Steelers turn next week

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not as bad as most think imo. 30-17 Steelers winning it with Hundley continuing to struggle 235yds TD 2INTs and no doubt taking more sacks I say at least 4. This game and the remaining this season are pretty much auditions for next year for our Corners. Randall imo is more inconsistent and may not make our roster next season. Same for Rollins!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Att/Cmp yds Avg TD Int Sacks Rtg
20/27 179 6.6 0 2 2-11 60.6
Dak Prescotts stats vs Chargers. Is he struggling?
Um, yes. His team scored 6 points and is in major trouble.

Dak isn't that good without an elite rusher giving him over 1,000 yards on first down.

906Fan

Former Dancer
Reaction score
The steelers lost to the bears this year, and the packers beat the bears with a backup qb so that means the packers are going to win this Sunday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The steelers lost to the bears this year, and the packers beat the bears with a backup qb so that means the packers are going to win this Sunday.

If the math was just that simple....LOL

The Steelers crushed both the Vikings and the Ravens as well as beat the Lions......so where does that put your formula? :coffee:

I really hope we don't have to go forward using a win over the Bears as a measuring stick of how "good" the Packers are.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
If the math was just that simple....LOL

The Steelers crushed both the Vikings and the Ravens as well as beat the Lions......so where does that put your formula? :coffee:

I really hope we don't have to go forward using a win over the Bears as a measuring stick of how "good" the Packers are.
Like I alluded to in the where will we draft thread, what's really scary is that one more win against Tampa or Cleveland puts the team on track to justify putting Rodgers back on the field in week 15. Just one more win opens up the possibility of 9-7 and a wild card.

I'll obviously root like hell for the Packers to win if we reach the postseason, but it would also be sickening to know that Capers/Thompson will yet again be bailed out for the miserable disaster that this team is without #12.

How the next 5-7 years of Packers football will be managed/played out will depend on the ability or inability of the Packers to win one single game before Rodgers is eligible to return. If the team is 5-8, Rodgers won't see the field until next year, the team will finish with 7 wins at the absolute most, and wholesale changes could be on the horizon. The flip side, one win and the team being 6-7 opens up the door for Rodgers to get us to 9-7 and potentially make a run.

I hope everyone understands just how much is hanging in the balance over the next 3 games.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Like I alluded to in the where will we draft thread, what's really scary is that one more win against Tampa or Cleveland puts the team on track to justify putting Rodgers back on the field in week 15. Just one more win opens up the possibility of 9-7 and a wild card.

I'll obviously root like hell for the Packers to win if we reach the postseason, but it would also be sickening to know that Capers/Thompson will yet again be bailed out for the miserable disaster that this team is without #12.

How the next 5-7 years of Packers football will be managed/played out will depend on the ability or inability of the Packers to win one single game before Rodgers is eligible to return. If the team is 5-8, Rodgers won't see the field until next year, the team will finish with 7 wins at the absolute most, and wholesale changes could be on the horizon. The flip side, one win and the team being 6-7 opens up the door for Rodgers to get us to 9-7 and potentially make a run.

I hope everyone understands just how much is hanging in the balance over the next 3 games.
Even if I accepted all of your postulations as absolute truth... why does it matter if we all understand it? True or not we certainly aren't going to change it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Even if I accepted all of your postulations as absolute truth... why does it matter if we all understand it? True or not we certainly aren't going to change it.
We aren't going to change anything that goes on with the Packers. So why are we all on here posting?

Might as well shut the forums down. ;)

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think 9-7 will get a WC place in this years NFC, I think the Packers have to win 2 of the next 3 to even consider putting Rodgers in. Personally I'm hoping for that, but not expecting it.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I don't think 9-7 will get a WC place in this years NFC, I think the Packers have to win 2 of the next 3 to even consider putting Rodgers in. Personally I'm hoping for that, but not expecting it.
9-7 at least gives you a chance. If the Packers are sitting at 6 wins, if they analyze what they think will happen with all of the wild card contending teams and see a viable path to getting to the playoffs, they'll put Rodgers in if he's healthy. 2 of the next 3 would certainly guarantee that they would bring him back.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A possibility of a wild card and Super Bowl run? How awful.

I hate it when the Packers have a chance at winning the Super Bowl too.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A possibility of a wild card and Super Bowl run? How awful.

I hate it when the Packers have a chance at winning the Super Bowl too.

How many teams in the NFL have officially been eliminated from the playoffs and an eventual run from the Super Bowl? For those who think the current Packer team is headed that way, I've got some bad news for you.

I can hear the season ending talk in the Packers front office now...."Great year guys, lots of good effort out there, everyone go relax and we will get them next year when #12 is back."

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many teams in the NFL have officially been eliminated from the playoffs and an eventual run from the Super Bowl? For those who think the current Packer team is headed that way, I've got some bad news for you.

I can hear the season ending talk in the Packers front office now...."Great year guys, lots of good effort out there, everyone go relax and we will get them next year when #12 is back."

I see no reason for the organization to not attempt to get better just because of a playoff birth and no reason to think the Packers don't do what they think is best for the team each and every offseason.

Does that mean they are always, right? Of course not. Keeping Capers, for example, may not have been the best choice.

For a whole organization to just sit back and think "o well, see you next year" seems ridiculous to me.

I trust the organization does what they think is best and therefore, would rather them sneak into the playoffs to give us a shot at the Super Bowl.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For a whole organization to just sit back and think "o well, see you next year" seems ridiculous to me.

But hasn't that been the approach for the last how many years? Besides Slocum taking the fall for the NFCCG loss to Seattle, it's been "business as usual" every off season. Meanwhile, this team has gotten thinner and weaker in my opinion. When Rodgers went down in previous years, we did not look this bad every game. I'm not a Hundley fan, but he isn't the only thing wrong with this team.

The loss of Rodgers this season has really unveiled just how crappy of a job TT has done with the other 52. I'm not really concerned that this team will somehow turn on a switch and make the playoffs, but if for some reason they do, I think it's just setting the Packer organization up for another offseason of "business as usual".

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But hasn't that been the approach for the last how many years? Besides Slocum taking the fall for the NFCCG loss to Seattle, it's been "business as usual" every off season. Meanwhile, this team has gotten thinner and weaker in my opinion. When Rodgers went down in previous years, we did not look this bad every game. I'm not a Hundley fan, but he isn't the only thing wrong with this team.

The loss of Rodgers this season has really unveiled just how crappy of a job TT has done with the other 52. I'm not really concerned that this team will somehow turn on a switch and make the playoffs, but if for some reason they do, I think it's just setting the Packer organization up for another offseason of "business as usual".

I agree Hundley isn't the only issue right now, but just as Rodgers can make the whole team look better, a bad QB can make the whole team look worse. The Packers would look a lot better right now with an average QB than Hundley. I certainly wouldn't call all the other 52 crappy. (I do agree MM and TT have misjudged Hundley).

I don't equate not firing people with not doing what they think is best. There is no reason to believe the Packers don't do what they feel is best for their organization.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I also think at least 10-6 will be needed to make the playoffs, and even at that, we'll probably see a 10 win team miss out on a tiebreaker.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't equate not firing people with not doing what they think is best. There is no reason to believe the Packers don't do what they feel is best for their organization.

While I agree with the notion that the Packers organization tries to do what they feel is best for the Packer team every year, sometimes it is difficult to see the problem, when you are right in the middle of it and may very well be part of the problem (TT).

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am feeling a weird unexpected confidence going against the Steelers this week. I'm not sure why, but I think we are going to shine with low expectations, and our backs up against the wall...

Every week I seen progress. Before last weeks collapse, GB didn't turn the ball over for two weeks. Hundley threw a couple ugly ints early. And had a couple turnovers late when we were down and had to go for it, and they knew it... by the end of the day it was gross all around. But truth is GB was in it until the end when Hundley s turnovers led to two Baltimore TDs....

All that aside. The beat down didn't reflect how good Greenbay is accurately. Imo.

If we can put a complete game together, I believe we can give a hot Steelers team a run for their money.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this one gets out of hand and ugly early.
Hopin' I'm wrong, but...
Steelers,38-3.

H

HardRightEdge

Um, yes. His team scored 6 points and is in major trouble.

Dak isn't that good without an elite rusher giving him over 1,000 yards on first down.
That elite O-Line is not what it was. One gone to free agency, Smith injured. That line was the key to last season's success.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only the 49ers and Browns are officially eliminated, but we all know the Giants are mathematically out of it because eight wins are not enough in the NFC.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Elliot is a good back, but that line was dominant. Elliot probably had more yards from scrimmage before contact than any back from GB had for the entire season combined running and catching.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am feeling a weird unexpected confidence going against the Steelers this week. I'm not sure why, but I think we are going to shine with low expectations, and our backs up against the wall...

Every week I seen progress. Before last weeks collapse, GB didn't turn the ball over for two weeks. Hundley threw a couple ugly ints early. And had a couple turnovers late when we were down and had to go for it, and they knew it... by the end of the day it was gross all around. But truth is GB was in it until the end when Hundley s turnovers led to two Baltimore TDs....

All that aside. The beat down didn't reflect how good Greenbay is accurately. Imo.

If we can put a complete game together, I believe we can give a hot Steelers team a run for their money.

I'm a Packer Backer...but uh Pittsburgh is gonna steamroll!!! 48-17. Lev Bell 200+ yards from scrimmage. AB 200 yd receiving. Martavis Bryant 100 yd receiving. Steelers will force a pick six. Realistically, it might be a Keystone State Super Bowl this year.

Members online

Latest posts