2023 Prospect Tracker of Interviews/Visits With Packers

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think for W

Dean Lowry?? 6’6” 295lb 31” arms 9 3/8” hands and all Torso Dean Lowry?? Are there more than 1 Dean Lowrys in the NFL?! What the H!lol

You almost couldn’t get an example for better polar opposite frames.

I fully admit that was a big gaff body wise Lowry is not a frame comp at all - zero clue how I for a second thought that. I will though stand by he is all the additionals I listed to Lowry.

I would love to add him to our roster.

Reaction score
I fully admit that was a big gaff body wise Lowry is not a frame comp at all - zero clue how I for a second thought that. I will though stand by he is all the additionals I listed to Lowry.

I would love to add him to our roster.
Oh it’s ok. The only thing I could think of was their Bull Rush is similar. They both use that well.

You know who’s moves similar to Lowry but is a Super Turbo version is Bresee. His worst looks like Lowry on a good day and that’s not an insult to Lowry he’s had some really good play for us. They both have that long Torso but Bresee looks like a Super Lowry.

D

Deleted member 6794

Illinois CB Jartavius "Quan" Martin had a top 30 visit with the Packers as well.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be happy with Washington or Kincaid at TE. Please,Gute don't draft Musgrave from OSU in the top 3 rounds. He's already had one ACL and a lot of drops. Sure he's fast, but it doesn't do much good if you can't hand on to the ball and has already had a major season ending injury before he even gets to the NFL.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For those that are tracking that is 26 of 30 used up.

Curious Observations for the guys so far to illustrate again how massively different Gute uses Top 30 meetings vs how TT did:

Guys that many say will take a First Rounder:

Darnell Wright OT Tennessee
Michael Mayer TE Notre Dame
Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

Day 2 Guys no Later Types most likely (few of these may slip into back bit of First Round):
Darnell Washington TE Georgia
Tyrique Stevenson CB Miami
Hendon H00ker QB Tennessee
Will McDonald Edge Iowa State

Adetomiwa Adebawore EDGE/DT Northwestern
Keion White Edge Georgia Tech
Felix Anudike-Uzomah EDGE Kansas State

Guys most say are gone by close of Day 2:
Rashee Rice WR SMU
Jartavius "Quan" Martin DB Illinois
Jammie Robinson S Florida State

Guys that most would say are early Day 3 types:
Marte Mapu DB Sacramento State
Keaton Mitchell RB East Carolina
Lew Nichols III RB Central Michigan
Evan Hull RB Northwestern
Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati
Jaquelin Roy iDL LSU
Dontayvion Wicks WR Virginia Tech

Later Day 3 Types:
Ben Sims TE Baylor
Jordan Howden S Minnesota
Atonio Mafi OL UCLA

May make it to UDFA
Cole Tucker WR NIU
Ryan Miller WR Furman
Sean Clifford QB Penn State
Kadeem Telfort OT UAB (edited post to update)
he is 27th actually now

Last edited:

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that the odds are not in my favor because they have been going defense in the last several years. But I'd love to see them take an offensive guy. If they do then it will probably be OL.

I hope they don't wait too long to take a TE.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know that the odds are not in my favor because they have been going defense in the last several years. But I'd love to see them take an offensive guy. If they do then it will probably be OL.

The bad thing is at #15 if we stay - positional value of TE may have that not be a move Gute does....most likely a couple of OTs are gone....JSN who might just be the only WR worthy of that pick too could be gone...

First Round value at 15 leans to the Defensive side of the ball IMO without forcing the issue on a guy perhaps early...second and third round I see that flip some - there are a TON of WRs/TEs/OLs and a couple RBs that are great prospects outside the tope 15/20 or so.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Personally I hope P.Johnson, or B.Jones, or P.Skoronski, and or D. Wright are available at 15. If not IMO you do not take an OL until the 5th or even the 7th round. The current roster has plenty of NFL starts plus a few young guys who have the potential to step up. Probably need to go TE in 2nd round. Edge, DB, WR have enough depth to wait unless a guy they really love falls to them. I hope they have targeted a DL in FA because this draft is not deep and is not a high value position. If they get a 2nd rounder from the Jets my thought is one of 2 scenarios.
#1- 15. OL 43. TE 45. BPA of E,WR,DB 78. BPA of what is left after 45. 116. The position left.
#2- 15. BPA of E,DB,WR 43. BPA of TE (E,WR,DB) 45. BPA of (TE,E,WR,DB) 78. BPA of position left to take. 116. BPA of OL or DL.
I am not advocating sticking to these positions if the BPA on their board is a full tier or more ahead of them. If in the same tier positional needs should be taken into consideration. IMO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you on all but Skoronski - I don't draft guards that high in the first IMO.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our 27th visit is locked in on report it is OT Kadeem Telfort, UAB. MASSIVE frame but not athletic man. 36 inch arms however...his tape showcases more athleticism than I see his measurables indicate so UDFA priority type guy most likely for us.

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Curious Observations for the guys so far to illustrate again how massively different Gute uses Top 30 meetings vs how TT did:

Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

Day 2 Guys no Later Types most likely (few of these may slip into back bit of First Round):

Rashee Rice WR SMU

Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati
Jaquelin Roy iDL LSU

Later Day 3 Types:
Ben Sims TE Baylor
Atonio Mafi OL UCLA

May make it to UDFA
Cole Tucker WR NIU
Ryan Miller WR Furman
he is 27th actually now
Really great observations here Tyni! My only thought is the team potentially valuing the edge prospects they brought in a little higher than the draft community has them.

Reaction score

I agree. I actually like them in this order and these are my personal over/under values. Problem being the earlier ones are behind or in front of our current selections. So anything near or past these spots for me and I’m excited.
Kincaid ~20
Mayer ~25
Washington ~35
Kraft ~70
Schoonmaker ~95
Zack Kuntz ~110
Davis Allen ~160

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Dalton Kincaid TE Utah

Rashee Rice WR SMU

Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati
Jaquelin Roy iDL LSU

Later Day 3 Types:
Ben Sims TE Baylor
Atonio Mafi OL UCLA

May make it to UDFA
Cole Tucker WR NIU
Ryan Miller WR Furman
he is 27th actually now
Great job! Now I can do my draft contest entry. BTW I saw this in SI but your list is compiled nicer.

D

Deleted member 6794

Personally I hope P.Johnson, or B.Jones, or P.Skoronski, and or D. Wright are available at 15. If not IMO you do not take an OL until the 5th or even the 7th round. The current roster has plenty of NFL starts plus a few young guys who have the potential to step up.

In my opinion the Packers need to add talent to the offensive line before day 3 of the draft. While they will be able to feature an elite left side as long as Bakhtiari and Jenkins are healthy they could need an improvement at center and the right side of the line.

Probably need to go TE in 2nd round. Edge, DB, WR have enough depth to wait unless a guy they really love falls to them.

The Packers don't have quality depth at edge rusher, wide receiver and safety. They might even lack a quality starter at safety altogether.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could use an upgrade at any position from center on out on the right side, I wouldn't mind if they upgraded all of them. Too many snaps from guys that just aren't quality guys. yeah they can play in a pinch, good. now we need some that can more than hold their own out there.

Amos may have slowed some and is now gone, but he was a very steady presence back there. he's going to be missed and none of our current guys appear close to what he was and we don't have many of them either. no TE's.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my opinion the Packers need to add talent to the offensive line before day 3 of the draft. While they will be able to feature an elite left side as long as Bakhtiari and Jenkins are healthy they could need an improvement at center and the right side of the line.

The Packers don't have quality depth at edge rusher, wide receiver and safety. They might even lack a quality starter at safety altogether.
I was referring to depth in the draft at those positions.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We could use an upgrade at any position from center on out on the right side, I wouldn't mind if they upgraded all of them. Too many snaps from guys that just aren't quality guys. yeah they can play in a pinch, good. now we need some that can more than hold their own out there.

Amos may have slowed some and is now gone, but he was a very steady presence back there. he's going to be missed and none of our current guys appear close to what he was and we don't have many of them either. no TE's.
I pretty much agree, only problem is they don't have 15 top 100 draft picks.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm with you on all but Skoronski - I don't draft guards that high in the first IMO.
Your scenario. From left to roght. Bakh- Jenkins- Tom or Myers- Runyan- 1st round pick. Which I am fine with. Please correct me if I am incorrect.
My alternate scenario- Bakh-Jenkins- Tom or Myers-Skoronski- Tom or Nijman.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
List of prospects which have been interviewed/met with - once Top 30 visits start I'll mark beside guys who get one.

Top 30 In Person Visits:
Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
Ben Sims TE Baylor
Josh Whyle TE Cincinnati

Cole Tucker WR NIU
Ryan Miller WR Furman
Rashee Rice WR SMU

Atonio Mafi OL UCLA
Kadeem Telfort OT UAB

Jaquelin Roy iDL LSU

Mazi Smith iDL Michigan
Lukas Van Ness Edge Iowa
Jordan Battle S Alabama
Brian Branch S Alabama
JL Skinner S Boise State
Rejzohn Wright CB Oregon State
Christian Gonzalez CB Oregon
Kelee Ringo CB Georgia
Eli Ricks CB Alabama
Riley Moss CB Iowa
Jayden Reed WR Michigan State
Quentin Johnston WR TCU
Jaxon Smith-Njigba WR Ohio State
Nathaniel "Tank" Dell WR Houston
Jalin Hyatt WR Tennessee
Dalton Kincaid TE Utah
Luke Musgrave TE Oregon State
Michael Mayer TE ND
Luke Schoonmaker TE Michigan
Jaren Hall QB BYU
Cody Mauch OL North Dakota State
Paris Johnston OT Ohio State
Dawand Jones OT Ohio State

Desjuan Johnson - Edge Rusher Toledo
Justin Broiles - DB Oklahoma
Andrew Farmer - Edge Rusher Lane College
Holton Ahlers - QB ECU
Thanks for putting in all the leg work, although, I do know you enjoy it! :)

I always look hard and long at the visit list, since it does seem that each year they draft someone from it and/or sign some as UDFA's.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your scenario. From left to roght. Bakh- Jenkins- Tom or Myers- Runyan- 1st round pick. Which I am fine with. Please correct me if I am incorrect.
My alternate scenario- Bakh-Jenkins- Tom or Myers-Skoronski- Tom or Nijman.

If Bakh is good to go I envision if nothing changes our starting lineup along the OL to be a fit of the following:

LT- Bakh / LG-Jenkins / C-Myers / RG-either Tom or Runyan / RT-either Tom or Yosh

BUT I strongly think Gute and company want Tom at Center to be a threat if nothing else and a real one to get Myers pushing and actually progressing. Myers showed a lot as a rookie...but most would agree has not progressed....if for some reason we would add Skoronski, that would open a REAL pathway to Bakh/Jenkin/Tom/Skoronski/Yosh as the preferred lineup.....with Myers, Runyan, Newman as likely the first three up from reserve...

Members online

Latest posts