Week 13 - vs Eagles Revenge Game + RunTheTable

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to painfully pick the L against these guys last year prior to the game, but I'm picking the W this time. I may be just a bit too excited after last night, but our guys definitely proved they still had fire and could turn it up out there.

The one thing to know about Philly is despite having a bad record and losing to both Washington and the NYGs, they have played good teams like Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Baltimore close. And if they play Seattle close or beat them, we'd better take notice. They also haven't lost by any more than 10 points since they were blown out by the Rams way back in week 2.

All that to say, I'm not thinking we rip them to shreds the way we did to Chicago, but I'm thinking something like 31-24 us. Good enough, and with the bad Detroit and Carolina teams coming up after, just win and get to RunTheTable part two here this time for a #1 seed.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wents has 14 TDs and 14 INTs for this season. Their O-Line has been shuffled around some and if our D can exert pressure, he's sure th throw a couple of picks.

Fulgham is inconsistent and Jeffery hasn't reached prime. Ertz may be be questionable, so overall a patchwork offence at best.

Everything looks good on paper...but somehow these bird teams always give me the jitters.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Good enough, and with the bad Detroit and Carolina teams coming up after, just win and get to RunTheTable part two here this time for a #1 seed.

Don't forget about the Titans on the schedule. Also, the Panthers have been playing without McCaffrey almost all season. With the way the Packers struggle stopping the run these games are no gimmes. I don't see a running the table situation. They might, but I would guess no.

As for the Eagles this week, I don't think this will be a tough one. Wentz has been a turnover machine and if they go with Hurts then we face an inexperienced rookie surrounded by a bad football team. I just don't see them losing this one. The Eagles defense is actually not that bad, but doesn't rank as well as the Bears and they rank 30th in takeaways and dead last in INT's on the year with only 3 as a team. Stats aside, I think the Packers are just better.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
There are reports (https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...rookie-jalen-hurts-getting-first-team-reps-qb) that Jalen Hurts was getting first team reps last week for the Eagles/Seahawks game. It will be interesting to see who plays QB tonight. If he plays tonight and gets a feel for the game, he could be a matchup problem for us on Sunday.

They have to make a move. Wentz is a turnover machine and the season is actually not over for the Eagles being in the NFC Least. Maybe they strike it hot with Hurts and make the playoffs. They still don't concern me that much. This should be a Packer victory.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'll be an interested observer tonight for sure.

Interesting on #runthetable part 2. I think the Packers have a great chance to pull it off. And we started our run the table tour at Philly in 2016. If we are to repeat it, this one will have started against the Bears, but I'll take an emphatic win this Sunday, and go from there.

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles offense makes the Bears look like a juggernaut. Pack should make short work of this team. 31-10 and the starters get the 4th quarter off.

Zad Fnark

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eagles offense makes the Bears look like a juggernaut. Pack should make short work of this team. 31-10 and the starters get the 4th quarter off.

Yeah...

They could have given the Seahawks fits, had they gotten some drives going.

Eagles defense looks fairly credible. Two fourth down stops as well as others.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The Eagles are a team that we should beat, but may not. Their Dline could give us some trouble and physicality on defense all around could be a nightmare. If the packers cannot get the run game going, it could be a long night for Rodgers and the offense. If I am MLF, I am looking to play Jamal Williams more than Aaron Jones.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Eagles are a team that we should beat, but may not. Their Dline could give us some trouble and physicality on defense all around could be a nightmare. If the packers cannot get the run game going, it could be a long night for Rodgers and the offense. If I am MLF, I am looking to play Jamal Williams more than Aaron Jones.

I too feel this is a J Williams game more than Jones. Just the match up, their arguable ONLY strength as a team is controlling the trenches.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This should be an easy win.

Wentz, has been quite the abnormality. I’ve never seen a guy drop off like he has. Now, his weapons are awful, but still, he just isn’t playing good. They can’t move on bc he’s owed about $60 million the next couple years, so they’re stuck with him.

Anyways, if Wentz can’t play well against our defense, then he just isn’t going to play well at all. Our good friend Darius Slay is in Philly, otherwise I think their secondary is pretty meh. Good DL. Very bad LB’s, even though I love Alex Singleton and his flow.

Pack by 3 TD’s.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really hate when people start talking about easy wins this and easy wins that. This is the same team that came in our place last year and beat us...when we were suppose to have an “easy” game because they were down all their WRs ...then the defense proceeded to get run all over and Zack Ertz and Goddard had field days running open in the middle of the damn field.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, its from the same people that don't see any value in Tavon signing because the role he fills (Ervin) is not a stat maker, but is pivotal. Same people that see no value in MVS, unless he puts up big numbers...his role in the offensive scheme exists solely because he is on our roster - we don't have another.

There are no easy wins in the NFL...or at best rarely. With the 2020 Packers defense I'd argue there are NONE, EVER - DON'T EXIST.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
uh oh ...Sunshine is going to flip out.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, its from the same people that don't see any value in Tavon signing because the role he fills (Ervin) is not a stat maker, but is pivotal. Same people that see no value in MVS, unless he puts up big numbers...his role in the offensive scheme exists solely because he is on our roster - we don't have another.

There are no easy wins in the NFL...or at best rarely. With the 2020 Packers defense I'd argue there are NONE, EVER - DON'T EXIST.

Excuse me? Cmon man!

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Certainly none that can be counted on. Philadelphia is coming in here with 48 professional football players. I don’t ever expect easy unless Jay Cutler is on their bus.

Members online

Latest posts