Steelers turn next week

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a Packer Backer...but uh Pittsburgh is gonna steamroll!!! 48-17. Lev Bell 200+ yards from scrimmage. AB 200 yd receiving. Martavis Bryant 100 yd receiving. Steelers will force a pick six. Realistically, it might be a Keystone State Super Bowl this year.

I never thought about that. If it is, too bad the game will be played in Minnesota.

I am a Packer Backer too and think the Saints/Rams game should have been flexed to SNF because this one is going to look ugly.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never thought about that. If it is, too bad the game will be played in Minnesota.

I am a Packer Backer too and think the Saints/Rams game should have been flexed to SNF because this one is going to look ugly.

Yea. I also wish all the games could've been flexed on Thanksgiving. I actually had to engage with the family.

H

HardRightEdge

Also lost one lineman to retirement. But Elliott did not gain all those yards because of the OL last year. He got them by hurdling over defenders who did not want to tackle him.
Elliott's average dropped from 5.1 last season to a rather pedestrian 4.1 this season.

Prescott:

2016 - 4 INTs, 105 passer rating, 25 sacks
2017 - 9 INTs, 88 passer rating, 24 sacks

If you don't think the line play has something to do with those stats you would be mistaken.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Wow...this thread!! I'm so depressed now that I'm going to climb to the top of a silo, slit my wrists and jump said silo, into a vat of water, with a plugged in hair dryer running in hand.

Extension cords....where did I put my extension cords...

H

HardRightEdge

Wow...this thread!! I'm so depressed now that I'm going to climb to the top of a silo, slit my wrists and jump said silo, into a vat of water, with a plugged in hair dryer running in hand.

Extension cords....where did I put my extension cords...
On any given Sunday...you could be electrocuted.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
That elite O-Line is not what it was. One gone to free agency, Smith injured. That line was the key to last season's success.
The line obviously has an awful lot to do with an elite back compiling over 1,000 yards on 1st down but the line has been good enough this year. The biggest difference is Zeke being gone, as it relates to Dak's performance. In the first 8 games where he had Zeke, he had a 102.8 passer rating with 16 TDs to 4 INTs. That's still really good. But without Zeke, 0 TDs to 5 INTs with 57.7 passer rating.

Zeke is the difference. The line plays a part, but what we have seen the last 3 games without #21 is too significant to ignore when you compare it to pretty good play in the early stages of the season.

Meiiko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just looking for the Packers to be competitive against Steelers and not have another shut out game. If we can minimize their run game and sack Big Ben once or twice I’m going to have a good day win or lose.
I’m looking for continued defensive and offensive growth in our rookies. The season is shot in my mind so develop the rookies, keep AR out for the season and get a jump on scouting/2018 draft. #gopackgo

BlueRidgePackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not wishing it on them, but the reality of the league right now is that a sudden injury out of the blue can cripple a team. Perhaps Pittsburgh is fortunate enough to avoid a key injury right now (again not wishing it). Perhaps the Pack steps up and plays their best game so far with Hundley (anything can happen on a Sunday). But if the Steelers have one of their key three have an injury, particularly the QB, then everything changes.

Go Packers!

H

HardRightEdge

Here's a positive note.

Every Friday the Buffalo News runs a poll of 8 local sportswriters picking every game against Wednesday's spread. Two have horrible records. Five of the others average out below 0.500 with 75-70-6 being best. Your dartboard would do a lot better than the average of those seven guys.

However, one guy, Bucky Gleason, has a very impressive record: 83-62-6. He's the only one of the eight to pick the Packers covering the 14 point Wednesday spread.

So there's that.

Anyway, the key differentiators between Rodgers and Hundley are (1) turnovers, (2) red zone scoring and (3) 4th. down conversions. That's a lot, and pretty much covers the difference between good and bad QBs across the league.

This team as currently constituted must win the turnover battle. That is in Hundley's control. Don't force the ball. Red zone passing is a knack and a function of experience. At least don't force the ball into coverage in the end zone, for gosh sakes. Take the 3 points. 4th. down conversions are within McCarthy's control. 4th. and 5 at midfield with the game still close? With Hundley, punt the damn ball and put them in a hole otherwise it's a display of early desperation.

Do the things that keep the game close and maybe something good happens...a pick 6, a punt return, something to bend the momentum your way.

Last edited by a moderator:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m just hoping we get embarrassed so bad that they are FORCED to make changes in Green Bay. It may sound bad, but I’m sick and tired of the same cycle in Green Bay. These guys just don’t like to make changes...anywhere. WTH is it going to take to replace Capers? How about finding a true OC? Putting Hundley back on the bench? Getting a new GM? Then you wonder why these guys lose the same way every year.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ugh, my mom told me the family is going to a play tonight that I had agreed to attend only because she did not tell me before buying the tickets which day of the week we are going. I could have gone there last night. :(

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m just hoping we get embarrassed so bad that they are FORCED to make changes in Green Bay. It may sound bad, but I’m sick and tired of the same cycle in Green Bay. These guys just don’t like to make changes...anywhere. WTH is it going to take to replace Capers? How about finding a true OC? Putting Hundley back on the bench? Getting a new GM? Then you wonder why these guys lose the same way every year.

I feel like a broken record saying this is flawed logic. NO CHANGE IS FORCED BY LOSING OUT.

GB2016

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Doesn't feel like it matters what I call this as it will turn into a bash Hundley thread in 3..2..1.. Followed immediately with calling for the staff's head.

I would just like to see them take away the gum from him during the game. Maybe things won't move so fast for him. It seems like he has a hard time chewing gum and playing football at the same time. I've never, ever, ever, seen a QB chew gum during a game at any level.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who said to lose out? Not once did I say just tank the season.

Sorry if there was any misinterpretation. The way I see it, if you want Green Bay to struggle big time tonight, you are asking for a loss, because an ugly win will not accomplish anything. Coaches are not fired for winning games where the loser played better all 60 minutes. So what do you want? What does any true Packers fan want? Hoping we get blown out in Pittsburgh is a tanking attitude.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do posters insist this is an issue when the HC does all the offensive play calling? Doesn't matter who the OC is in GB.I'd rather AR do the play calling while he's sidelined. (See Matt Flynn vs Detroit a few seasons back)

You do realize play calling is not the OC's main responsibility, right? That is just the task they are best known for because it is what people see them do on the sidelines. If the problem is the playbook/, that's on the OC, not the HC.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do posters insist this is an issue when the HC does all the offensive play calling? Doesn't matter who the OC is in GB. Shit I'd rather AR do the play calling while he's sidelined. <see Matt Flynn vs Detroit a few seasons back>

So he can focus on other things besides his IHOP menu. The defense is trash and the special teams is not that great...again.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You do realize play calling is not the OC's main responsibility, right? That is just the task they are best known for because it is what people see them do on the sidelines. If the problem is the playbook/, that's on the OC, not the HC.
MM is the Packers de facto OC. He does that job also. Thus it doesn't really matter who in GB is the official OC.

Reaction score
Daniels drives Rothlesberger into the turf breaking his collarbone, Antonio Brown tears an ACL. Callahan comes in and leads the offense to 3 td's. Packers win 21 to 20!!
There’s no way Daniels breaks his collarbone, Mike drinks way too much milk :whistling:
My guess is the ACL U would never let an active member be torn from the Union ;)

Last edited:

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Got Leveon Bell in my fantasy lineup this week and picked up the Steelers defense for a one week rental as well.

Last edited:

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For the first time ever I have no interest in watching tonight's game. I know the Pack will loose, but hopefully not a goose egg.

I am going to try to be as detached as I can this evening so as not to be too disappointed.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do posters insist this is an issue when the HC does all the offensive play calling? Doesn't matter who the OC is in GB. Shit I'd rather AR do the play calling while he's sidelined.
I could see Rodgers being an NFL head coach or offensive coordinator one day. He may not want to be, but he's got the mind for it. Unlike Favre, never thought he quite had that in him.

Latest posts