2023 UDFA Tracker

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Appears that GB has signed UDFA OLB Brenton Cox Jr. from Florida. He was kicked-off of both Georgia's team as a freshman, and then Florida's as a senior. This incident in the endzone was (supposedly) the last straw for his stint in Florida. Decent player if they can figure out a way to control his impulses. Similar situation to Quay Walker, but if you're working on one player may as well apply that time/effort to 2?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Kind of surprised that the Packers signed a guy that has been dismissed from 2 teams. They obviously think that either he has worked through things or worth taking a chance on.

I read that before that incident (threw a punch, after being horse collared), some felt he was a top 50 prospect.

Boy o boy, if this kid is looking at this as his last chance in Football, we might have gotten a real diamond.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Kind of surprised that the Packers signed a guy that has been dismissed from 2 teams. They obviously think that either he has worked through things or worth taking a chance on.

I read that before that incident (threw a punch, after being horse collared), some felt he was a top 50 prospect.

Boy o boy, if this kid is looking at this as his last chance in Football, we might have gotten a real diamond.

Being he's an UDFA, the potential reward is worth the risk, not a ton of capital invested.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Being he's an UDFA, the potential reward is worth the risk, not a ton of capital invested.
Unless he hurts somebody! :roflmao: But yeah, I agree. Just looking at his "punch" in the endzone, I doubt that was the only reason Florida cut him lose, more of a last straw. I don't like seeing players lose their cool, but what he did was far different then walking into Taco Bell and beating the crap out of someone due to race, gender, etc. or smacking around your GF, just cause.

Anyway, I agree. This is appears to be a no risk signing and people change, especially when running out of chances.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
This should make those who thought Clifford was a reach in the 5th happy. Cox was projected to be a 5th round pick (by this site) and we got him as an UDFA.

Interesting on how things even out. :whistling:

Reaction score
Yup, MLF spoke to it today or yesterday cannot remember, they felt this is the deepest most ready OL group they’ve had since he was here. Returning essentially everyone. Which is true, but still I just don’t know about that.
In reference to this. The draft unfolding gives us better insight to what we were thinking in the Front Office. We’ve spent a significant amount of draft resources over the last 3 years and just recently as I reviewed that OL room? we actually have a full room currently under contract.

We likely have plenty of Cap space or draft Equity in 2024 to go starter Caliber OLineman. Heck we might even see both FA + upper Draft equity spent next year (after missing out on Darnell and Paris)

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

If he ever makes the roster, opponents will bait him. He needs to go heavy on grow up pills

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should make those who thought Clifford was a reach in the 5th happy. Cox was projected to be a 5th round pick (by this site) and we got him as an UDFA.

Interesting on how things even out. :whistling:

I am still trying to find what he did that was so egregious in that clip. IMO this has absolutely zero chance of making someone who thought Clifford was a reach in the 5th happy. On the other hand it is my opinion that this is unlikely to make anyone who thought Clifford was a reach in the 5th round unhappy either.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he ever makes the roster, opponents will bait him. He needs to go heavy on grow up pills
I hope he has already been taking those pills, because he won't make the roster if he hasn't been. Being signed as an UDFA won't put a lot of money in his pocket, but maybe being around professional players and coaches that don't treat you like a primadonna will help him.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I am still trying to find what he did that was so egregious in that clip.
Was hard to tell if it was the shove after he was being horse collared by the Georgia player or maybe something right after that wasn't in the video. All I read was that he punched someone. Also, worthy to note, he was playing against the team that he was kicked off the first time. Guessing he was very pumped up, as were his ex-teammates to be facing each other.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Was hard to tell if it was the shove after he was being horse collared by the Georgia player or maybe something right after that wasn't in the video. All I read was that he punched someone. Also, worthy to note, he was playing against the team that he was kicked off the first time. Guessing he was very pumped up, as were his ex-teammates to be facing each other.
I watched it a couple times and struggled myself. It looked like after the TD he starts throwing and it cuts away in the first play of it, but they never really show the punch. They say he hit Broderick jones, not the push on McIntosh

Reaction score
I honestly believe they would have taken either of them at #13, if they were still available
I can see that. That’s where I agree not to reach unless it’s a vital Super Bowl push. Bide our time and let’s weed out a couple weaker (OL) ones and replace them with Upper echelon Fits by next season. I must admit I didn’t realize Wright was a Top 10, I saw him more as a Later Day1 but what do I know.
I watched it a couple times and struggled myself. It looked like after the TD he starts throwing and it cuts away in the first play of it, but they never really show the punch. They say he hit Broderick jones, not the push on McIntosh
While Broderick definitely Won that battle it looked personal on both sides. I didn’t see a punch tho. It takes a bit to get thrown off a team Im about 90% the issues went beyond that play or even that game, such as if he was fighting in practice or something (his own guys) or disrespecting a Coach or whatnot. Just a hunch.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I can see that. That’s where I agree not to reach unless it’s a vital Super Bowl push. Bide our time and let’s weed out a couple weaker (OL) ones and replace them with Upper echelon Fits by next season. I must admit I didn’t realize Wright was a Top 10, I saw him more as a Later Day1 but what do I know.

While Broderick definitely Won that battle it looked personal on both sides. I didn’t see a punch tho. It takes a bit to get thrown off a team Im about 90% the issues went beyond that play or even that game, such as if he was fighting in practice or something (his own guys) or disrespecting a Coach or whatnot. Just a hunch.
When I was looking up the reason online, I saw where another LB was kicked off the team a month later, so coach was definitely fed up with a few of them

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, when I was reading people talking about a punch, I didn't see it so I thought it happened in another game and his push that was visible in the clip just added onto other bad behavior. Probably like you say the clip cut off just before the punch. I didn't hear the announcers mention any thing nor did I see a flag is also why I am so confused. Not that it takes much to confuse me.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Okay, when I was reading people talking about a punch, I didn't see it so I thought it happened in another game and his push that was visible in the clip just added onto other bad behavior. Probably like you say the clip cut off just before the punch.
He was dismissed from the program on the Monday after that game. His coach said "I don’t know if we’d get specific relative to what caused the decision,” Napier said. “I think it’s more of a cumulative effect here.” One other article said something about a punch thrown.

Cox released a statement later that night. Kind of wish he would have at least had someone remorse, but at least he was facing it head on. “I find it hard to express my disappointment in being dismissed from the team. It is truly a shock,” his statement read. “I have always had a competitive spirit. I think sometimes that gets misconstrued.”

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Here are the Numbers for the UDFA Signees. Duece got double deuce, so Crosby might still be in the mix.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230501-164937_Packers.jpg
    Screenshot_20230501-164937_Packers.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 69

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
It's not like Cox even chose to leave Georgia, sheesh. Would be great if he (finally) learned a lesson on self control and stuck on the 53 as a ST'er...& eventually work into the OLB rotation.
I think ST's would be a great fit for him, need to be a little crazy to do that anyway.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I noticed that no where in the article did it say he was dismissed from the team at Georgia. Or did I miss something?
Not sure, I read a bunch. He got arrested for Marijuana possession while on Georgia and that along with clashing with coaches, got him dismissed there.

"He was dismissed from the Bulldogs’ program and entered the transfer portal after a spring 2019 marijuana arrest and clashes with Georgia’s coaching staff."

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. It just seemed like the article made it sound like Georgia fans disliked him so much because he chose to leave Georgia. I guess they assumed readers knew of his dismissal and the jist of the article was they disliked his choice of playing for a conference rival in Florida.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Thanks. It just seemed like the article made it sound like Georgia fans disliked him so much because he chose to leave Georgia. I guess they assumed readers knew of his dismissal and the jist of the article was they disliked his choice of playing for a conference rival in Florida.
Salty fans. Much like the Packers fans who hated Favre for choosing to go to the Vikings after the Packers traded him to the Jets and less than a year later, the Jets released him from his contract.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Salty fans. Much like the Packers fans who hated Favre for choosing to go to the Vikings after the Packers traded him to the Jets and less than a year later, the Jets released him from his contract.
That would be me thank you. I still resent him for that.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
That would be me thank you. I still resent him for that.
Georgia cut the guy loose, just like the Packers cut Favre loose. A true competitor wants to win and if its beating the team that said they didn't want you, even better in my book.

I would fully expect Aaron Rodgers to go all in, if the Jets play the Packers in 2024, which if there is a game, it would be at Lambeau to boot.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts