Studs n duds Niners playoffs

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t care about 10 points either, sometimes in these games that’s enough and it should have been tonight.

Sometimes you have to win those games and if not for our special teams we would
Have

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense was awful, but you have to acknowledge the special teams tonight LTF. Have to. The only TD they scored was a result of the blocked punt. If you don't care, you should.

Again...offense was awful, but special teams was atrocious as well.

Both the offense and the ST were hot freaking garbage.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone blaming the defense is an idiot. They okayed their hearts out!! They gave up 3 points!!!

Special teams cost them the game and offense!!! Pitiful . Tired of this team failing over and over as the #1 seed. They are pathetic when they have home field. Rodgers will never win another SB in Green Bay. Ever

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, losing Dillon was the difference in the game. Jones just doesn't have the ability to run it down people's throats like AJ.
Lewis fked up our momentum but Rod and O couldn’t get it done.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What an epic choke. In all my years as a Packers fan this one has to be the chokiest of all chokes. Only the Seattle game with the flubbed onside kick comes close.

STUDS: The defense was great.
DUDS: AR#1. AR failed to deliver again. He is a regular season MVP and a perennial underacheiver/choker in the playoffs. MLF #2 Dud. The ST don't even deserve mention they were so bad.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again....you all know I'm a Rodgers guy. But I'm a Packers guy above all. He was not good enough. But the special teams that we saw on display tonight? Jesus Christ, man. I can't even describe how much this hurts.

Rodgers has repeatedly let us down in the playoffs for a long time now. It's time to punch his ticket. When the going gets tough he panics and zeroes in on his security blanket while ignoring everyone else. Happened twice in the last 7 minutes. Once when he tried to force it to Cobb when Deguara was wide open and again throwing 30 yards downfield to Adams in double coverage when ESB was in the same area but single covered with a step on his man. Rodgers is great with a big lead going in to the 4th quarter but he's consistently **** when it's close. He hasn't been great in that situation since he went to Jared.

EDIT: Good Lord it was even worse than I thought. I just saw the All-22 aerial video of that last play. ESB was even more open than I thought for a likely TD, but Lazard was completely uncovered on the deep in. A decent high school QB would have seen it. Either Rodgers chose to ignore Lazard, which is a huge mental problem or he simply didn't see him, which is beyond comprehension to me. Or maybe the life-long 49er fan in him just couldn't deliver the dagger. Regardless, it completely blows up the myth that nobody can get open other than Adams. That one play truly sums up the problem with Rodgers.

Last edited:

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t care about 10 points either, sometimes in these games that’s enough and it should have been tonight.

Sometimes you have to win those games and if not for our special teams we would
Have

I think you're missing the holistic point.

The D gave the Offense many, MANY chances tonight with our "(regular season)MVP" only being able to muster 10 points.

You gotta produce MUCH MORE than that.

...actually, I felt bad for our D tonight...

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers has repeatedly let us down in the playoffs for a long time now. It's time to punch his ticket. When the going gets tough he panics and zeroes in on his security blanket while ignoring everyone else. Happened twice in the last 7 minutes. Once when he tried to force it to Cobb when Deguara was wide open and again throwing 30 yards downfield to Adams in double coverage when ESB was in the same area but single covered with a step on his man. Rodgers is great with a big lead going in to the 4th quarter but he's consistently **** when it's close. He hasn't been great in that situation since he went to Jared.
No, AR has been pretty good in the REGULAR season.

he's a terrible playoff quarterback, I don't trust him

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is absolutely a ****ing joke that people aren't giving more credit to a bunch of players on the defense for the game they played tonight.
Amen. I chalk it up as their anger is causing them to not think straight. Give them a night or two

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs : Defense. Not sure how you could rate them any other way, Jones, Adams.
Duds : ST, MLF, Aaron, O-line

It was like a prophecy waiting to happen. ST is going to cost us.. ST is going to cost us.. and, they did.

Rodgers can't get over the hump. You can point to the D in other years, but overall.. he has been bad in the 4th Q in the playoffs. Is this probably the end? Possibly.. is losing going to suck? Yep.. but, having your heart ripped out in January every year isn't pleasant.

Amazing the creative ways this teams manages to lose in the playoffs.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers don't support your claim, but he wasn't good at all tonight.
'=
Are you talking about stats or W-L record??

In the playoffs, the W-L record is all that matters (or to me) to most fans....

"Winners" make plays to "win" games when it REALLY counts aka the Playoffs when it's "win or go home".

That's how I objectively view the playoffs.

Aaron has been FANTASTIC, probably Top 3 (if not the best) all time in the Regular Season IMO

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Gary

Duds - For being the biggest underachievers in pro sports over the past 30 years with 2 HOF QBs at the helm - The entire Packers organization

Matt Laplayoffflop
AR playoff flop
All Receivers not Adams on this teams
Special Teams - worst I’ve seen

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was worried about the run D and ST going into this. The D was awesome all night. Captain Choke (Rodgers) was his horrible post season self and ST proved their #32 rating again. The overturned call on the forced fumble in the first half took the wind out of the whole team. They were flat from that point on. If Drayton isn’t a car salesman tomorrow, heads should roll. And let Rodgers walk. He’s a perennial loser in the post season. MVP? Laughable

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
'=
Are you talking about stats or W-L record??

In the playoffs, the W-L record is all that matters (or to me) to most fans....

"Winners" make plays to "win" games when it REALLY counts aka the Playoffs when it's "win or go home".

That's how I objectively view the playoffs.

Aaron has been FANTASTIC, probably Top 3 (if not the best) all time in the Regular Season IMO
In the ultimate team game probably on the face of the planet, looking at nothing but W/L record has never been the sole indicator of individual performance.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Were you born after the Eagles 4th and 26 game? Or maybe after the meltdown in Seattle?

Just sayin'. Packers have built quite the history in the last 20 years of epic losses in the playoffs.

I've got my classic Brett Favre Packers and Aaron Rodgers jersey with me. I love them for what they have done.

But I'm being objective, realistic and an "adult" about this.. Those 2 guys simply did NOT deliver in the Playoffs.

That's just the reality.