Best arms ever?

Nobody else on the planet could have made that last throw against the Cardinals. Dan Marino in his p

• Only Those Two

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Someone Else, also (add below)

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The last throw Aaron Rodgers made was the best in NFL history. Can we agree there? Lol Due to mechanics and all circumstances involved. Right?
Not IMO. It isn’t even the best throw Rodgers has made in the NFL considering all the circumstances involved. IMO that throw happened in Super Bowl XLV with under six minutes left in the game and the Steelers had just scored to cut an 18-point lead to 3. The Packers had the ball at their own 25 yard line, third and ten. If they have to punt the Steelers’ momentum could have won them the game. Rodgers tells the huddle "We're going to be champions tonight" and proceeds to zip the ball about 30-yards in the air. CB Ike Taylor gets a fingertip on it but it lands in Jennings chest for a 31-yard completion, first down at the Steelers 44-yard line. The Packers drive for a FG and the Steelers start their last possession at their 13-yard line with just under 2 minutes left. That was a better, more important pass IMO.

This is what Rodgers said about the Hail Mary: ""I didn't know where anybody was really," Rodgers said. "I saw Jeff briefly and I just tried to put some air on it to give him a chance." He displayed a great arm but it's not like he pinpointed Janis on the throw. BTW, when asked what he could tell people that they don’t already know about Hail Mary passes, Jordy Nelson said, “It’s all luck.” http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=14602631&ex_cid=espnapi_public

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Nope. Favre to Sharp vs Detroit. Won a playoff game, not regular season, not for a tie. Falling sideways at the 42 yard line, in the air to about 7 yards deep in end zone, inside last two minutes. Good enough for me. Rodgers best pass I actually prefer the 4th and 20 to Janis for 62 yards or whatever vs Arizona. More impressive and more meaningful. Probably several others if I'd think about it. Name Rocky Bleier ring a bell?

Rocky Bleier is a true inspiration. I watched him play at Three Rivers Stadium. After going what he went through, he should be admired regardless of who he played for.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nope. Favre to Sharp vs Detroit. Won a playoff game, not regular season, not for a tie. Falling sideways at the 42 yard line, in the air to about 7 yards deep in end zone, inside last two minutes. Good enough for me. Rodgers best pass I actually prefer the 4th and 20 to Janis for 62 yards or whatever vs Arizona. More impressive and more meaningful. Probably several others if I'd think about it. Name Rocky Bleier ring a bell?
Aaron Rodgers should have won the game on that throw too. Arizona didn't know what hit them after that. They were really caught off guard. You can see it in that video. I am pretty sure AR would have gotten that 2-point conversion no matter what. Then we may be in the Super Bowl instead of Carolina.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers should have won the game on that throw too. Arizona didn't know what hit them after that. They were really caught off guard. You can see it in that video. I am pretty sure AR would have gotten that 2-point conversion no matter what. Then we may be in the Super Bowl instead of Carolina.

Woah... That last sentence is getting carried away. Carolina looks pretty legit to me, especially with how they played against Arizona. Destroyed them!

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Agreed, my personal favorite was to Jennings in the Super Bowl, on a third down that they needed. Over the middle with no room to spare. Great catch and an even better pass. To me that is true skill, and grit under pressure.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score