Buffalo -- official thread

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sick of the Bills hype surrounding this game. All the talk is about how great and immoveable Buffalo's defense supposedly is. I'M NOT BUYING IT. If the Bills were all that they wouldn't be sitting at one game over .500 and they would have beaten the Vikings by more than 1 point at their own place. Why is there no talk about the Packers being the highest scoring offense? No talk about the Packers having the best turnover differential by a good margin? Seems there's a bad case of the grass being greener on the other side going on here. In the interest of not overestimating the Packers, some seem to be overestimating the Bills, me included. So I'm revising my earlier Pack 30 Bills 20 prediction:

Pack 35
Bills 17

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there's a trap on the Packers' schedule during this final quarter of the season this game is probably it. (Although there is a history of unpleasant surprises in Tampa, too.

That was years ago. Very few players from either team would have been there the last time they played in TB. That and TB is just bad. And I mean Raiders bad. That game will be another blowout. Barring injuries between now and then, I expect something in the neighborhood 45-10 for that game.

Narveson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought this might be the trap game close to the end of the season but after that sub par performance by the defense against Atlanta, I believe the defense is going to come out like possessed assassins and give our offense 2-3 extra possessions.

Pack - 35
Bills - 13

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sitting in a buffalo hotel right now -- 1pm is 13 hours away but can't come sooner.

Same here our hotel had a bar loaded with packer fans it was awesome... But I don't see how people who are packer fans don't have faith In our team!!! We are better than the bills and we will prove it like we did against the eagles and patriots! Let's go pack it's game day!!!!

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm so sick of the Bills hype surrounding this game. All the talk is about how great and immoveable Buffalo's defense supposedly is. I'M NOT BUYING IT. If the Bills were all that they wouldn't be sitting at one game over .500 and they would have beaten the Vikings by more than 1 point at their own place. Why is there no talk about the Packers being the highest scoring offense? No talk about the Packers having the best turnover differential by a good margin? Seems there's a bad case of the grass being greener on the other side going on here. In the interest of not overestimating the Packers, some seem to be overestimating the Bills, me included. So I'm revising my earlier Pack 30 Bills 20 prediction:

Pack 35
Bills 17

Uh well . . . the Bills just played Denver in Denver and limited Manning to 0 touchdowns, 2 INTs, 170 yards, and 300 yards total offense while gaining 400 yards on the Denver defense. If not for Orton's 2 INTs Bills would have won that game.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get nervous and excited about every game. We could be playing the Jacksonville Jaguar's practice squad and I would be on the edge of my seat at kickoff! I definitely have faith we can win (I have faith we can win ANY game). I love the nervous/excitement feeling. Is it game time yet?!

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh well . . . the Bills just played Denver in Denver and limited Manning to 0 touchdowns, 2 INTs, 170 yards, and 300 yards total offense while gaining 400 yards on the Denver defense. If not for Orton's 2 INTs Bills would have won that game.

And that means they'll do the same against the best QB in the world?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So were the Patriots and Eagles.

Is there a game that doesn't make you nervous? How about a little faith? I don't understand how you can be more confident in the Bills than you are in the Packers.
Atlanta didn't make me nervous. The last game I was on here saying I was nervous about was the saints. So make comments all you want. But don't make ignorant ones like saying I'm more confident in the bills. I just see their strength and home field advantage and respect the fact that they aren't the push over like some think.

Patriots and Eagles have a different defense. Not sure how much you pay attention to other teams in the league but Buffalo has a really good d line that gets pressure.

Obviously you show no concern with the team that leads the league in sacks. It's going to be a close game unless we are able to get out in the 1st and put a lot of points on the board.

I hope you freak out on the "experts" too bc they seem to expect a close game as well. http://www.totalpackers.com/2014/12/13/predictions-green-bay-packers-buffalo-bills/

Last edited:

GoPackGoInDenver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I live in Denver and have all my life so I have seen my fair share of Kyle Orton and he will try his best to make this game as boring as possible. This is a no brainer statement but I think holds true even more this game, the linebackers and db's will be tested a lot but I don't see the Bills offence taking big shots down the field. I think the Packers will win the game, I just see it going 2 different ways: 1. I see it like the game against Denver last week in which the game was in hand until very late when the Bills scored a couple of touchdowns or 2. Green Bay has to make a comeback and scores a late touchdown to win the game.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The Buffalo News' take:
http://www.buffalonews.com/city-reg...ntage-of-vulnerable-packer-secondary-20141214

I'm with Ivo, that Buffalo defense is for real. Interesting comment following the story that the Pack are 0-3 on turf this year. The Vikes are playing on turf, aren't they?

Go Pack...and I'm kinda jealous of you guys at the game today. Buffalo and their fans are the closest thing to Packers fans that I've found in the NFL... 2nd smallest market in the NFL, right? Fill us in on your experience at "The Ralph" as they call it.

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Manning also isn't playing as high of a level this year as Rodgers he's not the same manning we saw last year ! It's game day morning in orchard park getting ready to head out to the Ralph should be an awesome experience! Little more faith in our team guys let's go!

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Acknowledging that Buffalo has a sound defense or that they're not puddle scum doesn't demonstrate a lack of faith. A fan of the game will give the opposition their props when it's due.

Incidentally, it is supposed to be in the 40's here in Packerland today.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pack 35
Bills 17
Well, the Bills have roughly the 3rd/4th best defense in the league. Against another roughly 3rd/4th best defense (Seattle), the Packers lost. Against pretty much the best defense (Detroit), the Packers lost. Against roughly the 6th/7th best defense (Miami) the Packers needed the final seconds to pull out a victory. The Packers went up against about the 10th best defense, at home, in a clean turnover game, and won but not in huge fashion (New England).

On the road, against a top tier defense, this is likely going to be low scoring game, wherein the Packers need to force turnovers to assure a win. My gut tells me that's not going to happen, so-

Bills 20
Packers 14

where the Packers will be driving at the end of the game, in field goal range, but an earlier missed field goal will make going for the TD necessary instead of kicking for a tie.

AND the Packers will still be in as good a shape as any to win it all in Jan/Feb. It's simply this game and how I think it will turn out.

D

Deleted member 6794

Pack 35
Bills 17

I think the Packers will win this game but it will be a close one. IMO the Bills defense has proved to be one of the best in the league and we should give credit to another team when it's due.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
where the Packers will be driving at the end of the game, in field goal range, but an earlier missed field goal will make going for the TD necessary instead of kicking for a tie.

You precise speculation is foolhardy. No one in their right mind would make such a detailed prediction. Sheer speculation.

As someone much smarter than you or I once said, "what can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without discussion."

I find it crazy when people predict a score, it's just as shaky, much less predict the exact circumstances of "the end of the game." Foolish.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bills defense is coached by Schwartz......the pack was able to put up some numbers on that fool when he was in Detroit.

Members online

Latest posts