged into backfield and had miss tackle on running back and then never picked up RB on left sideline when Shields blitzed for big gain. But agree... looks like a good one right now for rookie.
the kid had like 10 tackles. I'll take that any day.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buffalo did well and GB didn't. No excuses, it was just a bad showing today. They did what they needed to do and the Pack didn't. Next week is another game.
You hit the nail on the head Croak. I'm still disappointed but I must admit that especially the Bills D did an excellent job while our MVP-QB and all WR's had an off-day. Sometimes it's as simple as that. Now we need to beat the Bucs and we will, I don't have any doubts.

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head Croak. I'm still disappointed but I must admit that especially the Bills D did an excellent job while our MVP-QB and all WR's had an off-day. Sometimes it's as simple as that. Now we need to beat the Bucs and we will, I don't have any doubts.

Agreed. Just a bad day at the office. We have them.

I dont think there is any need for wringing of hands and over introspection. On to Tampa. Everyone do their damn job and we'll be superbowl bound.

if we dont, we go home, simples.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Are you sure? It is a road game for GB...I'm being a bit facetious, but I bet the Tampa game won't be a blowout...the Packers should win, but I see this game being closer than most would think...

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you sure? It is a road game for GB...I'm being a bit facetious, but I bet the Tampa game won't be a blowout...the Packers should win, but I see this game being closer than most would think...
Fully agree, it won't be an easy game but I'm pretty confident that we will pull out a win. Neither Rodgers nor all of our WR's will have such a disastrous game for a second time in a row.
I'm much more worried about our game against the Lions, that will be tough.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fully agree, it won't be an easy game but I'm pretty confident that we will pull out a win. Neither Rodgers nor all of our WR's will have such a disastrous game for a second time in a row.
I'm much more worried about our game against the Lions, that will be tough.

The DET game may be tough, but I really don't see any team beating GB in GB...it's on the road that has me worried...

D

Deleted member 6794

The DET game may be tough, but I really don't see any team beating GB in GB...it's on the road that has me worried...

The Packers are a better team at Lambeau but haven´t faced a defense as good as the Lions one there all season.

Members online

Latest posts