UDFA Tracker 2022

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah most of my guys are signed with other teams. Guys I couldn't find but like you say may not be updated are:
RB- Sincere McCormick
E- I. Thomas
LB- J. Gemmell
S- Tre Sterling- Bubba Bolden

the lack of corners is making me think Kevin King could be back with the Pack.
Lol, that would cause a ruckus in some corners of this forum. We'd be seeing posters in here we haven't heard from in a while!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
List below as I’ve seen or heard…

Ellis Brooks was a guy I expected to be drafted and is my circled guy that could be the one to find a spot.

Tre Sterling would be my second most likely…

Goodson is an excellent RB to have around it Hill doesn’t come back good and Taylor missteps.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really surprised that Clemson WR Justyn Ross went undrafted and hasn't even been signed. I read that he has some type of spinal condition that suggests he shouldn't be playing contact sports. Must be something teams want to steer clear of, because the guy is talented.
Subpar athlete, subpar production post injury, and had a really bad neck injury. I’m not sure what’s surprising?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more surprised that no te's were drafted or signed. Maybe Tonyan is further along than expected. I guess they do like Degeura, Davis, Lewis and Dafney enough to not add anyone.

D

Deleted member 6794

Is it just me or did we go really light on DB's in the Draft and now in our UDFA Signings? Gute must like the guys we already have?

Maybe the Packers aren't ready to move on from Alexander after the upcoming season after all :D

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I haven't found anything on McCormick, Isaiah Thomas was drafted in the 7th by the Browns, Gemmell signed with the 49ers, Bolden with the Seahawks..... and Tre Sterling is reportly being signed by the Packers... I checked his twitter and he is retweeting the posts saying he is.
Thank-you.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this latest UDFA signing might be one that sticks around.

If you are correct than the Pack most likely have enough depth to trade one of the OL for a 2023 pick.
Tier 1- Bakh-Jenkins-Meyers-Runyan-Newman-Nijman-Rhyan-Tom
Tier 2- Van Lanen- Hansen - Menet- Walker- Johnson
If any of the tier 2 guys impress enough to move up to tier 1 a trade of one of the current guys to a team that experiences an injury could be nice. Even losing one of these guys I would think there will be enough PS depth in case of injuries. Again I would not make the trade until in season and when Jenkins is back healthy and playing. IMO.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
If you are correct than the Pack most likely have enough depth to trade one of the OL for a 2023 pick.
If any of the tier 2 guys impress enough to move up to tier 1 a trade of one of the current guys to a team that experiences an injury could be nice. Even losing one of these guys I would think there will be enough PS depth in case of injuries. Again I would not make the trade until in season and when Jenkins is back healthy and playing. IMO.
Jenkins will no doubt start the season on the PUP list. Let's hope his recovery is better/faster than what Bahk went through, but he might not be back til Nov or even Dec. Sadly, you almost have to count on 1-2 lineman going down every season. So yes, while we appear to be pretty decent in regards to depth, guys like Johnson, Walker, Menet and even Van Lanen are probably still in need of development, so both rookies, Rhyan and Tom, are going to need to learn pretty fast and maybe be ready to play some snaps.

D

Deleted member 6794

I don't think another team would be ready to give up decent compensation for any of the offensive linemen I would be ready to move on from. Therefore I would prefer the Packers to keep as much depth as possible on the line.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of note is always what type of bonuses if any GB gives UDFA to make them come here perhaps over somewhere else.

It doesn't suprise me that four players received bonuses and those four were the only ones with any type of guaranteed money on their $705,000 contract:

Ellis Brooks LB Penn State - $2,666 bonus and $8K guaranteed
Akial Byers DL Missouri - $2,666 bonus and $8K guaranteed
Chauncey Manac OLB Louisianna - $2,666 bonus and $8K guaranteed
Tre Sterling S Oklahoma St. - $833 bonus and $2,500 guaranteed

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Paul Allen of the Vikings' KFAN radio lament how Rick Spielman in prior years would load up on 7th round picks in order to snag their targeted UDFA guys without having to compete with other teams. An interesting strategy that I had never considered, but it clearly didn't work for the Vikes. I think that Green Bay has done a pretty good job of finding UDFA gems without having to play that game.

D

Deleted member 6794

I heard Paul Allen of the Vikings' KFAN radio lament how Rick Spielman in prior years would load up on 7th round picks in order to snag their targeted UDFA guys without having to compete with other teams. An interesting strategy that I had never considered, but it clearly didn't work for the Vikes.

I don't consider it to be a smart approach as you need to give up something to acquire those seventh round picks as well.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers just signed this this rb as an undrafted free agent… BJ Baylor watch the video he's really super fast!!!. As he slices through the line
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Members online

Latest posts