Vikes Inquire about Favre

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay that makes sense. Thanks.

I think the chance of that happening is pretty slim. I don't know if a team is willing to make that second trade due to the volatility of the situation.

I don't think the Moss to Baltimore thing is valid here either. Brett would be required to accept the trade. If Brett takes said trade and takes said second trade to rival - can you imagine?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about football, but I know some businesses have "no competition" clauses in their contracts. For a set amount of time (one or two years) a person can't work for a competing company after leaving the initial company. I don't know if that's legal in football or not, but those kinds of clauses do exist.

In the real world, covenant not to compete clauses are not always enforceable. I have not signed one but I have had clients who beat them in court.
The courts have deemed that a person has a right to earn a living.
The clause has to be limited. A certain length of time. A certain territory limit (Usually no more than 50 mile radius). And the person who signs the clause has to be compensated (more than just the job itself) for giving up his rights. $10,000 was the value most often used 10-15 years ago.
As for the NFL, I do not know what the compensation would be if GB would require the new team not trade Favre to certain teams but I don't see why they could not reach some kind of agreement on the issue.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wont happen. ever.

You never know. It was MN that gave 5 players and 8 draft choices (Including 3 1st and 3 2nds) to Dallas for Herschel Walker and 4 lower level draft picks. And they only had him for 2 1/2 years. With no 1000 yard years for them.
Perhaps they would give GB a 1st and a 2nd for Brett.

ESPN Poked fun at MN

Free agency took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
wont happen. ever.

You never know. It was MN that gave 5 players and 8 draft choices (Including 3 1st and 3 2nds) to Dallas for Herschel Walker and 4 lower level draft picks. And they only had him for 2 1/2 years. With no 1000 yard years for them.

ESPN Poked fun at MN

Free agency took away one of the greatest shortcuts to becoming a Super Bowl champion: fleecing the Vikings.

you have to take into account that they already mortgaged this years draft for Jared. do you think they'd be up for a second mortgage?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
arrowgargantuan said:
wont happen. ever.

ESPN Poked fun at MN

you have to take into account that they already mortgaged this years draft for Jared. do you think they'd be up for a second mortgage?

Naw I would perfer to wait for their next 1st.

Members online

No members online now.