2023 UDFA Tracker

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McDonald has a serious chance to be the next Tyler Davis or Tonyan…lot there to like, PS one year and who knows.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I swear you wear WR glasses always
This year I was wearing TE glasses. :cool:

But yes, I have been vocal about the quality of WR depth shortage in GB, that I just might pay too much attention to it.

I'm hopeful that the last 2 drafts improves the entire receiving room, TE's included.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Should have been done over the last few seasons, but when the TEs are the QBs boys well... you get what you get.
I think Gute took 2 decent whacks at doing that, but Sternberger was a dud and Deguara hasn't done much.

I'm anxious to see new dynamic players at TE and hope that both Musgrave and Kraft are just that.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Folks really gotta stop saying Deguara hasn’t done much, put simply he hasn’t been asked to do a ton…and that stretch where he was he outproduced what Tonyan gave us aside from one year with atypical TDs only.

Not saying Deguara is amazing but he’s been everything he was brought in for when asked…I think now with our system going more to what MLF intended he is likely to be one of the biggest benefactors of that.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Folks really gotta stop saying Deguara hasn’t done much, put simply he hasn’t been asked to do a ton
How about "Deguara hasn't done much, with his limited opportunities." ;)

I hope he proves me and other critics wrong and you to be correct. That said, he's going to have a lot more competition from Musgrave and Kraft, than I think he had from Lewis and Tonyan, which I think is a good thing. Lewis and Tonyan, for better or worse were emeshed into the offense.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Another "Deuce" signed. EDGE Keshawn Banks. Haven't found a lot on him, but he looks like he got shot out of a cannon on this play.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How about "Deguara hasn't done much, with his limited opportunities." ;)

I hope he proves me and other critics wrong and you to be correct. That said, he's going to have a lot more competition from Musgrave and Kraft, than I think he had from Lewis and Tonyan, which I think is a good thing. Lewis and Tonyan, for better or worse were emeshed into the offense.

We don’t have a single TE that is his style or type yet…could change with UDFA signings.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It is interesting and I think telling, that with 13 draft picks and 10 UDFA's signed so far, only 1 plays on the OL.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is interesting and I think telling, that with 13 draft picks and 10 UDFA's signed so far, only 1 plays on the OL.

Yup, MLF spoke to it today or yesterday cannot remember, they felt this is the deepest most ready OL group they’ve had since he was here. Returning essentially everyone. Which is true, but still I just don’t know about that.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
McDonald has a serious chance to be the next Tyler Davis or Tonyan…lot there to like, PS one year and who knows.
Wow.....just took some time to look at him. How did this guy go undrafted? Really like what he can do after the catch and good hands (on this film) Looks more like a big WR at times. Also saw some nice blocking on his part.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow.....just took some time to look at him. How did this guy go undrafted? Really like what he can do after the catch and good hands (on this film) Looks more like a big WR at times. Also saw some nice blocking on his part.

Camren honestly of the undrafted guys I think has best outside chance of a spot….the issue is he would have to make us enter season with Deguara, Musgrave, Kraft and him….I think Tyler Davis’s saving grace right now is only guy not named Josiah with experience.

BUT I think the staff has fully committed to injecting youth across the board this year…hence the intense investment into the WR room with three more draftees on top of three last year and adding young Bo.

Saturate your skill positions with youth, let Love show if he is or isn’t the future this year…and if so some of these guys are gonna click with him.

Skill positions - Jones is the oldest rostered guy and he is under 30 even.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I really enjoy digging into the UDFA's, as I always pull for and like a good underdog story. Jason Lewan, DT impresses me too. Once a TE, is now a 6' 6" 305# DT. Adding over 100 lbs in college and really bulking up that body. Raw skills, but he's got a shot at a PS spot and a potential future.

Reaction score
Shane McDonough is a really good punter. I know this having watched him at NC State. Of course, we already have a good punter though.

Don't know much about the other UDFA's yet, I am going to have to do my research. I know with UDFA you are mostly just hoping to find competition for training camp, maybe a couple of depth guys, and if you get lucky, you can occasionally find a diamond in the rough.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Looking at the only Offensive Lineman added to the roster through the draft or UDFA signings, Kadeem Telfort is a monster!

I've seen him listed at 6'7" and 319#

Very much an unpolished mountain.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looking at the only Offensive Lineman added to the roster through the draft or UDFA signings, Kadeem Telfort is a monster!

I've seen him listed at 6'7" and 319#

Very much an unpolished mountain.

Yeah shared very briefly when we brought him in for a top 30 visit. In many ways he is the Dawand Jones of the UDFA class with fleeter feet but weaker.

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
Looks like another OL signed as an UDFA

OL Chuck Filiaga, Minnesota 6'6" 321

Filiaga signed with Michigan as a top 150 overall recruit nationally. He redshirted his first year in Ann Arbor and then came off the bench the next two seasons, playing in nine games in 2018 and 12 games in 2019. Filiaga started all six games at left guard for the Wolverines in 2020 and four of 12 appearances (three at right guard, one at left guard) before transferring to Minnesota for 2022. He held down the right guard spot for all 13 contests as a senior, garnering third-team All-Big Ten Conference notice. -- by Chad Reuter

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like another OL signed as an UDFA

OL Chuck Filiaga, Minnesota 6'6" 321

Filiaga signed with Michigan as a top 150 overall recruit nationally. He redshirted his first year in Ann Arbor and then came off the bench the next two seasons, playing in nine games in 2018 and 12 games in 2019. Filiaga started all six games at left guard for the Wolverines in 2020 and four of 12 appearances (three at right guard, one at left guard) before transferring to Minnesota for 2022. He held down the right guard spot for all 13 contests as a senior, garnering third-team All-Big Ten Conference notice. -- by Chad Reuter

Yup updated the tracker page too.

Solid depth type guy banking on GB trying to revamp the interior. I believe two of the following are "surprise cuts" this year: Rhyan, Newman, Myers and Hanson.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Loved this interview with Duece!

Confidence with humility! I can see why the Packers went and signed him!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appears that GB has signed UDFA OLB Brenton Cox Jr. from Florida. He was kicked-off of both Georgia's team as a freshman, and then Florida's as a senior. This incident in the endzone was (supposedly) the last straw for his stint in Florida. Decent player if they can figure out a way to control his impulses. Similar situation to Quay Walker, but if you're working on one player may as well apply that time/effort to 2?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appears that GB has signed UDFA OLB Brenton Cox Jr. from Florida. He was kicked-off of both Georgia's team as a freshman, and then Florida's as a senior. This incident in the endzone was (supposedly) the last straw for his stint in Florida. Decent player if they can figure out a way to control his impulses. Similar situation to Quay Walker, but if you're working on one player may as well apply that time/effort to 2?

I would argue he is a worse example of Quay but I 100% get the reason for the comp. Cox has tons of intangibles and can play for sure...his #1 hurdle is inside his own head. These guys make for some incredible stories either for a short film to inspire youngins or to show young high schoolers what not to do.

Members online

Latest posts