Slot Options- Who will take over?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think EQ is going to be the best of that bunch, unless of course Moore learns to catch. He did everything you needed to do to be a very successful WR, except what mattered most. Hands and concentrations can be worked on, I hope to see improvement and watch this kid take off. if not, I see EQ being a better down to down guy, but MVS being big play potential.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well Campbell wouldn't be my first choice if were looking for a slot receiver to block. That is the one thing I don't think he does well but he can stretch the middle(Like Tyreek HIll) and can also be used on JET SWEEPS keeping the defense honest etc etc. The fact remains he can do more things then anyone on our current roster and would add someone that can go the distance on any given play. If you can scheme and use that speed correctly from the middle it can stir the drink for the entire offense opening things up downfield.

I also can see the Packers drafting a RB early.

I like Justice Hill on day 2 or LJ Scott on day 3.

Now, see, here is where I take umbrance.

Campbell is a horizontal threat. A good one. But stretch the middle? When has he ever done that? If you're going to say he can do it like Tyreek Hill (who actually was a deep threat in college) then there should be some evidence of it.

Campbell this last year had an average depth of target of 4.5 yards. Meaning he was <5 yards down the field when he got the ball thrown to him. He was simply not a deep threat, and calling him that is simply a mere projection. Be honest about it.

H

HardRightEdge

I am not so certain of that. The last time the Packers spent a top pick on a receiver(Adams) he had a really good rookie season. He also showed up and was a big part of wins against New England and Dallas in the playoffs. We probably don't win those games without Adams.
MVS's and Adams' rookie seasons are nearly indistinguishable statistically.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not so certain of that. The last time the Packers spent a top pick on a receiver(Adams) he had a really good rookie season. He also showed up and was a big part of wins against New England and Dallas in the playoffs. We probably don't win those games without Adams.

We haven't brought in anything close to him since. These younger guys are a Fairy Tale.

If Adams had a very good rookie season, then MVS must have just had an excellent rookie season! Future looks bright!

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He flashed a lot his rookie year but that's fine. You guys can play all these tricks on yourselves that Allison, MVS, St Brown are gonna emerge and be some big special deal. When the balloon pops on this offense and we can't score on the Bears or Vikings or keep up with the Rams and Saints there won't be much left to blame but the foolish approach the Packers have gone about building this offense.

Adams had 400+ yards as a rookie, flashed a lot, and is obviously good.

MVS had 500+ yards as a rookie, flashed a lot, but he's just tricking us.

It's amazing how quickly you can talk yourself into a corner.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, Brandon. We aren't taking Mike Bell. Dude fan a 4.8 40 at the combine. We can't have a safety that slow. Since you know, you care so much about elite athleticism ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Your right but the chance or probabilities of it being successful is almost zero. Show me anywhere else in recent league history where that has worked?

The Patriots top receivers were Julian Edelman (7th round pick) and Chris Hogan (undrafted) last season.

he's not the player now that he was then.

True, the point being that it would have been foolish not to expect Graham primarily lining up in the slot.

H

HardRightEdge

Adams had 400+ yards as a rookie, flashed a lot, and is obviously good.

MVS had 500+ yards as a rookie, flashed a lot, but he's just tricking us.

It's amazing how quickly you can talk yourself into a corner.
It's called confirmation bias.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Patriots top receivers were Julian Edelman (7th round pick) and Chris Hogan (undrafted) last season.

True, the point being that it would have been foolish not to expect Graham primarily lining up in the slot.

Technically the Patriots top receivers were White (4th), Edelman, Gronk (2nd) and Gordon (originally supp draft 2nd, acquired for conditional 5th).

Last edited:

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rookie WRs are notoriously unproductive, particularly these days in transitioning to pro style offenses. If we put on our "win now" caps, which I suppose we must after these FA contracts, picking a guy to be your #2 is likely not going to work out very well in 2019.
more and more the pros are running college offenses. if they draft a wr, with the skills to be an impact, in the first round, it might be pretty smooth. "if" and "might"...big words.
rodgers age and the extension are the "win-now" signals. i keep waffling on drafting for D or for O.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Oh, Brandon. We aren't taking Mike Bell. Dude fan a 4.8 40 at the combine. We can't have a safety that slow. Since you know, you care so much about elite athleticism ;)

I like Bell as a box safety. Very smooth player. Good value where i mocked him.

Hockenson ran a 4.75 and you him in 1st round. :eek:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Now, see, here is where I take umbrance.

Campbell is a horizontal threat. A good one. But stretch the middle? When has he ever done that? If you're going to say he can do it like Tyreek Hill (who actually was a deep threat in college) then there should be some evidence of it.

Campbell this last year had an average depth of target of 4.5 yards. Meaning he was <5 yards down the field when he got the ball thrown to him. He was simply not a deep threat, and calling him that is simply a mere projection. Be honest about it.

Tyreek Hill played RB in college and he turned into a deep threat. Just because someone wasn't asked to do it doesn't mean he can't.

Give me the UPSIDE everytime. :cool:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
The Packer fan base for the most part has gone COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL in regards to our weaponry on offense.

Eveyone other then some Packer fans knows we have crap on offense for the most part. If Rodgers does not play at ALL TIME ELITE LEVEL were gonna take some L's and miss playoffs again.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packer fan base for the most part has gone COMPLETELY DELUSIONAL in regards to our weaponry on offense.

Eveyone other then some Packer fans knows we have crap on offense for the most part. If Rodgers does not play at ALL TIME ELITE LEVEL were gonna take some L's and miss playoffs again.

Nobody has said that we don't need to improve on offense.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think the perception that the Packers have just Davante Adams at WR is a false perception of those not in the know of the goings on at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

I think the Packers will draft at least one WR at some point this draft, but I don't think it is accurate to say they have none besides Davante now. And to say the offense as a whole is "crap" besides Rodgers is also just a ignorant comment.

Packers WR roster currently:

Davante Adams

Geronimo Allison

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Equanimeous St. Brown

Jake Kumerow

Allen Lazard

J'Mon Moore

Trevor Davis

Davis being the botton of the group, but will have a chance of making the roster again if no kick/punt returner stands out in camp.

Add in new WR coach Alvis Whitted who played WR in the league and is known for turning WR's into Biletnikoff award finalists at Colorado State, and I feel good about the WR position going into the draft. I will most likely feel even better about it after the draft.

I think Bakh and the other O-linemen would also disagree that they are "crap".

Aaron Jones says hello as well.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I think the perception that the Packers have just Davante Adams at WR is a false perception of those not in the know of the goings on at 1265 Lombardi Avenue.

I think the Packers will draft at least one WR at some point this draft, but I don't think it is accurate to say they have none besides Davante now. And to say the offense as a whole is "crap" besides Rodgers is also just a ignorant comment.

Packers WR roster currently:

Davante Adams

Geronimo Allison

Marquez Valdes-Scantling

Equanimeous St. Brown

Jake Kumerow

Allen Lazard

J'Mon Moore

Trevor Davis

Davis being the botton of the group, but will have a chance of making the roster again if no kick/punt returner stands out in camp.

Add in new WR coach Alvis Whitted who played WR in the league and is known for turning WR's into Biletnikoff award finalists at Colorado State, and I feel good about the WR position going into the draft. I will most likely feel even better about it after the draft.

I think Bakh and the other O-linemen would also disagree that they are "crap".

Aaron Jones says hello as well.

"CRAP".

Seems like there is a lot of ignorant people out there outside the Packer fan base.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"CRAP".

Seems like there is a lot of ignorant people out there outside the Packer fan base.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Well, we all know Florio is a lifelong Vikings fan. Mike is also still butthurt over what Aaron Rodgers said about 3 yrs ago now about PFT: "Don't waste your time reading that crap"

Florio ALWAYS has a agenda and everything he writes or says is done with a purpose and to stir the pot.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Well, we all know Florio is a lifelong Vikings fan. Mike is also still butthurt over what Aaron Rodgers said about 3 yrs ago now about PFT: "Don't waste your time reading that crap"

Florio ALWAYS has a agenda and everything he writes or says is done with a purpose and to stir the pot.

The "POT" doesn't need to be stirred that the Packers offense doesn't scare anyone anymore. In fact it's pretty much league wide known.

Untill they invest some premium capital into the offense were just scratching off cheap Lotto tickets.

Simms said the offense was "CRAP" btw.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You really put a lot of stock into what is said on PFT. Good luck with that

Let's wait 'till after the draft and at least get into training camp and see how LaFleur and staff are doing with the offense, before you proclaim it "crap" and come off as a clueless casual fan.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
You really put a lot of stock into what is said on PFT. Good luck with that

Let's wait 'till after the draft and at least get into training camp and see how LaFleur and staff are doing with the offense, before you proclaim it "crap" and come off as a clueless casual fan.

Its been "Crap" for basically two years now other then a spurt early in 2017 so i don't know how someone can be called clueless for calling it what it is.

Yes, we'll see what they do in the draft but i'm not holding my breath.

InGuteWeTrust

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Its been "Crap" for basically two years now other then a spurt early in 2017 so i don't know how someone can be called clueless for calling it what it is.

Yes, we'll see what they do in the draft but i'm not holding my breath.
LaFleur and staff have been evaluating the roster and overall are happy with the offensive roster. Billy Turner was a bigger piece added then some realize. If he solidifies the RG spot, that would be huge. With a couple more players added in the draft, this offense is ready to do some damage with LaFleur running it. You do know McCarthy is gone right? You keep saying it's been crap for 2 years. Ok. That is why LaFleur is running the offense now.

Give me some names of who you think is "crap"? I don't see a lot of "crap" on this roster.

Talk to me just after the opener on Sept. 5th vs. the Bears and then tell me if you still think the offense is crap.

#GoPackGo!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
LaFleur and staff have been evaluating the roster and overall are happy with the offensive roster. Billy Turner was a bigger piece added then some realize. If he solidifies the RG spot, that would be huge. With a couple more players added in the draft, this offense is ready to do some damage with LaFleur running it. You do know McCarthy is gone right? You keep saying it's been crap for 2 years. Ok. That is why LaFleur is running the offense now.

Give me some names of who you think is "crap"? I don't see a lot of "crap" on this roster.

Talk to me just after the opener on Sept. 5th vs. the Bears and then tell me if you still think the offense is crap.

#GoPackGo!

I seriously hope your right but i see a lack of PLAYMAKER'S and GAME CHANGERS on the offensive side.

Bulage has proven he can't play healthy.

Aaron Jones has also proven he cant stay healthy.

I don't like our depth at either of these spots.

After Adams our receiving corp is a bunch of 3's and 4's IMO. Nothing too get excited about. An injury to Adams would have this offense dead in the water.

I just think to spend over 100 million dollars on the defense in free agency on top of drafting defense high every year and relying on a bunch of late round draft picks and UDFA's on offense is INSANE. It goes against every rational approach to put top tier talent around your best player.

I will add that I do believe there are some players in the draft that can remedy some of the problems on offense and give us a shot. Well see if Gute can get those guys.