Steelers turn next week

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With those guys out, I can hear it now:

"Yeah the Steelers might have hung 40 on us, but we were without 'X' amount of starters". Dom off the hook again.

The ratio of ppl defending Capers with personnel as an argument vs ppl calling for Capers head no matter what is probably close to 1:713. At this point Capers needs to go just to prove the point that personnel is lacking on that side (until Clark, the front office had gone a LONG time without providing any impact defensive players). MM needs to just go because we now have actual proof that his offensive "genius" is lucking into two HoF QBs; but MM will get a pass because the guy that covers up for his inadequacy is gone, which is odd logic. We can't fire the guy that's been shown to be a sham because the guy that was covering up the sham is gone, when the guy that covers up the sham is back then we'll be able to truly evaluate the coach!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The ratio of ppl defending Capers with personnel as an argument vs ppl calling for Capers head no matter what is probably close to 1:713. At this point Capers needs to go just to prove the point that personnel is lacking on that side (until Clark, the front office had gone a LONG time without providing any impact defensive players). MM needs to just go because we now have actual proof that his offensive "genius" is lucking into two HoF QBs; but MM will get a pass because the guy that covers up for his inadequacy is gone, which is odd logic. We can't fire the guy that's been shown to be a sham because the guy that was covering up the sham is gone, when the guy that covers up the sham is back then we'll be able to truly evaluate the coach!

I'm up in the air on MM. The 2 biggest strikes against him IMO, are not firing Capers (if that is his sole decision) and having Hundley as backup QB on a team that was a favorite to make a run at the SB. Game experience aside, MM had to know Hundley wasn't the right guy to be put under center if AR went down. If he didn't, he is a pretty crappy evaluator of talent.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm up in the air on MM. The 2 biggest strikes against him IMO, are not firing Capers (if that is his sole decision) and having Hundley as backup QB on a team that was a favorite to make a run at the SB. Game experience aside, MM had to know Hundley wasn't the right guy to be put under center if AR went down. If he didn't, he is a pretty crappy evaluator of talent.
Or maybe a little too confident in his own ability to overcome it... I think he is a good coach... but too slow to react, Having Rodgers probably has stunted his coaching ability to some degree... due to disuse... like an atrophied muscle.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If this game goes as many of us expect it and Hundley isn't playing well, I really think MM needs to put the hook out and give Callahan some playing time. If this season plays out as it has been since Hundley took over, it's time to see what Callahan has and give him that valuable playing time that some point to as the sole reason Hudley is stinking the place up.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or maybe a little too confident in his own ability to overcome it... I think he is a good coach... but too slow to react, Having Rodgers probably has stunted his coaching ability to some degree... due to disuse... like an atrophied muscle.

Well said. It's pretty obvious to me that having #12 as you QB covers up a lot of deficiencies and probably creates a lack of urgency to either see those flaws or fix them. Basically, making the coaches a bit lazy. Just look at the lack of draft resources used on the offense in the last 6 years, that alone tells you just how much the Packers were able to rely on AR being THAT good.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
At the end of the year, if the team votes for the team MVP....I can really only see them being able to give it to one guy....Aaron Rodgers. This was finally the year that players, fans, media, etc.....saw just how valuable Aaron Rodgers is to the Packers. Wish I was AR's agent......because his new contract went up several million dollars.

TouchdownPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed. I think he could be a decent option for the #2 back next year, but the injury thing is a major concern to me as well. With his sickle cell, from what I understood, it takes him longer to fully recover from injuries and that is a tough thing in the NFL when sometimes you are forced to try and play through them.

One thing I know......please stop handing the ball off to either Monty or Cobb on 3rd/4th and 1......doomed play from the start, neither of them can make their own yardage.

Off topic a bit.........but has anyone noticed that Hundley keeps using hands signals behind his back to show the RB which way to run? FOX I believe showed it against the Bears. If this is truly the case....how hard is it for a defense to see Hundley stick his right hand behind his back and know that he can only be pointing to the left. Obviously, this could ultimately be used as an effective decoy, but I noticed it on a few plays against the Ravens and it was same thing...left hand....ran right......right hand....left.

I never read that about Ty Montgomery's ability to recover from SCT (sickle cell trait). He was a game-time decision in Week 8 last year and felt fine after returning to Green Bay. That was just illness symptoms caused by SCT though, not injury-related.

Interesting observation. I did not notice this in the Lions game. Did the Bears run right when he pointed left?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sorry, but IMO there is no such thing as dark humor. Stuff like that can easily offend those who lack the ability to recognize it as a joke.

While I get what you are saying, if you know Packerlover well enough, you know she was joking. I will vouch for that! She doesn't have a mean bone in her body and forever the optimist she is!

Patrick J. Costello

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should’ve moved to Moscow. Only chance Packers would have is if Steelers equipment was lost.
50-10, unless Mike Tomlin offers mercy.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers haven't won in Pittsburg in a very long time. Perhaps if my memory is correct it might be 1970. The other games since then have been mostly blowouts. With Hundley as the qb I would bet the latter is the more probable outcome.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pittsburgh went from a team i admire to one team I care nothing about. Stay in the locker room for the national anthem? Absolutely a disgrace.

Packers 23 - who cares

Hundley had an awful fame last week. I only watched the first half and he made 3 really bad decisions and several other bad ones. The first 2 starts I was extremely critical of the game plan and play calls. The very short pass attack was guaranteed to fail. Game 3 was fine, but that was more because of the bears. Against the Ravens we went in with a varied pass approach. Not sure what the progression was but it appeared to me on a 20" circa 1995 TV at deer camp, that Hundley was playing ahead of himself. He played much better in the first 3 games.

If i was MM, here is what I would do:

Cut the pass playbook way down. Have only a few formation and a few pass plays. Have a few different route options on each play and practice the poop out of them. Each play has a mid, a short, and a long pass option. I would run 5 or so QB run plays.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don’t think they are scoring against the Steelers and the browns are gonna beat us too

Wouldn't surprise me on the Browns either. The team and their fans may view this as their "Super Bowl" as well as possibly their only chance at victory this year!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts