Studs n duds Cards

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned above the Packers calling a bootleg, power smash or QB sneak in any of those situations doesn't guarantee them scoring on the play.

I don't know how often Rodgers lined up under center vs. the Cardinals but he's more efficient from the shotgun this season.

I get frustrated by the Packers offense wasting timeouts for no obvious reason as well but I prefer them to take one instead of losing big yardage on a play or even worse turn the ball over.
Well with Love at QB and in Arrowhead you will see lot of timeouts, false starts, illegal shifts, and 3rd and long.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well with Love at QB and in Arrowhead you will see lot of timeouts, false starts, illegal shifts, and 3rd and long.

I'm hopeful the Packers just use a simplified offense with more designed QB runs. If the Packers win this game it's going to be the defense that does it, not the offense.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm hopeful the Packers just use a simplified offense with more designed QB runs. If the Packers win this game it's going to be the defense that does it, not the offense.
Agreed. Problem is, if the offense can't move the ball and continually has 3 and outs, I don't care how good our defense has been playing as of late, they will wear down.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will play a key role, no doubt. Barry has to make Mahomes very uncomfortable.

I'd argue the key to winning is with the offense. Run the ball, control the clock, and keep Mahomes on the sideline. Sound familiar? We saw it against the Cards.

It will be a great win in what seems to be a season of destiny.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense will play a key role, no doubt. Barry has to make Mahomes very uncomfortable.

I'd argue the key to winning is with the offense. Run the ball, control the clock, and keep Mahomes on the sideline. Sound familiar? We saw it against the Cards.

It will be a great win in what seems to be a season of destiny.

Oh, I agree that running the ball will be the key to the offense. I just think the Packers defense is going to have to support the offense and create some extra chances via turnovers.

I don't think the Packers defense can give up 24+ points with no turnovers and expect the offense to pull out the win.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, I agree that running the ball will be the key to the offense. I just think the Packers defense is going to have to support the offense and create some extra chances via turnovers.

I don't think the Packers defense can give up 24+ points with no turnovers and expect the offense to pull out the win.
Agree. The D has to play their best game of the season to pull this one out. I'd be happy if they can keep KC to 24 or less. The O has to step up and get that extra FG for a 27-24 road win.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sad, but probably true. Ah but can he convert on a few of those 3rd and longs?
Unlikely. His first instinct will be to take off. Or he will have to take a sack. With brand new QBs this is when an INT happens. You just cannot compare what a veteran like Rodgers sees on the field compared to a young tyro. Light years difference.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
We have ATM one QB on the roster that can hopefully run the playbook. The second guy is a get here from the golf course midweek signing. And you want him running more?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have ATM one QB on the roster that can hopefully run the playbook. The second guy is a get here from the golf course midweek signing. And you want him running more?

Yup, cause otherwise there's going to be a bunch of turnovers. Packers can protect him while losing or trust that he can run and try to win. Love might eventually be a great passing QB but he's not there yet and the Packers are going to need to take some chances if they are looking to win. Packers aren't going to win the game by treating Jordan Love like he's Tom Brady.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The KC defense is bad and I believe it is a little bit worse vs. the pass than the run.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Scary on one hand. Entertaining on the other. Not sure which is more troubling. COVID or Injuries?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The KC defense is bad and I believe it is a little bit worse vs. the pass than the run.
Not that bad at home. And if their offense is firing on most cylinders they do not need much defense.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup, cause otherwise there's going to be a bunch of turnovers. Packers can protect him while losing or trust that he can run and try to win. Love might eventually be a great passing QB but he's not there yet and the Packers are going to need to take some chances if they are looking to win. Packers aren't going to win the game by treating Jordan Love like he's Tom Brady.
Exactly. He is virtually a rookie with no NFL experience except preseason. With that said I would rather have Jordan take these lumps now than the likes of Huntley or Tolzien.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. He is virtually a rookie with no NFL experience except preseason. With that said I would rather have Jordan take these lumps now than the likes of Huntley or Tolzien.
Yeah and while no one wants the back up to have to start, the conditions for it are about as good as it can get. 7-1 record, pretty much a lock on the North, and a reasonable shot at winning versus the next opponent, KC.

What hurts is the potential loss of the #1 seed. But we still get to play the Rams straight up and would need some luck with the Cowboys. It could be worse. Still just not easy to understand why Rodgers didn't get the vax. And at this point, I don't think it matters. The next game matters.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agree. The D has to play their best game of the season to pull this one out. I'd be happy if they can keep KC to 24 or less. The O has to step up and get that extra FG for a 27-24 road win.
The D will be on the field a whole lot. We would need like 5 turnovers to have a chance. Chances are the Chiefs put up 35-45 because our D will wear down. And Mahommes is not facing the pressure of having to keep up with Rodgers. He can simply matriculate if he needs to do so. Jordan may have potential. But this is his FIRST live performance. Do not count New Orleans. Arrowhead is a nightmare for opponents. Even Brett Favre had some ugly ones there.
OTE="Sunshinepacker, post: 929403, member: 9033"]
[/QUOTE]

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah and while no one wants the back up to have to start, the conditions for it are about as good as it can get. 7-1 record, pretty much a lock on the North, and a reasonable shot at winning versus the next opponent, KC.

What hurts is the potential loss of the #1 seed. But we still get to play the Rams straight up and would need some luck with the Cowboys. It could be worse. Still just not easy to understand why Rodgers didn't get the vax. And at this point, I don't think it matters. The next game matters.
I would not say lock on the division yet. If Rodgers misses 2 games that could bring us to 7-3. And Minnesota only a game behind with 2 against us. They will be licking their chops.The only easy one left may be Week 18 in Detroit. I hope.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would not say lock on the division yet. If Rodgers misses 2 games that could bring us to 7-3. And Minnesota only a game behind with 2 against us. They will be licking their chops.The only easy one left may be Week 18 in Detroit. I hope.
That's possible. I'm just not worried about the Vikes.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd rather have Love see his first action at home, against the Lions. The KC team and crowd know that another win brings their team back to contending and keeps them on a roll going into Las Vegas next week. Arrowhead is considered by most as the loudest sports stadium in the world, that isn't going to fair well for Love if the Chiefs start rolling.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They have a way of blowing it. I just do not want to give them hope. Maybe they will lose again with the Bears this week.
I've watched the Packers since a kid in the Lombardi days, when they played 12 games. I remember one year they were 11-1. Who did they lose to? Fran T and the Vikes, and they had a lousy team. So yes indeed milani, best not to take too much for granted (Like Rodgers' health, for example).

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I've watched the Packers since a kid in the Lombardi days, when they played 12 games. I remember one year they were 11-1. Who did they lose to? Fran T and the Vikes, and they had a lousy team. So yes indeed milani, best not to take too much for granted (Like Rodgers' health, for example).
Wow....12 games! That must have left your whole winter free!! :)

Just for S's & G's I looked at a 1958 Schedule. A bad year for the Packers! But I kind of wouldn't mind a 12 game schedule. Starts late Sept. and ends Mid Dec.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Never underestimate the ability of the Minnesota Vikings to meltdown when you
most need them to. And they do it with such style and panache.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts