GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 6794

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't need to run the 3 cone so he chose not too. He posted 4.31 with the best shuttle time and has tons of tape BLOWING BY top end competition.

What is so amazing about Parris is you see his speed on tape. He is one of a very elite few that translates his speed and quickness on field at such a BLAZING LEVEL.

I hate to admit it but everyone brandon is right with this one. Of the receivers expected to be gone by end of 2nd round, Parris translates his abilities into pads and live play better than any IMO.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Kumerow had two receptions for 32 yards while lining up in the slot during the preseason in 2018.

I agree he might be an option there but shouldn't be counted on to be the top one entering the season.

That would be just marvelous. Counting on two UDFA's to get us to the promise land in Kumerow and Allison. :eek:

Things could get real real ugly

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who cares if in their past if they were drafted or not, deliver or don't is all that matters at this point.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but everyone brandon is right with this one. Of the receivers expected to be gone by end of 2nd round, Parris translates his abilities into pads and live play better than any IMO.

I happen to like Brandon Campbell....I mean Parris.

Not at #12 and probably not at #30.....but at #45.....sign me up!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score

Yep, I like to talk about GAME CHANGERS and Parris Campbell could be a potential GAME CHANGER for the Green Bay Packers.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Who cares if in their past if they were drafted or not, deliver or don't is all that matters at this point.

Your right but the chance or probabilities of it being successful is almost zero. Show me anywhere else in recent league history where that has worked?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your right but the chance or probabilities of it being successful is almost zero. Show me anywhere else in recent league history where that has worked?

Neither of those guys are slot options IMO from our roster. Playing the hypothetical game I honestly think if we add no one, Graham & EQ I feel are the most likely. I do believe we will attempt to find our slot of future in the draft. Shorter shifty but skilled receivers honestly are there usually in 2nd to 3rd rounders...but I'm HIGH on Parris personally to the degree unless a Devin or Williams falls somehow to us at #12, I'd smile should we pick him there.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
If he is a GAME CHANGER it doesn't matter where they get him. He makes more sense then a slow TE IMO.

While I agree in Principle and by looking ahead with a Crystal ball, that if he is in fact a game changer he would be worth the #30 pick, but as we have seen in the past, nothing is a guarantee. If there is better player, especially one that addresses need at #30, I am taking that guy over Parris C.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
While I agree in Principle and by looking ahead with a Crystal ball, that if he is in fact a game changer he would be worth the #30 pick, but as we have seen in the past, nothing is a guarantee. If there is better player, especially one that addresses need at #30, I am taking that guy over Parris C.

Once again there is risk any pick. Campbell could tear out his ACL in OTA's and it becomes a disaster. I am talking from a pure talent stand point. We don't have anyone currently as talented as him on our entire roster. He has production to back up talent so these are the guys you go after.

The Packers did it with Jaire Alexander and it worked out great. If Gute continues that trend and sticks with guys like Campbell the Packers will be a POWER HOUSE.

H

HardRightEdge

Perhaps there will be no designated slot receiver. Perhaps it will be mix and match in a variety of alignments and rotations with the wideouts in house playing big slot. There is a certain predictability in having a guy like Cobb or a small slot lining up in the same spot down after down.

You might sacrifice that short distance quickness which is the argument for the small slots in exchange for bigger targets and with bigger catch radiuses and the uncertainty created in defensive matchups.

The draft will tell the story.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Perhaps there will be no designated slot receiver. Perhaps it will be mix and match in a variety of alignments and rotations with the wideouts in house playing big slot. There is a certain predictability in having a guy like Cobb or a small slot lining up in the same spot down after down.

You might sacrifice that short distance quickness which is the argument for the small slots in exchange for bigger targets and with bigger catch radiuses and the uncertainty created in defensive matchups.

The draft will tell the story.

The problem with that approach with current Packers talent pool and TE personnel is I don't believe it will work. Somewhere there needs to be some elite quickness and speed to open things up and stress the defense. It is a different scheme they will be running now but I would be shocked if the plan is to make it work with what they have.

If the plan is to work with current cast of characters I expect more of the same with receivers not being able to get enough separation and Rodgers throwing a record number of balls away. In fact, I can already hear it in hear with RODGERS IS WASHED UP and LA FLEUR SUCKS!

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Somewhere, Davante Adams just gave you the stink eye!

Adams is great receiver and talent. If you go back and read my posts when he was drafted I was very very high on him and said he would be better then Dez Bryant and people laughed at me.

The problem is we haven't drafted one since him which is the MAJOR PROBLEM that were having.

Campbell would make Adams even that much better.

H

HardRightEdge

If the plan is to work with current cast of characters I expect more of the same with receivers not being able to get enough separation and Rodgers throwing a record number of balls away.
In my view Rodgers throwing balls away is more a function of (1) the route running than the athletic talent, (2) a lack of confidence in the team being able to compensate for turnovers or the defense returning the favor and (3) playing on a gimped up knee where he didn't think he could make a certain throw here and there.

Rodgers giving the receivers the stink eye is about the routes they run not a couple of 10ths on an agility drill.

My proposition depends on the internal evaluation of last year's rookies being able to polish their games more than some arbitrary definition of what does and doesn't work.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
In my view Rodgers throwing balls away is more a function of (1) the route running than the athletic talent, (2) a lack of confidence in the team being able to compensate for turnovers or the defense returning the favor and (3) playing on a gimped up knee where he didn't think he could make a certain throw here and there.

Rodgers giving the receivers the stink eye is about the routes they run not a couple of 10ths on an agility drill.

My proposition depends on the internal evaluation of last year's rookies being able to polish their games more than some arbitrary definition of what does and doesn't work.

Once again, The probabilities of having a bunch of late round picks and UDFA's along with a TE group that has SPEED LIMITATIONS is a recipe for DISASTER.

Is it possible it could work? Surely, but not probable.

If the Packers can spend over a 100 million on adding pieces to the defense they can surely merit adding some top end draft talent to help the offense.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Packers will probably have a shot at one of the following WR's at #45. Unless one of them is head and shoulders (in the Packers eyes) above the other, I would sit and wait for that pick, otherwise, maybe grab one at #30 if you absolutely love him:
  1. Marquise Brown
  2. AJ Brown
  3. Parris Campbell
  4. Deebo Samuel

H

HardRightEdge

If the Packers can spend over a 100 million on adding pieces to the defense they can surely merit adding some top end draft talent to help the offense.
I expect the Packers to draft an OT in the first round, #44 at the latest.

It's a mistake to think you're going to turn Rodgers into a Brees or Brady, dinking and dunking down the field to TEs, slots and RBs as much as I think it has been called for at times (and was used effectively all too briefly). That's not LaFleur's approach either. In Tennessee and reiterated since the Packers hired him, his modus operandi is to run the ball and throw deep which would have been a factor in his selection.

The ability for a slot receiver to run block might be more important than a couple of quick twitch 10ths. in an agility drill. And it is not as though the incumbents don't have good athletic measurables.

Consider Cobb's progression toward his centrality in 2012, his second year, and his huge 2014 season after an injury plauged 2013. That's a guy who had a 7.08 3-cone and a 4.34 short shuttle which syncs with the on-field eye test: not especially twitchy. How did that work? Cobb ran routes and scramble drills the way the QB expected.

I recently ran across Chuckie doing an extended interview with Favre from 2016 I think it was. Favre stated repeatedly that regardless of the play call, his first look was for the big play. After two decades of Hall of Fame QBs operating in this way, you'd think Packer fans would be used to it. Dinking and dunking is not in the Packer prospectus.

I would put the odds on a day 2 RB higher than a day 1 WR unless the brain trust believes last year's rookies are maxed out, which is quite doubtful.

H

HardRightEdge

so two wr positions by committee? ugh. it needs to be the best 11 on the field 90% of the time.
That's not what I said. Whoever your top 3 receivers, or 4 receivers in 4-wide, happen to be can alternate in the slot based on the play call and matchups. For example, would you find the idea of MVS motioning to the slot to run a go route against a 4.6 strong safety unappealing? I don't. How about Adams out of the slot running one of these money slants he runs? He does that, you know.

Moore is also a wild card. If he can get his stuff together he's the definition of a big slot, quite twitchy, big, strong. He might get worked into the mix. St. Brown did a lot of slot work. He's more an intermediate route runner than a guy you want running underneath, so if that's what the situation and what the play calls for, then there you are.

There are a lot of possibilities that don't involve a water bug slot.

Last edited by a moderator:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I expect the Packers to draft an OT in the first round, #44 at the latest.

It's a mistake to think you're going to turn Rodgers into a Brees or Brady, dinking and dunking down the field to TEs, slots and RBs as much as I think it has been called for at times (and was used effectively all too briefly). That's not LaFleur's approach either. In Tennessee and reiterated since the Packers hired him, his modus operandi is to run the ball and throw deep which would have been a factor in his selection.

The ability for a slot receiver to run block might be more important than a couple of quick twitch 10ths. in an agility drill. And it is not as though the incumbents don't have good athletic measurables.

Consider Cobb's progression toward his centrality in 2012, his second year, and his huge 2014 season after an injury plauged 2013. That's a guy who had a 7.08 3-cone and a 4.34 short shuttle which syncs with the on-field eye test: not especially twitchy. How did that work? Cobb ran routes and scramble drills the way the QB expected.

I recently ran across Chuckie doing an extended interview with Favre from 2016 I think it was. Favre stated repeatedly that regardless of the play call, his first look was for the big play. After two decades of Hall of Fame QBs operating in this way, you'd think Packer fans would be used to it. Dinking and dunking is not in the Packer prospectus.

I would put the odds on a day 2 RB higher than a day 1 WR unless the brain trust believes last year's rookies are maxed out, which is quite doubtful.

Well Campbell wouldn't be my first choice if were looking for a slot receiver to block. That is the one thing I don't think he does well but he can stretch the middle(Like Tyreek HIll) and can also be used on JET SWEEPS keeping the defense honest etc etc. The fact remains he can do more things then anyone on our current roster and would add someone that can go the distance on any given play. If you can scheme and use that speed correctly from the middle it can stir the drink for the entire offense opening things up downfield.

I also can see the Packers drafting a RB early.

I like Justice Hill on day 2 or LJ Scott on day 3.

H

HardRightEdge

Well Campbell wouldn't be my first choice if were looking for a slot receiver to block. That is the one thing I don't think he does well but he can stretch the middle(Like Tyreek HIll) and can also be used on JET SWEEPS keeping the defense honest etc etc. The fact remains he can do more things then anyone on our current roster and would add someone that can go the distance on any given play. If you can scheme and use that speed correctly from the middle it can stir the drink for the entire offense opening things up downfield.

I also can see the Packers drafting a RB early.

I like Justice Hill on day 2 or LJ Scott on day 3.
Elsewhere I did a little write-up on Penny Hart, a crafty small slot who can break ankles at the top of his route and who can return punts. This is the kind of guy I'd expect the Packers to draft if they were looking for strictly a twitchy slot without outside versatility if they were of a mind to go small. That's probably day 3.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts