Trade Deadline Approaching

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the trade deadline nearing, talk has started to heat up. October 31st will be here before we know it

AJ Dillon is available

Not opposed to this at all. Dont think he's a candidate to be resigned in the offseason and he's not producing on the field currently. Not sure what you could realistically get for him but that brings us to our next one

Jonathan Taylor has been available

Just saw a proposal of AJ Dillon and a 2024 2nd Round pick. I'd do that trade as fast as I could if I were the Packers

Davantae Adams might be available

This ones interesting not only because Adams used to play in GB but one of the other most commonly mentioned destinations for him is none other than the Detroit Lions. We'd all hate to see that as that would make them a true contender. And likely mean the Packers wouldn't end that losing streak to Detroit any time soon. Adams, Amon Ra St Brown, Sam Laporta and Jameson Williams with Montgomery or Gibbs at rb, yikes. The most recent one I saw was a 2024 2nd and a 2025 2nd. For me thatd be hard to pass up especially with the alternative being he joins the Lions. Unfortunately because of the conditional nature of the Rodgers trade, the Packers cant trade that pick until the off season. Meaning they only have one 2024 2nd to work with currently

Garret Bolles might be available

He's a LT Im not too familar with. The trade I saw floated was for a 2024 4th rounder. If hes better than the current option, I think out of everything Ive heard, this is a no brainer.

If I were the Packers Id do my best to get Jonathan Taylor, Davantae Adams, and Garrett Boles. Lets say you have to give up your 2024 1st for Adams and your 2024 2nd and AJ Dillon for Jonathan Taylor

I think you come out way ahead there, adding arguably the best wr and the best rb in the Nfl. And you still have the Jets 2nd rounder in 2024 to use on a LT

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do like the idea of maybe going after Taylor I feel like it’s doubtful tho. I don’t think we will get anything much for Dillon tbh we need OL help lael Collins is definitely intriguing if he is healthy and sounds like he is ready to go I would sign him right away.

Reaction score
Good stuff thanks Quick

I know we want to move on a year too early on players. Aaron Jones is one we should milk until the bone is dry. As long as #33 is agreeable to playing at a market discount anyway.

Dillon has been a relative disappointment, but I’m not so sure it’s not all his fault. imo we’ve underutilized him in the passing game. He averages 31 receptions at over 8 yards per across the last 2 seasons. This season he has 3 Receptions?? In a new Offense yiu ignore your veteran like we’re in the MM era again
We’ve done a D+ level poor job of setting Dillon up for success imo. We’d rather take a -4 yard play and start 2nd and 14 over plug him with a pass in space and start 2nd and 2. He’s got the excellent hands and he’s being ignored at something he does well. It’s time to get positive yards on early downs and let’s be less predictable

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the trade deadline nearing, talk has started to heat up. October 31st will be here before we know it

AJ Dillon is available

Not opposed to this at all. Dont think he's a candidate to be resigned in the offseason and he's not producing on the field currently. Not sure what you could realistically get for him but that brings us to our next one

Jonathan Taylor has been available

Just saw a proposal of AJ Dillon and a 2024 2nd Round pick. I'd do that trade as fast as I could if I were the Packers

Davantae Adams might be available

This ones interesting not only because Adams used to play in GB but one of the other most commonly mentioned destinations for him is none other than the Detroit Lions. We'd all hate to see that as that would make them a true contender. And likely mean the Packers wouldn't end that losing streak to Detroit any time soon. Adams, Amon Ra St Brown, Sam Laporta and Jameson Williams with Montgomery or Gibbs at rb, yikes. The most recent one I saw was a 2024 2nd and a 2025 2nd. For me thatd be hard to pass up especially with the alternative being he joins the Lions. Unfortunately because of the conditional nature of the Rodgers trade, the Packers cant trade that pick until the off season. Meaning they only have one 2024 2nd to work with currently

Garret Bolles might be available

He's a LT Im not too familar with. The trade I saw floated was for a 2024 4th rounder. If hes better than the current option, I think out of everything Ive heard, this is a no brainer.

If I were the Packers Id do my best to get Jonathan Taylor, Davantae Adams, and Garrett Boles. Lets say you have to give up your 2024 1st for Adams and your 2024 2nd and AJ Dillon for Jonathan Taylor

I think you come out way ahead there, adding arguably the best wr and the best rb in the Nfl. And you still have the Jets 2nd rounder in 2024 to use on a LT
If Boles is the best on the OL that would take precedent before even a RB. Even at guard we could use an upgrade. Need to help Love. Rodgers was spoiled with a good offensive line most of his time here along with top receivers. Let us afford Love the chance.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is going to give us anything for Dillon? Taylor just signed an extension with Indy. If we are looking for RB help we might have better luck scouring other teams' PS.

I don't see Davante leaving LV anytime soon.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who is going to give us anything for Dillon? Taylor just signed an extension with Indy. If we are looking for RB help we might have better luck scouring other teams' PS.

I hope to get a chance to see Wilson some. And I agree with whoever said we should have a decent run blocking O line before signing big money RBs. Why scour PS of other teams for a RB? I don't get it. And we still have Taylor. Are we just playing roulette?

Reaction score
I hope to get a chance to see Wilson some. And I agree with whoever said we should have a decent run blocking O line before signing big money RBs. Why scour PS of other teams for a RB? I don't get it. And we still have Taylor. Are we just playing roulette?
Me also I like Wilson but he needs reps.
We don’t need a RB, we need better blocking and I mean substantially better. That goes for the OL, TE and WR groups. Our blocking is otherworldly bad compared to a few years ago.
That said. I know this is a very, very young team. Most of our WR and TE group just are not standout blockers and I’m convinced it takes a minute or two at the NFL level to learn that art. I suspect Kraft will be good by next year or so. #81 Josiah is not terrible, but against great Pass rushers he’s near lost. Musgrave is a TE but really a glorified WR, but his blocking is deplorable. That said this is all going to be part of growing pains. We probably should’ve held onto Lewis 1 more season until we transitioned, but yes I’m using hindsight.
I think we should find a moderate priced Veteran OL by trade deadline. Realizing we want to develop our own guys, but imo it’s a priority to protect this QB and get a sense of what he’s capable with proper protection. I’m talking a Kelly or Turner type mid tier Veteran on a prorated to round out this group now that David is officially out. If a LT isn’t available get a good veteran Guard and we can shuffle some.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
If a LT isn’t available get a good veteran Guard and we can shuffle some
Get a center that can anchor and also properly call out blocking assignments. Myers is barely competent at the first and for some reason doesn't get the 2nd accomplished. He doesn't make the right call or the rest of the line doesn't hear or listen to him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Good stuff thanks Quick

I know we want to move on a year too early on players. Aaron Jones is one we should milk until the bone is dry. As long as #33 is agreeable to playing at a market discount anyway.

Dillon has been a relative disappointment, but I’m not so sure it’s not all his fault. imo we’ve underutilized him in the passing game. He averages 31 receptions at over 8 yards per across the last 2 seasons. This season he has 3 Receptions?? In a new Offense yiu ignore your veteran like we’re in the MM era again
We’ve done a D+ level poor job of setting Dillon up for success imo. We’d rather take a -4 yard play and start 2nd and 14 over plug him with a pass in space and start 2nd and 2. He’s got the excellent hands and he’s being ignored at something he does well. It’s time to get positive yards on early downs and let’s be less predictable
This should have been happening since the opening drive was of the season if for no other reason than to keep Jordan Love in manageable situations. The failure to do this falls squarely on LaFleur's shoulders. He allowed the Detroit game to get away from him in the 1 st quarter. He needs to get his head screwed on straight. Shame on him!

Reaction score
Get a center that can anchor and also properly call out blocking assignments.
That was going to be my third suggestion. Although someone on the level of a LT Vander.. whatever his 6’7” name was or a Turner. They don’t need to be world beaters, just generally a starter level veteran
The failure to do this falls squarely on LaFleur's shoulders.
I agree and my belief is he knows that and takes responsibility.

Although what we’re seeing real-time is every 2023 Packer opponent we’ve played thus far Won this weekend. 4-0 in week 5 means combined, the Packers opponents have a combined 11-9 Win-Loss record.
GB can get some credibility back with another Road Win Monday night. My hopes before the season started was a .500 record through 8 contests. Being an inexperienced team means we should conceivably start like a porpoise up n down, but get slightly better down the stretch

Trust me, I saw the same crap you saw last week. But sometimes a good A kicking is what’s needed to not allow complacency to set in.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
That was going to be my third suggestion. Although someone on the level of a LT Vander.. whatever his 6’7” name was or a Turner. They don’t need to be world beaters, just generally a starter level veteran

I agree and my belief is he knows that and takes responsibility.

Although what we’re seeing real-time is every 2023 Packer opponent we’ve played thus far Won this weekend. 4-0 in week 5 means combined, the Packers opponents have a combined 11-9 Win-Loss record.
GB can get some credibility back with another Road Win Monday night. My hopes before the season started was a .500 record through 8 contests. Being an inexperienced team means we should conceivably start like a porpoise up n down, but get slightly better down the stretch

Trust me, I saw the same crap you saw last week. But sometimes a good A kicking is what’s needed to not allow complacency to set in.
September is awfully early for complacency to set in. The entire coaching staff has to get better soon, all the way down to the equipment staff and strength & conditioning staff. This imo, has been the worst aspect of this team so far. Very, very disappointed in all of them as a whole.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
September is awfully early for complacency to set in. The entire coaching staff has to get better soon, all the way down to the equipment staff and strength & conditioning staff. This imo, has been the worst aspect of this team so far. Very, very disappointed in all of them as a whole.
We are 2-2 with a first year starter at QB and a slate of extremely young receivers and TEs. What's there to be disappointed about? A lot of teams would be 0-4 right now in our position. Most were expecting us to be right around the .500 mark at the end of the year. Why so disappointed?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact this team truthfully should be 3-1 is insane too me...that Atlanta collapse being the one. With a first year starter, Bakh's injury issues, the OL woes and literally having zero multi-year experienced guys in TE or WR room is crazy.

There is plenty to work on and be honest about our shortcomings but Dear Lordy almighty I am smiling so far about this season...we pull this Raiders game out, get a touch healthier with the bye and who knows what happens as this season settles in. The fact that we truly are realistically in the discussion for the division still is awesome given everything.

Reaction score
We are 2-2 with a first year starter at QB and a slate of extremely young receivers and TEs. What's there to be disappointed about? A lot of teams would be 0-4 right now in our position. Most were expecting us to be right around the .500 mark at the end of the year. Why so disappointed?
Thank you. I think sometimes we lose sight of the big picture
This Offense is historically inexperienced, but showing wonderful signs of their ceiling.
I’m actually surprised they’ve started this fast.

The Defense…. … .. ……
has a ways to go ;)

Last edited:

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Get a center that can anchor and also properly call out blocking assignments. Myers is barely competent at the first and for some reason doesn't get the 2nd accomplished. He doesn't make the right call or the rest of the line doesn't hear or listen to him.
Spot on Poppa San. I hope that this is a priority in the draft. I would be fine with it being our first or second round pick if there is a sturdy clydesdale available. It would really make a big difference for whomever our QB is in the future, Love or someone else.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spot on Poppa San. I hope that this is a priority in the draft. I would be fine with it being our first or second round pick if there is a sturdy clydesdale available. It would really make a big difference for whomever our QB is in the future, Love or someone else.

If desiring a center there are a few I really like in this next draft...not sure any of them are first round worthy but Sedrick Van Pran is easily a 2nd round grade for me atm...

I really like Zach Frazier at West Virginia and also Nugent from Michigan has my eye.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have young talent at all of the skills positions except for RB, which we can get later in the draft. Center may be the most pressing offensive need, along with solid backups at G/T. If we can get the top center in the second round, all the better. Spend our #1 on a safety.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Rumors are swirling that calls are coming in for Watson. Gotta keep that guy. I don’t think there’s any reason to give up any players or picks this season. Ride it out & reload.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Two caveats before I state this:

1) Many will probably not like this idea and you could very well be right about that. If you think I'm a moron, well chances are...

2) I have no idea how this would ever work, contractually/financially. With my baseline knowledge of the cap, it doesn't seem feasible, but there are often mechanisms that teams can use to do things with the cap that aren't immediately obvious. I'm not claiming that's the case here, but I guess it's conceivable.

So here's the thought:

The Packers should trade Jaire Alexander. Here's my thinking:

1) Jaire is good at a lot of things, but his superpower is sticky man coverage. He can hang with almost anybody one-on-one and his ability to either prevent his man from being targeted or break up the pass isn't affected by his lack of size. The problem is that the Packers are rarely in man coverage. Part of this is on Barry and the way he coaches the defense, but a much larger factor is the nature of modern NFL offense. Motion, condensed sets, bunches, rub routes, mobile QB's... there are a lot of factors that make it hard to play a lot of man. This is why zone is what the league as a whole is using on 2/3's of defensive snaps. Jaire is good in zone! But it's not what makes him special.

2) Size/injury-- Jaire has always been smallish but he didn't used to play like it. Since his shoulder injury, he plays small. He isn't a good tackler in the running game and his click and close isn't what I would want in a guy who is making elite money. If you play a lot of zone, your corners have to tackle.

3) Corner depth-- Right now, Rasul Douglas is the best corner on the Packers. Eric Stokes is a former 1st round pick who will be back soon and needs to play so they can know what they have in him. Carrington Valentine is a player that should be getting snaps in a developmental season.

4) Cap/Capital-- The Packers are likely getting ready to pay huge money to Rashan Gary, and it would be nice if they could invest more around Love. Furthermore, if Love doesn't show progress this season, they need to have a lot of ammo on hand to make a move up for a new QB.

So if it can be done and if someone wanted to give them a 1st round pick or maybe more, I think there's potential that they could/should move Alexander.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Isn't one of the reasons he left because he said his wife didn't want to live there?

Krabs

Reaction score

1) Many will probably not like this idea and you could very well be right about that. If you think I'm a moron, well chances are...

2) I have no idea how this would ever work, contractually/financially. With my baseline knowledge of the cap, it doesn't seem feasible, but there are often mechanisms that teams can use to do things with the cap that aren't immediately obvious. I'm not claiming that's the case here, but I guess it's conceivable.

So here's the thought:

1) Jaire is good at a lot of things, but his superpower is sticky man coverage. He can hang with almost anybody one-on-one and his ability to either prevent his man from being targeted or break up the pass isn't affected by his lack of size. The problem is that the Packers are rarely in man coverage. Part of this is on Barry and the way he coaches the defense, but a much larger factor is the nature of modern NFL offense. Motion, condensed sets, bunches, rub routes, mobile QB's... there are a lot of factors that make it hard to play a lot of man. This is why zone is what the league as a whole is using on 2/3's of defensive snaps. Jaire is good in zone! But it's not what makes him special.

2) Size/injury-- Jaire has always been smallish but he didn't used to play like it. Since his shoulder injury, he plays small. He isn't a good tackler in the running game and his click and close isn't what I would want in a guy who is making elite money. If you play a lot of zone, your corners have to tackle.

3) Corner depth-- Right now, Rasul Douglas is the best corner on the Packers. Eric Stokes is a former 1st round pick who will be back soon and needs to play so they can know what they have in him. Carrington Valentine is a player that should be getting snaps in a developmental season.

4) Cap/Capital-- The Packers are likely getting ready to pay huge money to Rashan Gary, and it would be nice if they could invest more around Love. Furthermore, if Love doesn't show progress this season, they need to have a lot of ammo on hand to make a move up for a new QB.

So if it can be done and if someone wanted to give them a 1st round pick or maybe more, I think there's potential that they could/should move Alexander.
I mean, everything is possible, but this wouldn't help our cap situation. I also don't disagree with your points. They made an investment in Alexander and it would hurt to lose him financially. The way I read his contract is that he is signed through 2027. If traded, he would be a dead cap hit of $27 million without any cap savings. In fact, he would still count for $3 million against the cap next season even with the dead cap hit. 2025 he would count for $19 million in dead money, but the Packers would save $6 million against the cap. 2026 would be another $10 million in dead money, but save $17 million against the cap. I really don't see trading Alexander as an option.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So here's the thought:

I from a management place and from just a sheer logical place where we are truly believe trading Jaire is not just arguably a smart thing but could be argued is the right thing to do truthfully.

He is the only real BIG player with a massive return that has a contract which a team could be willing to receive.

Krabs

Reaction score
I from a management place and from just a sheer logical place where we are truly believe trading Jaire is not just arguably a smart thing but could be argued is the right thing to do truthfully.

He is the only real BIG player with a massive return that has a contract which a team could be willing to receive.
I don’t think his contract would allow a trade due to cap stipulations. It would cost the Packers too much to trade him.