2023 UDFA Tracker

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most definitely Favre wanted to stick it to the Packers, what ultra competitor wouldn't want to do the same? Those Packer fans that were/are still offended by that, should prepare themselves. If Rodgers ever gets a chance to play the Packers, he will have that date circled, starred and highlighted. Just like I didn't dislike Favre for wanting to beat his old team, my opinion of #8 wouldn't change in the slightest if that happened.
Unless we meet in the SB or if we somehow fall into that Game 17 lottery with the AFC we would not meet the Jets until 2026. Will Rodgers still be playing them?

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe Favre wanted to win and the Vikings wanted to win. Sticking it to GB was just a little sugar in the cup. And Favre knew that his chances of a SB were greater in Minnesota than with a Jet team that was in a division with Brady and Belichick.
Favre wanted to shove it up Ted's *ss for sure.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Unless we meet in the SB or if we somehow fall into that Game 17 lottery with the AFC we would not meet the Jets until 2026. Will Rodgers still be playing them?
Who says he has to be a Jet to go up against him? ;)

If he remains a Jet, you are correct, it would either be facing him in a SB, a 25% chance of facing him in 2024 or facing him in 2026, if he is still playing (for the Jets).

While I hope the Jets finish with the worst record in the NFL in 2023 and Rodgers plays more than 60% of the snaps, I don't expect it. However, if that happens, the Packers get the first pick in the 2024 draft and if they finish last in the NFL North, they would face #8 next year in GB....Prime Time game for sure.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If he remains a Jet, you are correct, it would either be facing him in a SB, a 25% chance of facing him in 2024 or facing him in 2026, if he is still playing (for the Jets).

While I hope the Jets finish with the worst record in the NFL in 2023 and Rodgers plays more than 60% of the snaps, I don't expect it. However, if that happens, the Packers get the first pick in the 2024 draft and if they finish last in the NFL North, they would face #8 next year in GB....Prime Time game for sure.

I actually think he is more likely to play somewhere not in NY if he doesn't win a SB with them in 2023 or 2024 than retiring personally.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't personally think Rodgers will have any vindictive or redemption type reasons for wanting to beat GB, it's more of a competitor or pride type thing merely wanting to say I still got it when they play their old teams.
While I agree that this will be the perception that Rodgers will present, I don't believe for a second that nothing would please him more than to beat his old team, at Lambeau. Again, that doesn't change my perception of #8 in a negative way, it just goes to show you how motivated he can be on the field.

I may be remembering wrong, but I think he publicly talked about wanting to beat the 49'ers, to prove to them that they made a mistake in drafting Alex Smith instead of him. The 49'ers coach at the time, Mike Nolan, was reported as saying that the 49'ers viewed Smith as the "safe pick" and that they felt Aaron was “very cocky, very confident, arrogant.”

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I actually think he is more likely to play somewhere not in NY if he doesn't win a SB with them in 2023 or 2024 than retiring personally.
Agree. I think the Jets have put themselves into a win now at all costs and if they just fall short in 2023, they will double their efforts in 2024. Which will probably put them in a similar cap situation as the Packers found themselves in by doing the same. Rodgers will probably play as long as his body lets him and he is still playing at a high level. He's a total competitor.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. I think the Jets have put themselves into a win now at all costs and if they just fall short in 2023, they will double their efforts in 2024. Which will probably put them in a similar cap situation as the Packers found themselves in by doing the same. Rodgers will probably play as long as his body lets him and he is still playing at a high level. He's a total competitor.

The Jets are smart to see what they can do this year and next, after that they have could EASILY retain many YOUNG studs for future, and build around another.....better yet for them is if Zach Wilson uses 2023 and maybe 2024 to click as many thought he could. As a fan of a team not the Jets, I pray none of that happens. LOL

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
better yet for them is if Zach Wilson uses 2023 and maybe 2024 to click as many thought he could
But what a waste, a first round rookie, taken with the #2 pick in the 2021 draft no less, not significantly contributing. Jets probably win a SB this year if they hadn't drafted Wilson and used the pick on an actual need. There must be a few people in this forum that are just sick over that. :coffee: :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this were a Jets forum, likely, but i don't anybody really cares much on this one. Other than those that bring up the Jets and their QB's on a daily basis I guess.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes. He could pull a Favre and wind up in our division. Could you see the Vikings dumping Cousins for Rodgers in a year or two?

D

Deleted member 6794

Most definitely Favre wanted to stick it to the Packers, what ultra competitor wouldn't want to do the same? Those Packer fans that were/are still offended by that, should prepare themselves. If Rodgers ever gets a chance to play the Packers, he will have that date circled, starred and highlighted. Just like I didn't dislike Favre for wanting to beat his old team, my opinion of #8 wouldn't change in the slightest if that happened.

I definitely disliked Favre for forcing his way onto the Vikings though. You need to remember that he retired after his only season with the Jets once again for them to release him before he could sign with Minnesota.

While I agree that this will be the perception that Rodgers will present, I don't believe for a second that nothing would please him more than to beat his old team, at Lambeau. Again, that doesn't change my perception of #8 in a negative way, it just goes to show you how motivated he can be on the field.

Well, you would have a hard time thinking in a more negative way about Rodgers anyway :roflmao:

I think the Jets have put themselves into a win now at all costs and if they just fall short in 2023, they will double their efforts in 2024. Which will probably put them in a similar cap situation as the Packers found themselves in by doing the same.

The Jets will definitely have to adjust Rodgers' contract for next season. At this point he's set to have a cap hit of $107.6 million for 2024.

But what a waste, a first round rookie, taken with the #2 pick in the 2021 draft no less, not significantly contributing. Jets probably win a SB this year if they hadn't drafted Wilson and used the pick on an actual need. There must be a few people in this forum that are just sick over that. :coffee: :rolleyes:

Do you realize the Jets found themselves in a completely different situation at the time of the 2021 draft than the Packers did a year early? There were coming off a 2-14 season having traded their struggling starter to Carolina before the draft.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apples and Oranges.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Apples and Oranges.
Maybe to someone who is dug in so deep, they can't see clearly.

Why talk about how other teams operate or the difficulty of finding a quality QB in the NFL? No, this is all about Gute drafting Love and how that one pick and only that pick, has cost the Packers multiple Super Bowls. :rolleyes:

I will say though, it is fun to watch a few of you continue to stew over the drafting of Love, as the rest of us sit back and witness the present day, you know, the one where Love is now the starting QB.

Last edited:

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe to someone who is dug in so deep, they can't see a clearly.

Why talk about how other teams operate or the difficulty of finding a quality QB in the NFL? No, this is all about Gute drafting Love and how that one pick and only that pick, has cost the Packers multiple Super Bowls. :rolleyes:

I will say though, it is fun to watch a few of you continue to stew over the drafting of Love, as the rest of us sit back and witness the present day, you know, the one where Love is now the starting QB.
QB 1 has cost the Packers multiple Superbowls by not being clutch. It's been a problem since 2010. With a NEW QB 1 it may get better or it may get significantly worse. We don't have enough information on this topic yet.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
QB 1 has cost the Packers multiple Superbowls by not being clutch. It's been a problem since 2010. With a NEW QB 1 it may get better or it may get significantly worse. We don't have enough information on this topic yet.

Can you provide some further expansion of the thought presented. Are you saying had Rodgers been clutch, we would have won two or more SB's in his time?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I can also point to him not being clutch in Superbowl 45.

So, I'm sorry I find it a little naive, personaly - not calling you naive, to the nuances of a football game to believe that merely had one single player been clutch we win a super bowl. There are so many snaps a game, and each one have 11 players for and against you every single time....you have coaches calling separate calls and coverages every single snap...assignments change for each player depending on the call and at times change on the fly based on the other eleven or even after the snap in response to your opposition.

Everyone knows I've been critical of Rodgers and taken heat here for it from many...but I think this is going beyond fair criticism. Just my .02

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
While I am fine with the Packers moving on from Rodgers, I don't think he and he alone "cost us SB's" or "has been a problem since 2010". Winning SB's isn't easy and it comes down to some luck and anywhere from 53-70 players, coaching, GM, trainers, etc. to all come together and win. Every year, 31 teams and fan bases are "disappointed", because they went another season without a SB win. Rodgers was far from the sole reason that the Packers have only won 1 SB since 1997. As a matter of fact, Rodgers was one of the key reasons that the Packers have been very successful during his time in GB.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, I'm sorry I find it a little naive, personaly - not calling you naive, to the nuances of a football game to believe that merely had one single player been clutch we win a super bowl. There are so many snaps a game, and each one have 13 players for and against you every single time....you have coaches calling separate calls and coverages every single snap...assignments change for each player depending on the call and at times change on the fly based on the other thirteen or even after the snap in response to your opposition.

Everyone knows I've been critical of Rodgers and taken heat here for it from many...but I think this is going beyond fair criticism. Just my .02
Score is 28-25 4th quarter. 1st and goal inside the 5...may even have been 1st and goal at the 1...Rodgers settles for 3 FORCING the Defense to have to make the stop. If he's clutch he gets the ball in the endzone making it at least 34-25 making the final drive a mute point.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Score is 28-25 4th quarter. 1st and goal inside the 5...may even have been 1st and goal at the 1...Rodgers settles for 3 FORCING the Defense to have to make the stop. If he's clutch he gets the ball in the endzone making it at least 34-25 making the final drive a mute point.

However, IF our defense had made more plays leading up to that point that drive wouldn't have mattered...

IF our ST hadn't sucked two playoffs ago, we advance at least - still no guarantee.

I had a coach in basketball one time...that one time a teammate was beating himself up because he missed the game winning lay up...truly a lay up put back off a rebound.

Our coach the next day at the start of practice didn't say a word other than told us to come over and gather round and then it went something like this:

First possession, Ronnie failed to see Briley back cutting for an easy layup and instead missed a jumper from the wing....he hits that shot or passes would we have won?
Fourth possession, Chase missed a wide open three pointer...he makes it do we win?
Fifth possession, Casey fails to hit either of his two free throws...if he makes one do we see overtime, two do we win?
Sixteenth possession.....

you get the drift.

He literally had went home watched the game and catalogued EVERY time a missed shot or chance at an easy bucket occurred. ALL to express the point that it was NEVER just one person's fault or one moment which wins or loses a game. Sure one play can be the one everyone remembers and stories are told about...but NEVER fall victim to the mentality that you and you alone can win or lose a game when there is more than one person on a team.

There are tons of sports moments that taught me a lot...that was one I'll always remember.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However, IF our defense had made more plays leading up to that point that drive wouldn't have mattered...

IF our ST hadn't sucked two playoffs ago, we advance at least - still no guarantee.

I had a coach in basketball one time...that one time a teammate was beating himself up because he missed the game winning lay up...truly a lay up put back off a rebound.

Our coach the next day at the start of practice didn't say a word other than told us to come over and gather round and then it went something like this:

First possession, Ronnie failed to see Briley back cutting for an easy layup and instead missed a jumper from the wing....he hits that shot or passes would we have won?
Fourth possession, Chase missed a wide open three pointer...he makes it do we win?
Fifth possession, Casey fails to hit either of his two free throws...if he makes one do we see overtime, two do we win?
Sixteenth possession.....

you get the drift.

He literally had went home watched the game and catalogued EVERY time a missed shot or chance at an easy bucket occurred. ALL to express the point that it was NEVER just one person's fault or one moment which wins or loses a game. Sure one play can be the one everyone remembers and stories are told about...but NEVER fall victim to the mentality that you and you alone can win or lose a game when there is more than one person on a team.

There are tons of sports moments that taught me a lot...that was one I'll always remember.
I've seen 4th and 26 blamed on Favre in this forum. Sorry Tiny, you're not swaying me off my point.