Week 13 - vs Eagles Revenge Game + RunTheTable

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t ever expect easy unless Jay Cutler is on their bus.
Well then you're in luck. The 2020 version of Carson Wentz is every bit as bad as Jay Cutler. Don't believe me?

They flashed a stat on Monday night about Wentz's combined sacks and INTs this season. I looked up Cutler vs Wentz and pasted their stats below. Wentz's career stat in this category is worse than Jay's, an average of 45 INTs/Sacks per season versus Cutler's 40.2 INTs/Sacks per season.

With still the month of December to go, Wentz is at a combined 61 INTs/Sacks which ties Cutler's second-worse season in 2009 and is on pace to break Cutler's record from 2010!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

So by your logic, we've got an even worse QB on their bus! Of course, I'm not calling for an easy win.....just busting your chops! :D

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Well then you're in luck. The 2020 version of Carson Wentz is every bit as bad as Jay Cutler. Don't believe me?

They flashed a stat on Monday night about Wentz's combined sacks and INTs this season. I looked up Cutler vs Wentz and pasted their stats below. Wentz's career stat in this category is worse than Jay's, an average of 45 INTs/Sacks per season versus Cutler's 40.2 INTs/Sacks per season.

With still the month of December to go, Wentz is at a combined 61 INTs/Sacks which ties Cutler's second-worse season in 2009 and is on pace to break Cutler's record from 2010!

So by your logic, we've got an even worse QB on their bus! Of course, I'm not calling for an easy win.....just busting your chops! :D
Was mostly referring to Cutler’s fragile psyche and mental weakness which IMO made him incapable of ever being a winner.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what Wentz's problem is this year, but I hope it continues. He's been throwing up some pretty bad stuff the few times i've watched. doesn't even look like the same QB sometimes. Still has an arm, but very poor decision making.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only game was watching them on MNF, but the announcers were discussing how bad the O-line and offense is in general. I believe that their point was it doesn't matter if it's Carson Wentz, Jalen Hurts, or Mighty Mouse in at QB....they are doomed.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, the Eagles are a team that went all-in for a SB. And it worked! But now? Limited talent and little money. It ain’t always rosy.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think EQ is gonna have a good game. Outside of Davantae, he is our smoothest WR. Just seems to glide. He’s been especially good on crossers and mesh routes. Hope we see more of him.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll be an interested observer tonight for sure.

Interesting on #runthetable part 2. I think the Packers have a great chance to pull it off. And we started our run the table tour at Philly in 2016. If we are to repeat it, this one will have started against the Bears, but I'll take an emphatic win this Sunday, and go from there.

Well, if you want another similarly, just go back to 1997. That year we also lost that big huge head scratcher in a winnable game against that bad Colts team. That game stuck us at 8-3.

But the very next week we came out and smoked Dallas, maybe a little better defensively than we did vs the Bears, but same kind of dominant performance. We very nearly ran the table all the way only to drop of course to Denver in that Superbowl. But we won 7 in a row that year, and now we just need to hit 9 in a row this time.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think EQ is gonna have a good game. Outside of Davantae, he is our smoothest WR. Just seems to glide. He’s been especially good on crossers and mesh routes. Hope we see more of him.
I’m hoping your right... right now I think he’s trying too hard and making some reckless decisions.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m hoping your right... right now I think he’s trying too hard and making some reckless decisions.

Honestly, I think both of you are correct to a similar degree. EQ's IQ is probably higher than most of our WRs outside DAvantae if not. His route running is at minimum 3rd best on the team IMO...it has never been about anything more than staying on the field healthy for him.

If he can stay on the field, he is that #3/#4 guy type that any team would love to have - I am not saying he is there yet, hasn't done it enough or consistently yet.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is smooth. 3 weeks ago i was wondering if he was ever going to make it. slowly he seems to be gaining some confidence on the field. I'm hoping the trend continues. It would obviously be very good for us.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQ showed progression and ability to absorb offense when finally given a chance his rookie year at the end of the season. It has never been about ability just health with him.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
How often have we been running mesh routes?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reckless?

He cut outside on a jet sweep when he should have cut in, and missed out on some yards.

I wouldn’t call that reckless though. What are you seeing that makes you say that?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
idk. Seems like I see it a fair amount.
I was watching for it games 3-5 but wasn’t seeing it and apparently quit watching for it. Talked to a coach friend of mine who said that he thought Hal Mumme originated the mesh concept. I expressed my concerns that if you used it too much refs would start flagging you for illegal picks.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching for it games 3-5 but wasn’t seeing it and apparently quit watching for it. Talked to a coach friend of mine who said that he thought Hal Mumme originated the mesh concept. I expressed my concerns that if you used it too much refs would start flagging you for illegal picks.

One example off the top of my head would be the 4th and 2 play that went to Tonyan. Can’t remember the game it was in lol, but I can remember the play.

To respond to your concern, I thunk that’s very valid. Teams are a lot better at running it, but it’s kind of like holding, it could conceivably be called at any time. Seems like the refs are pretty willing to let it go.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Was mostly referring to Cutler’s fragile psyche and mental weakness which IMO made him incapable of ever being a winner.

Well, in perfect Cutler fashion he is neither a winner or a loser. He's just Smokin' Jay Culter ending his career in Chicago with a win-loss record of 51-51.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are showing highlights of the 2003 playoff game. It looked like Bhawoh Jue (assuming he was #21) could have made a play on the 4th and 26 but did a HaHa impersonation and didn't jump. Then of course Favre panicked and made the worst throw in history in OT.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are showing highlights of the 2003 playoff game. It looked like Bhawoh Jue (assuming he was #21) could have made a play on the 4th and 26 but did a HaHa impersonation and didn't jump. Then of course Favre panicked and made the worst throw in history in OT.

If there was one game in nfl history where the football gods were arrayed against one team with all force, it was this one.

It wasn't just "the play" either. It's just not so often that you see a team's star RB get stopped short of the goal line on 4th and short by tripping over the blocking OLineman, players dropping as many easy first down catches, and a HC passing up another easy 4th and short at the opponents 40 all in one game like that.

We struggled in the SS department for a while there after LeRoy Butler retired just a couple years before for sure. But personally I was done with Mike Sherman after this game with how bad his incompetence was put on display. He single handedly ruined the defense and set it back about 7 years in the aftermath of this.

Granted, he should not have been made the General Manager of the team on top of being a head coach. But he failed in both counts both in this game and after.

OP
OP
PackerfaninCarolina

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh by the way ....

In case this was not mentioned....

Our game--despite being an NFC matchup--will be on CBS instead of FOX

And ... Romo and Nantz on the call, something I know the Buck and Aikman haters are jumping up and down about

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Cbs?

Wth! My provider doesnt carry it because of contract issue?

Ill have to dbl ck

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh by the way ....

In case this was not mentioned....

Our game--despite being an NFC matchup--will be on CBS instead of FOX

And ... Romo and Nantz on the call, something I know the Buck and Aikman haters are jumping up and down about

Well im happy about it not because I hate Aikman/Buck (they're actually way better then most Packers fans give them credit) but rather that i think Romo is the best commentator in the business

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts