Studs and duds Ram game

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Dud, NFL Redzone for being stingy on coverage of the Packers during their "whip around" coverage.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
Stud:
JJ - minus Rodgers he's the offensive MVP through 5 games
Montgomery
Clay - i think he's playing like its 2010 and its great
Daniels
Rollins
Shields

Duds:
Injury bug
A. Rodgers - He didn't play awful but by HIS STANDARDs he was a dud
O-line - Run game was really bad against a great d-line
R. Rodgers - had some good plays, but really had made some huge mistakes on a drive that cost the packers 3 points

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Not sure if they were studs but I liked the way Guion, Peppers & D. Jones made plays. Crosby was clearly the superior kicker today too.

Duds: Bakh. Not Newhouse bad but clearly the weak point on the line. Lacy had nothing going for him all game against an admittedly tough defense.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: Packers "D" inspite of giving up a few (very few) big plays D was solid and improving every week
J Jones (let's try not to release him any time soon)
Clay (beast) Matthews
Duds:Bad penaltys
Running game
Mike McCarthy, for his bad challenge of a 1st down, over a questionable int
For the Rams fan with the End Zone sign (leap Here)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clay continues to be a monster. He may be the best defensive player in the league right now. He continually beat double teams today to get pressure.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dud: Two bad officiating calls and NFL rules.

Rodgers second pick - There's no way that an INT. It clearly moved in his hands after hitting the ground.
J Jones TD - How does the official standing one foot away call him down? He took his time making the call too. If you're not sure, make the call that will be reviewed automatically.

The rule that's bad is plays are only reviewed automatically if it was originally called a TD or turnover. Any play involving a possible TD or turnover should be up for automatic review.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:
Jones
Montgomery
Matthews
Guion
Rollins

Duds:
A. Rodgers
Lacy
O-line run blocking.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Another Dud IMO: Jeff Janis on his screw up on the punt team. Masthay actually punted the ball nearly perfectly - it looked to me like the ball may have come to rest inside the 5 yard line by itself. Janis' first contact with the ball was to push it toward the EZ - that's exactly the wrong instinct. In that situation tap the ball lightly towards the field before rolling into the EZ. Not a huge deal but I would have liked to see the D against the Rams' O at their 2-yard line (or so).

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will have my full breakdown later but....

Dud: Goodson. Why are you on this team? He is either hurt or terrible. I want Gunter and I want him now.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs-Rollins, he had a great play, gave a huge play to give them a little life at the end, and then slammed it shut with the pick at the end. Great game by the young guy.
Clay for obvious reasons. Pretty much the entire Dline and LB group, they all made plays at some point today.

Duds, Rodgers, Rodgers and Janis.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RR actually had a decent game despite his stupid ST penalty and drop.
He dropped a big pass with scoring potential and then followed it up with the special team jaffe. I didn't see anything special to erase those 2 huge blemishes in my mind. I like him, I expect him to bounce back, but today he had some potentially game changing goofs.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He dropped a big pass with scoring potential and then followed it up with the special team jaffe. I didn't see anything special to erase those 2 huge blemishes in my mind. I like him, I expect him to bounce back, but today he had some potentially game changing goofs.
He did work catching the ball. I believe he led the team in catches. I know his 2 screw ups were terrible but he was one of the few productive offensive players. Him, Monty and JJ were the entire offense and JJ only had 2 catches.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Packer D.
Period. Kudos to that entire bunch. Capers included. They shut down an inspired young offensive unit coming off an upset win. And, they did it on a day that Arod and the offense just wasn't clicking.. The D won this game for us.

JJ. that was an amazing run into the end zone. Welcome home, James. It's like you never left. I truly hope you retire a Packer. Let's not make that mistake again.

Clay. He's become the leader that we all thought he was.

Our O-line, including the backups. That fearsome foursome of the Rams D rarely got close to Rodgers. Even after Lang left the game. I didn't expect that. Great job.

Gurley. Glad we don't play this guy twice a season. He's the real deal.

Rollins. A framed photo of today's pick 6 will forever be above his mantle. Congrats, Mr. Rollins! Who said a rook can't shine?!

Crosby. Kickoffs out of the end zone and two big long FGs (one negated due to a penalty). Awesome.

Duds
Arod
. He is human, apparently. Who'da thunk!

Nick Foles. this dud is probably more on his offensive line. But, he didn't make good decisions for the Rams. Bad for the Rams, good for the Pack.

Janis. It's only one play, but that goal line punt thing... Come on, dude.

The Rams FG kicker. I was told he is elite. Well, not today.

Last edited:

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Rollins: Wow, did he come up huge today. Nice Pick 6 and always love seeing a player get their first Lambeau Leap.

Datone Jones: Nice FG block to keep the game a 2 score game.

Matthews: He's bringing it every week. Great game.

Ok, the entire defense: These guys are playing incredibly well right now. Gurley got some yards, but defense played great in the redzone. Had pressure on Foles all game and 4 interceptions.

James Jones: 65 yard touchdown reception and what a great job not letting the knee touch at the 1 yard line!

Montgomery: I see a big future for this rookie. Another great game.

Duds:

The offense sputtered some, but I don't think they were duds. Some saw Rodgers as having a tough game, and while some possessions were definitely not Rodgers at his best, it's nice to know that when your QB throws for 241 yards, 2 TDs and rushes for 39 yards, that he had an "off" game.

Shanghai Pack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RR actually had a decent game despite his stupid ST penalty and drop.

Well those are pretty big mistakes, but I also thought he had some other poor plays you didn't mention. When we were stuffed on 4 and 1 at the 41, on the 3rd down play, it was 3rd and about 2 and he caught the pass from while coming towards the center of the field on a stick route against a DB who was significantly smaller than him. He went down instantly instead of fighting to move the chains. Another error was on a catch that was intended to go to Lacy on a flat screen but Rodgers had been so nonchalant about blocking, he was actually standing right by Lacy when the pass came that he grabbed it. I'm also relatively sure he had an illegal hands to face during the first quarter. All in all, the guy just seemed very sluggish and unfocused all game long.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple list

Studs:Entire D played great. Outside of the one long run Gurley was largely kept in check. And it'd be hard to expect the pass defense to play any better then they did plus adding 4 INTs.

STs also came up big

Duds: The entire offense minus the Oline.
Cobb was largely a non factor and while Jones had the one big play having only one other catch won't cut it. Montgomery makes the list also for attempting to score on his last catch when he should've just went down. The fact that he went out of bounds before that is also a minus. 2 mental errors right there for him. And Rodgers had a bad game guys. Not just bad for his standards. But he wasn't crisp and 3 TOs will earn anyone a negative grade.

2 weeks in a row now the D has won the game for us. The offense should correct itself but it's good to know we can win with our offense lighting up the other team

828Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Quint, HaHa, Clay
Duds: Richard, Aaron, Eddie

It's kind of hard to count Lacy as a dud, trying to run behind our OL against probably the best DL in the league. From what I saw, there was nothing Lacy could have done any different to gain us yards. The OL was just that bad.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, they didn't run block all that well, but they had a tough task for sure. I still expect more from them in that regard. They did improve the pass protection over a week ago. It still wasn't great, but I think Rodgers had enough time, just no open routes and things took too long against a Dline like that at times.

D

Deleted member 6794

Mike McCarthy, for his bad challenge of a 1st down, over a questionable int

McCarthy can't challenge the interception as turnover are automatically reviewed. It's beyond my understanding why that one wasn't overturned.

Dud: Goodson. Why are you on this team? He is either hurt or terrible. I want Gunter and I want him now.

The only reason Goodson is on the team is because apoarently he's a great special teamer. Falling down in coverage on a fake punt doesn't justify him being active though.

Members online

Latest posts