Studs n duds Niners playoffs

Reaction score
We all hung over hats on a team that suck on special teams, and it all came to a head tonight.
How many years is this going to go on??????

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the ultimate team game probably on the face of the planet, looking at nothing but W/L record has never been the sole indicator of individual performance.

For playoffs I would look at that... and Super Bowl wins/rings...

That's why I recognize that Tom Brady is the GOAT and it isn't even close.

Although I have my classic Brett Favre Packers and Aaron Rodgers jerseys, they don't measure up to what he has accomplished as far as winning

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs: Defense played very well. Only gave up 3 (plus the last FG) points. Should have had at least one pick six, though... Special attention to Z, Gary and the D line in general.

Duds: LeFluer & Rodgers for their horrible play calling. Ran straight up the middle or passed deep from the pocket. Exactly what the 49er defense would have preferred. Other than their first drive, zero to no misdirection plays, quick slants, back shoulders, screens etc.

Duds*100: Front office for not dealing with the obvious ST problem that this team had all season long. Quite frankly, the Packer organization deserves this humiliating loss. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

At least for me, the TV gets turned off until next season starts. That's a positive!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you're missing the holistic point.

The D gave the Offense many, MANY chances tonight with our "(regular season)MVP" only being able to muster 10 points.

You gotta produce MUCH MORE than that.

...actually, I felt bad for our D tonight...
And again, YOU show me the missed plays. Show me the missed receivers. Show me where Rodgers failed. Our offense sucked against a good defense. That was evident. But then they still should have scored enough to win or at least tie if not for special teams

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

Although I have my classic Brett Favre Packers and Aaron Rodgers jerseys, they don't measure up to what he has accomplished as far as winning
Enjoy the world where Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino and Troy Aikman is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

gary - its hard to dispute

Duds:

Ar12 - you sucked and it shows its ugly head. I dont understand u and no one else does. flake and weird. The goal is to become focused in crunch time and he has repeatedly shown the crown jewel out the door. I cant understand the philosophy. Go to a team that wants to deal w your bs. Done.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And again, YOU show me the missed plays. Show me the missed receivers. Show me where Rodgers failed. Our offense sucked against a good defense. That was evident. But then they still should have scored enough to win or at least tie if not for special teams

The Deguara drop was big as you mentioned in another play.

But where was Lazard and Cobb? I can't imagine those 2 being covered ALL game to where only Aaron Jones and Davante Adams are open when the 49ers had their starting CB out. I don't believe that.

Also the sack after the 75 yarder to Aaron Jones.

He's a veteran, he should have experience to "feel the pressure" and get rid of the ball, avoid the sack/FF/negative play/etc with 26 (or whatever) seconds

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
The house that Ron Wolf built needs a remodel to be sure. The plumbing isn't up to code.

But still, the other guys get paid too. The 9'ers got the win and got it in smash mouth fashion. To paraphrase McCarthy, they're nobody's underdog.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Deguara drop was big as you mentioned in another play.

But where was Lazard and Cobb? I can't imagine those 2 being covered ALL game to where only Aaron Jones and Davante Adams are open when the 49ers had their starting CB out. I don't believe that.

Also the sack after the 75 yarder to Aaron Jones.

He's a veteran, he should have experience to "feel the pressure" and get rid of the ball, avoid the sack/FF/negative play/etc with 26 (or whatever) seconds
Tell me the play, down distance, time on clock. SHow me the plays he missed. Every time I saw him getting hit, sacked pressured in under 2 seconds, there was nowhere to go with it. So, since i missed it, YOU SHOW ME. quit telling me, SHOW ME.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Enjoy the world where Trent Dilfer is a better quarterback than Dan Marino and Troy Aikman is a better quarterback than Peyton Manning.
Or a world where Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning have more Super Bowls than us in the past 20 years...

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Rodgers the supposed MVP only puts up 10 points? He can't blame the defense this time.

Dud: Matt LaFool for not firing Drayton.

Stud: Garopollo for playing like an MVP late in the game.
It's not even just this game..he has sucked in the last 3 playoffs..time to move on?

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the defense is an idiot. They okayed their hearts out!! They gave up 3 points!!!

Special teams cost them the game and offense!!! Pitiful . Tired of this team failing over and over as the #1 seed. They are pathetic when they have home field. Rodgers will never win another SB in Green Bay. Ever
Not only that..Rodgers has SUCKED at home in the playoffs!

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tell me the play, down distance, time on clock. SHow me the plays he missed. Every time I saw him getting hit, sacked pressured in under 2 seconds, there was nowhere to go with it. So, since i missed it, YOU SHOW ME. quit telling me, SHOW ME.
Take your homer glasses off man.

The 49ers were the Number 3 Overall D in the NFL this season for a reason, so I get that we weren't going to score 30 points tonight.

But AR, should have made more plays in general. That's what "winners" (in the playoffs at least) do.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A few thoughts.

The offense should have played better, but ultimately, 10 points would have been enough to win the game without the special teams meltdown. The defense played as well as we could have hoped. If you had told me that the defense wouldn't give up a touchdown, and the Niners would only kick two field goals, I would have thought we had a 99% chance of winning. We outplayed them on both offense and defense. Stating the obvious here, but Drayton is going to get fired.

I wasn't a huge fan of the playcalling. The passing attack had completely stagnated by the 4th quarter and I felt LaFleur got away from the running game a bit too much. The most successful drive in the second half saw a heavy dose of runs. Not that the run game was ripping through the Niners' defense, but the passing attack had completely stalled.

Normally, I'm not big on trying to infer what's happening on the sideline, because we really don't know. But I felt in the second half that Rodgers was so frustrated with the offense's performance that he just looked defeated. He looked totally dejected. His body language was awful. I had no confidence whatsoever that he would lead a scoring drive after he came onto the field following the blocked punt. Hard to say what the future holds, but this is going to be a tough loss for Rodgers to stomach. I doubt it increases his desire to come back to Green Bay.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So I assume you think Bradshaw is second to Brady then.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Take your homer glasses off man.

The 49ers were the Number 3 Overall D in the NFL this season for a reason, so I get that we weren't going to score 30 points tonight.

But AR, should have made more plays in general. That's what "winners" (in the playoffs at least) do.
So to recap @Mondio ....he can't produce any specifics. Not shocking.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is possible to believe Aaron Rodgers is the most skilled QB ever AND also think he was hot garbage tonight. It is possible and honestly tonight a fair mindset to have.

Members online

Latest posts