Best arms ever?

Nobody else on the planet could have made that last throw against the Cardinals. Dan Marino in his p

• Only Those Two

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Someone Else, also (add below)

Votes: 10 90.9%

• Total voters

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe no one here has mentioned Bradshaw. Dude threw a ball so hard in practice it literally ripped his receivers hand in half. He never played football again after that.
I don't think Terry Bradshaw was that great. Decent. He played on SUPER teams. jmo

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Terry Bradshaw was that great. Decent. He played on SUPER teams. jmo

I'm not saying Bradshaw was that great... But to leave him out of a pure arm discussion is nuts. Nobody else has ever had that kind of arm strength.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This is the greatest game I've ever seen in my life. I was there with my father, as always. I have the Sports Illustrated issue after that game with Dan the Man on the cover in plastic right now.

I found out after the game that Don Shula told Marino to throw it over the middle to Keith Jacksonon on 4th and 5 to get the first down to keep the drive alive. Well, here's what happened... Dan Marino saw that Irving Fryar was in 1-on-1 bump-and-run coverage and Marino gave Fryar a "Secret Signal" telling him, it is happening RIGHT NOW. And that's what happened.

Also, I was at Marino's last game in the Dawg Pound in Cleveland when he blew his achilles and said that he looked in the stands because he thought somebody shot him. That's what it felt like to him and he believed that is what happened. lol
Bill Parcells after that game? "That's Dan Marino, he'll break your heart", lol

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Dan Marino's teammates would have died on the field for him if they had to, imo. Too bad they all sucked lol

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new poster opined that "Nobody else on the planet could have made that last throw against the Cardinals. Dan Marino in his prime is the only other. Does anybody want to debate that?" I countered that I assume there would lots of other candidates. Tried to make this a poll but am having trouble. Also see similar thread, but none more recent than a few years. So, just add a post and either agree with him or name someone else you feel could have done it.

Bob Gibson.

OP
OP
H

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to believe no one here has mentioned Bradshaw. Dude threw a ball so hard in practice it literally ripped his receivers hand in half. He never played football again after that.

Seriously doubt half the hand was lying on the ground.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

If you can read, i didnt say that. His hand was split from between the fingers, nearly down to the wrist.

Is everyone on this board so tempermental?

No, and not everybody has an attitude problem either. You need to reel yours in, or you won`t be around here much longer..Dudette.

jrock645

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, and not everybody has an attitude problem either. You need to reel yours in, or you won`t be around here much longer..Dudette.

I think the attitude problem is yours. Seems like anyone is allowed to have an opinion except me, for me.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

I think the attitude problem is yours. Seems like anyone is allowed to have an opinion except me, for me.

Your opinion is fine. The way you give it is not. You`ve been warned already. Tone it down.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I agree that maybe in the years around 24-28, he may have had a strong arm than in college. I doubt at 32 his arm is stronger than it was at 22.
Have you ever seen this throw? lol ;)

That's the one that got us to the playoffs. The last one he threw could have got us to the Super Bowl. He's that good and then some, honestly.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at it from this video's angle. How HIGH it was. Seriously, he's way better now.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have you ever seen this throw? lol ;)

That's the one that got us to the playoffs. The last one he threw could have got us to the Super Bowl. He's that good and then some, honestly.

I'm not arguing Aaron's Talent. Being "better"... Of course he is better. He has 10 years of NFL experience.

But I doubt his arm is physically stronger than it was at 22.

Some of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history could throw the ball further and higher than Aaron, not a good indication of talent.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not arguing Aaron's Talent. Being "better"... Of course he is better. He has 10 years of NFL experience.

But I doubt his arm is physically stronger than it was at 22.

Some of the worst quarterbacks in NFL history could throw the ball further and higher than Aaron, not a good indication of talent.
Bro, it was 28 yards HIGH and 72 yards long. Any math wizards here? It's over 90 yards. That's far. lol

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks to Instagram user Brandon Movitz, whose view came from the line of scrimmage roughly 10 rows behind the Detroit Lions sideline, we see how high Rodgers' throw traveled in addition to how far. When Packers defensive lineman B.J. Raji said, "I thought it was going to hit the ceiling," he wasn't kidding.

LOL

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could be wrong man. But, you won't find hardly anybody better at numbers than me.

Considering your numbers are faulted in general I will say that you are wrong.. .But since I have a moment Ill take the time to correct you.

1) Aaron releases the ball approximately 2.5 off the ground when throwing it. Most estimates range from 26 to the highest i have heard of 28... A more realistic number is 24-25 yards high.

2) Aaron releases the ball on the 35, there is still images everywhere of it.... it travels approximately 4 yards into the endzone. So that is 69 with a huge free running start. He is probably moving 7mph+ forward at the release of the ball.

3) All throws of 60 plus yards need arc, you cant throw it on a rope. This thing about the height of the ball is being blown out of proportion. He gave up distance for height. Which is great, but not spectacular. A typical hail mary is probably 20 yards... He threw it 5 yards higher. Yay!

Now you take into account he threw further than this after college, 72+ yards without the arc. And you can see there is really nothing Aaron did that was anything spectacular to him. There are also hundreds of other guys in this country that can throw the ball that far with that arc.

One of the biggest bust of all time J. Russel. Threw the ball 60+ on his f'n knees. Can you imagine? No running start... no foot motion. 60 yards. J Russel could probably throw 85+ in the air. Didn't need the vertical height to be added.

All in all this throw itself will not rate in my top 10 hardest throws that Aaron has made. It was a great victory and for that will be remembered. But I have seen Aaron make 100 throws more difficult than that one. I doubt even he wants to be remember for winging a ball up into no mans land.

CashInFist

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Considering your numbers are faulted in general I will say that you are wrong.. .But since I have a moment Ill take the time to correct you.

1) Aaron releases the ball approximately 2.5 off the ground when throwing it. Most estimates range from 26 to the highest i have heard of 28... A more realistic number is 24-25 yards high.

2) Aaron releases the ball on the 35, there is still images everywhere of it.... it travels approximately 4 yards into the endzone. So that is 69 with a huge free running start. He is probably moving 7mph+ forward at the release of the ball.

3) All throws of 60 plus yards need arc, you cant throw it on a rope. This thing about the height of the ball is being blown out of proportion. He gave up distance for height. Which is great, but not spectacular. A typical hail mary is probably 20 yards... He threw it 5 yards higher. Yay!

Now you take into account he threw further than this after college, 72+ yards without the arc. And you can see there is really nothing Aaron did that was anything spectacular to him. There are also hundreds of other guys in this country that can throw the ball that far with that arc.

One of the biggest bust of all time J. Russel. Threw the ball 60+ on his f'n knees. Can you imagine? No running start... no foot motion. 60 yards. J Russel could probably throw 85+ in the air. Didn't need the vertical height to be added.

All in all this throw itself will not rate in my top 10 hardest throws that Aaron has made. It was a great victory and for that will be remembered. But I have seen Aaron make 100 throws more difficult than that one. I doubt even he wants to be remember for winging a ball up into no mans land.

The last throw Aaron Rodgers made was the best in NFL history. Can we agree there? lol

Due to mechanics and all circumstances involved. Right?

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. Favre to Sharp vs Detroit. Won a playoff game, not regular season, not for a tie. Falling sideways at the 42 yard line, in the air to about 7 yards deep in end zone, inside last two minutes. Good enough for me. Rodgers best pass I actually prefer the 4th and 20 to Janis for 62 yards or whatever vs Arizona. More impressive and more meaningful. Probably several others if I'd think about it. Name Rocky Bleier ring a bell?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts