Slot Options- Who will take over?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Honestly the type of guy Renfrow is I argue is similar to why I love Deguara. Does his job, every attribute of it...albeit without flash.

Seems like the kind of players that attract the Packers. Maybe fans of all teams say that, but MLF talks a lot about team chemistry and how important it is. Nothing better than having guys around you, all focused on a common goal, improving your individual game in order to improve your team.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To continue with this, I could see Jones splitting out and playing from the slot a bit.

Could even have him, and Dillon in the same formation. Just run the dang jet sweeps with Jones, like they did with Ervin.

I expect we'll see a lot of 2 WR sets, not a lot of 3. Deguara and Sterny will be on the field, a lot.

Exactly. They are banking on what we have at wideout because it’s less important with 1 and 2 WR sets. LaFleur hand picked these guys. It wouldn’t surprise me if we let Jones walk and used one of our top two picks for his replacement.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While we are tooting our own horns :whistling: I noticed my post above yours about Hunter Renfrow and how the Packers should grab him if he is still around in the 4th. Well the Raiders got him one pick ahead of the Packers (Kingsley Keke) in the 5th and despite missing 4 games with a broke rib and punctured lung, Hunter had a pretty decent year for a 5th round rookie (49 catches, 605 yds and 4 TD's).

Renfrow was a good call. The kid will have a nice career if he can stay healthy. It’s funny looking at old posts. I spent a lot of time bashing D.K. Metcalf. Yea...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to revisit this thread since this seems to be what’s happening and I’m not right often so I’m going to gloat when I can
And you should gloat. And MLF’s scheme is fine. Pound the rock, use RPO and jet sweeps, take time off the clock and score. All that matters is the win.

The run game was an afterthought for much of MM’s tenure, putting all the pressure on #12. He did great, but he’s one guy. I would think Rodgers would be happy in this scheme. If nothing else, it should reduce his injuries and lengthen his career.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Begelton/ESB's job to lose at this point IMO.
You’re right and the draft proves it. Clearly Gluten and MLF think they have all the WR talent they need in house.

Personally, I don’t hold out much hope for MVS. I didn’t see any signs of growth last season. That’s why just being fast can be overrated. This offense might play well to Kumerow’s strengths as well. He seems to know how to get open.

Finally, I’ll take long, time consuming drives over the home run pass every day.

Fat Dogs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And you should gloat. And MLF’s scheme is fine. Pound the rock, use RPO and jet sweeps, take time off the clock and score. All that matters is the win.

The run game was an afterthought for much of MM’s tenure, putting all the pressure on #12. He did great, but he’s one guy. I would think Rodgers would be happy in this scheme. If nothing else, it should reduce his injuries and lengthen his career.

Thank you. I’ve been screaming ground and pound football for awhile so it’s refreshing to see a lot of these guys come around. Your right. Rodgers is getting to the point in his career that a solid run game will only help.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts