Steelers 2017 studs and duds

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I can't bring myself to giving out duds after this one. We could have very well went up against the best team in football and our guys played their hearts and guts out to put themselves in a position to win. I'm shocked we were even in the game to begin with.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Williams, Capers, Hundley
Hundley is still a dud... yeah he made some plays.. but those sacks he took in field goal range cannot be forgiven.... Capers? the Steelers scored 31 points despite the turnovers.... I certainly wouldn't praise the Steelers defense allowing the Packers to score 28... so I'm certainly not going to give Capers a stud for 31

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, I wasn't expecting a win, but I was impressed on how well they played. Looked a LOT better than last week.

Duds: That attempted field goal was nuts. They should have just punted.
Studs: D line actually making some plays.

Personally, I feel worse when it's a blow out rather than loosing by a few points. The latter they look like a team trying to win.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds- gutless defense. There was no doubt they would find a way to once again collapse in the fourth quarter.
House- please bench him
Studs- Hundley. He improved
Adams

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The FG call by MM was not a good choice. I liked the aggression at the time, but didn't know about the kicking stats at that stadium. That's something they likely knew going in.

Overall, though McCarthy deserves a stud.

This is a game we likely aren't favored to win with Rodgers.

The turn around from last week was huge. Hundley looked like like a legit starter compared to being awful last week. Whatever MM and company did during the week showed.

The Packers were ready to play and played their hearts out. It took a ridiculous Brown catch and record tying FG to prevent OT.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley still has zero pocket awareness and still runs into sacks. I just don’t understand how do you not understand the situation smh.

Mm is yet again his own worst enemy. That decision to kick a fg there was one of his dumber calls...which is usually three or four a game. You absolutely cannot make that decision on that field at that moment in the game. Just stupid man

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds- gutless defense. There was no doubt they would find a way to once again collapse in the fourth quarter.
House- please bench him
Studs- Hundley. He improved
Adams

It was more of a ridiculous grab by Brown than a defensive collapse.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs : O’line, Devonte, Hundley gets a stud but I hesitated because he gave up some sacks, but played well
Duds: MIKE McCarthy aka Cautious McCarthy (REALLY Mike) I thought you call a time out to freeze the kicker not call it so early for him to focus on a GAME WINNING FG, and why attempt a long FG with a struggling kicker.
Devon House ok why did we bring him back?

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
collapse?... no but 31 points certainly is not something to be proud of.

Didn't say it was....

Just saying the last drive was more Brown and their kicker being very good than our defense playing poorly.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Guys...Brett Hundley is not Aaron Rodgers. Can't expect him to be perfect. He posted a 135 passer rating.

Can't ask for much more than that from him.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds:
The defense is still the same choking defense. Crapers is a loser, be gone.
Clay is never healthy and is getting paid way too much. He's had a good Packer career, but 2010 Clay would be laughing at how bad 2017 Clay became.
Haha CD. Not sure if this is a regression or he is injured, but something is up with him this year.
House- I was a fan of the move at first, but my homer shades must have been ignoring reality.
Did I already say Dom Crapers? What a joke, thanks for ruining Aaron's career not firing him after the 2012 debacle.

Studs:
Too pissed off to even want to say anybody, but at least Hundley didn't suck. He still took a lot of stupid sacks but the way he played tonight, he played like a quality backup qb.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys...Brett Hundley is not Aaron Rodgers. Can't expect him to be perfect. He posted a 135 passer rating.

Can't ask for much more than that from him.
Yes actually we can. Once you are in field goal range.... you simply cannot take a sack.... he took 2 in a row. I don't care what his passer rating was... I cannot forgive mental errors like that.... missing a throw here and there .. ok... ******** up when you have virtual points on the board? not so much.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Yes actually we can. Once you are in field goal range.... you simply cannot take a sack.... he took 2 in a row. I don't care what his passer rating was... I cannot forgive mental errors like that.... missing a throw here and there .. ok... ******** up when you have virtual points on the board? not so much.
Yet he drove the team down the field to tie the game late. That was big time stuff.

We were never going to win this game. I'm going to choose to look at the positives after this one. If someone would have said before the game that the packers lose by 3 and Hundley completes 65% of his throws, has 3 TDs with a 135 passer rating everyone would have been ecstatic.

I'm as critical of this team as any but damn. Come on.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Duds:
  1. Missed tackles and no pass rush. As much as I want to blame Capers for a crap defense, if Ha Ha Clinton Dix and the rest of the Packers can't tackle, how are they going to stop anyone?
  2. Referees. Missing the helmet to helmet. Poor spotting of the ball and adding 2 seconds to the clock.
  3. MM for attempting that long range FG and basically turning the momentum and the game back over to the Steelers and their crowd.

Studs: Blake Martinez, Daniels, Hundley, Williams, Adams and Vogel

Semi-Stud: Spriggs for not sucking.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yet he drove the team down the field to tie the game late. That was big time stuff.

We were never going to win this game. I'm going to choose to look at the positives after this one. If someone would have said before the game that the packers lose by 3 and Hundley completes 65% of his throws, has 3 TDs with a 135 passer rating everyone would have been ecstatic.

I'm as critical of this team as any but damn. Come on.
I can't really argue that... maybe I should wait til tomorrow to comment further....

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The sacks were bad. But he showed growth from last week. And on those 2 he didn't have a ton of options. Get rid of sooner, but he didn't flush out and back, but when he stepped up there was someone there.

His screen recognition was better. No more double pumping and showing it way too early. He looked better and even after a rough spot 3rd early 4th maybe he came back on a great 70+ yard drive.

It's not going to be enough to save this season unfortunately, but growth is good.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I give Hundley all the credit in the world and maybe just maybe this was the growth game he needed. Not many of us, including myself gave him a snow balls chance in hell to do what he did tonight against the Steelers. Credit MM for a decent game plan, but give Hundley credit for not listening to most of us and the rest of the media who had no confidence in him.

Carl 2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I give Hundley all the credit in the world and maybe just maybe this was the growth game he needed. Not many of us, including myself gave him a snow balls chance in hell to do what he did tonight against the Steelers. Credit MM for a decent game plan, but give Hundley credit for not listening to most of us and the rest of the media who had no confidence in him.

I hope Hundley avoids facebook and anywhere fan comments are posted.

Members online

Latest posts