Vikes Inquire about Favre

V

Vikeman

bad for football if he signs with the vikes...great player but no true viking fan wants him...just like no true packer fan should have wanted moss.

Reaction score
LOL..

By Monday?

Surely not to the Vikes though. I can't imagine the Pack cutting Brett, and they surely wouldn't be stupid enough to trade him.

If I was Ted and Brad Childress called me to inqure about Brett, I'd hang up on him, then call him right back only to hang up on him again so Childress would understand "my" opinion on the matter.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
LOL..

By Monday?

Surely not to the Vikes though. I can't imagine the Pack cutting Brett, and they surely wouldn't be stupid enough to trade him.

If I was Ted and Brad Childress called me to inqure about Brett, I'd hang up on him, then call him right back only to hang up on him again so Childress would understand "my" opinion on the matter.

Maybe he asked to be released because he likes their iccky colors?

But if Ted thinks the p/r fallout is bad, go and release Brett, will be worse..

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
longtimefan said:
LOL..

By Monday?

Maybe he asked to be released because he likes their iccky colors?

But if Ted thinks the p/r fallout is bad, go and release Brett, will be worse..

I think by todays news its obvious TT doesnt care what the fans think, he's going to do what he believes is best for the team.

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think by todays news its obvious TT doesnt care what the fans think, he's going to do what he believes is best for the team.

If that were the case, there would have been an announcement from the Packers that Brett was coming back to play another year, not a press release that he has formerly asked the Packers for an unconditional release.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

If that were the case, there would have been an announcement from the Packers that Brett was coming back to play another year, not a press release that he has formerly asked the Packers for an unconditional release.

But that wasnt the decision that was made yet...so why would they do that. Thats like me declaring im getting married. Sure i will some day but it hasnt happened yet..so why would i do that?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:

wouldn't that be what you believe is best for the team?

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wouldn't that be what you believe is best for the team?

Possibly, if Rogers played as consistantly all season as he did against Dallas and could last more than one game without being injured. Unfortunately I am not at all convinced about the latter, nor do I feel that Brohm is the solution if and when this happens. As it stands, Favre remains the best chance for the Packers to go all the way in 2008, and last time I checked, winning championships was the primary reason for the team to compete in the first place.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
bad for football if he signs with the vikes...great player but no true viking fan wants him...just like no true packer fan should have wanted moss.

That's a good take. I completely agree.

The Packers would never trade him to Minny, but the only way he'd end up there is if there was a ton of ire between Favre and GB. If he wanted to hurt the Packers, he'd put on the purple. But, if the Packers don't release him, there's no chance of him going there.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about football, but I know some businesses have "no competition" clauses in their contracts. For a set amount of time (one or two years) a person can't work for a competing company after leaving the initial company. I don't know if that's legal in football or not, but those kinds of clauses do exist.

OP
OP
P

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know about football, but I know some businesses have "no competition" clauses in their contracts. For a set amount of time (one or two years) a person can't work for a competing company after leaving the initial company. I don't know if that's legal in football or not, but those kinds of clauses do exist.

What he said.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't know. Anyone? I assume you can throw in whatever you want to a point.

i think its very possible. its nothing more than a contract. a contract can say anything you want it to say. It can say Brett has to drink 8 glasses of water a day, and if he signs it... thats what he has to do.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score

I think that would go against the CBA. An example. Let's say Green bay trades player A to Miami with a clause that says Miami can't trade him to the Jets. Miami cuts the player. Now the player can work for anyone because all of his contracts are now void. Not to mention if the Jets are the only team that will sign said player then the Packers would be limiting his ability to further his career. It's to small of a career field to put a non compete clauses in contracts.

Members online

Latest posts