2023 UDFA Tracker

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I've seen 4th and 26 blamed on Favre in this forum. Sorry Tiny, you're not swaying me off my point.
Gotta say, if anyone is using Favre to blame for "4th and 26" and you are using that as a precedent, we might as well blame Dan Devine for my dog dying a few years ago.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Score is 28-25 4th quarter. 1st and goal inside the 5...may even have been 1st and goal at the 1...Rodgers settles for 3 FORCING the Defense to have to make the stop. If he's clutch he gets the ball in the endzone making it at least 34-25 making the final drive a mute point.

I think the point of 'clutch' is a matter of both the situaiton and the expectation. I don't think anyone really places all the blame on AR, but one can certainly make the point that clutch starts with "regardless of how we got here, this is the situation, and our clutch player will find a way". Actually, in that game, I think the whole scenario surrounding the fumble that Clay caused is a perfect example. And the finale of the Ice Bowl is much the same - a big lead, followed by a dearth of offense in the 2nd half, leading to the situation of the final drive - that was clutch.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've seen 4th and 26 blamed on Favre in this forum. Sorry Tiny, you're not swaying me off my point.

Trust me I'm not trying to change your opinion, merely express reasoning why I don't see reason in it is all. To your first point, unreasonable blame in one case doesn't cause reason or lack of reason in another....

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
How did the 4th and 26th play end up on the UDFA chat board?!? I don't even like thinking about that.

I've recently heard good things about Heath out of Mississippi. I don't think it translates to a roster spot, but a couple key injuries could make it that way. Banks and Cox probably have the best chance at the 53 due to the lack of depth. That's really the only ones I've heard talk about on the local radio.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How did the 4th and 26th play end up on the UDFA chat board?!? I don't even like thinking about that.

I've recently heard good things about Heath out of Mississippi. I don't think it translates to a roster spot, but a couple key injuries could make it that way. Banks and Cox probably have the best chance at the 53 due to the lack of depth. That's really the only ones I've heard talk about on the local radio.

Heath is from all purposes nearly as athletic and productive as Mingo - a guy I was a massive fan of! I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Heath nabs a 5th or 6th WR spot and a 53 man spot....if he doesn't I could easily see us prioritize keeping him here on PS.

Krabs

Reaction score
Heath is from all purposes nearly as athletic and productive as Mingo - a guy I was a massive fan of! I wouldn't be shocked one bit if Heath nabs a 5th or 6th WR spot and a 53 man spot....if he doesn't I could easily see us prioritize keeping him here on PS.
Agreed, he is a shoe in for the PS. What I heard was, he makes one spectacular catch per practice. Take that for what you want because he wasn't going up against the likes of Alexander.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe to someone who is dug in so deep, they can't see a clearly.

Why talk about how other teams operate or the difficulty of finding a quality QB in the NFL? No, this is all about Gute drafting Love and how that one pick and only that pick, has cost the Packers multiple Super Bowls. :rolleyes:

I will say though, it is fun to watch a few of you continue to stew over the drafting of Love, as the rest of us sit back and witness the present day, you know, the one where Love is now the starting QB.
The best stew I ever ate was one that simmered over a low fire for hours. I actually have until opening day to stew all I desire.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta say, if anyone is using Favre to blame for "4th and 26" and you are using that as a precedent, we might as well blame Dan Devine for my dog dying a few years ago.
I should not laugh but did not Devine's dog get killed by someone when he came to GB?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
It's gonna be the Lions
I'd be in favor of that too. He's become too Hollywood I think to go from New York to either Minneapolis or Detroit though. I think he's going to relish the lights and big noise of New York...... at least until the Jets lose a couple of games in a row.

Krabs

Reaction score
This was a spectacular read. Thanks for posting. I experienced the 80's, but an too young to remember the 70's. I had not idea about Devine. Interesting that he brought up Rhodes as one of the worst coaches. I remember that season. Wonder what the story is there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was a spectacular read. Thanks for posting. I experienced the 80's, but an too young to remember the 70's. I had not idea about Devine. Interesting that he brought up Rhodes as one of the worst coaches. I remember that season. Wonder what the story is there.
What I remember from back then was he was a smart guy defensively, but very hands off in a lot of things and when it came to what was going on outside of the practice field he cared even less. Players were pretty undisciplined and partied more than looking at playbooks. Wolf said he recognized the mistake right away and had to correct it.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
From what I can remember, Rhodes was just a bad coach. Much like Joe Barry, he did less with more. Devine will never be forgiven for the John Hadl trade that set the Packers back a ton of years.

Members online

Latest posts