Defense

Anderson DL
Galeai OLB
Harris ILB
Ento CB
Uphoff S
Gaines S

ST

Molson K - Crosby is 37, Molson did well and I feel will clear waivers and is a solid stash to do.

That puts us at 15 - I kinda predict the other may not be a guy we cut, but of the cut guys I think Williams RB or Kemp DL have best chance of being the final spot.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I'd like to see them pick up 2 or 3 guys that they had on their draft board that were cut yesterday.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Molson K - Crosby is 37, Molson did well and I feel will clear waivers and is a solid stash to do.

I don't think Mason's age would have much to do with me wanting another K on the PS, but more the Covid rules. But yes, definitely resign Molson or another capable kicker, just in case.

I'm going back and forth on ESB. He has had ample time to move up the depth charts, but injuries have been his achilles heal. Also, he may decide a fresh start with another team is the way to go. I don't see him being grabbed off waivers, but I can see one of our Division rivals getting him to agree to be on their PS. I think AR might have some say as to who they sign and it wont be Jake Kumerow, since he made the Bills 53.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Mason's age would have much to do with me wanting another K on the PS, but more the Covid rules. But yes, definitely resign Molson or another capable kicker, just in case.

I'm going back and forth on ESB. He has had ample time to move up the depth charts, but injuries have been his achilles heal. Also, he may decide a fresh start with another team is the way to go. I don't see him being grabbed off waivers, but I can see one of our Division rivals getting him to agree to be on their PS. I think AR might have some say as to who they sign and it wont be Jake Kumerow, since he made the Bills 53.

ESB has enough talent to play in this league, IMHO, but he just can't seem to stay healthy. That's a shame for him, but the Packers gave him plenty of opportunities and now it's time to move on. I wish him all the best in life.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows I was and still am a believer in EQSB, his time here just is over. Healthy the guy can easily be a team's capable #4 - honestly I believe his ceiling is higher than Lazard's

I feel for him and the Packers the time has come, a fresh start will do him well - just not in the NFC North preferrably and not the Cowboys, Patriots, Buccs or Colts so I can still root for him LOL

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Nice job Poppa San. See what he did there.
2. I sure hope Yiakim winds up on the practice squad.
3. What a great trade for the punter.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Jordan the young guard that has started 10 and 9 games since being drafted by the Bengals in the 4th was released, he is a OL if Braden gets stolen I'd consider trying to sign to PS 100%

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple more I might try to claim

Mike Ford CB cut from Lions entering his fourth season

A name some of you might remember from the draft scouting process is Center Michael Menet - three year starter in college cut by the Cardinals. Could be a PS grab

A name many remember a few of us christened a solid mid round WR two drafts ago was released Antonio Gandy-Golden. He has the size and speed to be a threat in the NFL, just didn't work out with injuries through his first season. I would one hundred percent understand a team trying to hide him on PS if able.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
A name many remember a few of us christened a solid mid round WR two drafts ago was released Antonio Gandy-Golden. He has the size and speed to be a threat in the NFL, just didn't work out with injuries through his first season. I would one hundred percent understand a team trying to hide him on PS if able.
I really liked this guy too, I actually remember watching the video below before the draft. 6' 4" and seems to be able to separate and do something after the catch.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I seem to have to look this up every season, but for those wondering how the Waiver wires work, this was a pretty good article (after my post). Basically, any player that the Packers might want to "pick up" today they would have to put a waiver claim in for said player by Noon today. Unless that player had more than 4 years of accrued service in the NFL, then that player is free to sign with any team they want. The Packers would then have to wait to see if that player (under 4 yrs) gets through to them (29th) in the waiver process and if they do, clear a spot on the 53 for them.

After the 3pm CST today, teams can start trying to sign players that have gone unclaimed to their PS. That time period is just an all out feeding frenzy and players are free agents and can sign with any team that makes an offer.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cool article - brief and informative. Thanks for posting.

I like how they showed the difference between our fantasy draft waiver wires and how the NFL runs it. I assumed that teams dropped once they picked up players.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I assumed that teams dropped once they picked up players.

I think that SHOULD be the case, but unfortunately it isn't. I understand that the league wants to try to make the league as competitive as possible, but giving the same teams first dibs on ALL players I believe is over doing the competitive balance thing. If the Jags use a waiver claim, they should drop back to #33 on the list and Packers move up a spot to #28. Work it like the draft. Once you select, you are done until the teams behind you get a shot.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Nobody that the Packers waived was claimed off waivers! The Packers didn't claim anyone either.

Although the Packers can't make it official until 3:00 today...

Packers are signing QB Kurt Benkert to the practice squad, per source.

The #Packers are re-signing WR Equanimeous St. Brown to their practice squad, per source.

The Packers are not keeping WR Reggie Begelton on the practice squad, per source.

Packers also signing Green Bay native OL Cole Van Lanen to the practice squad, per source.

Packers signing OL Jacob Capra to the practice squad, per source.

Packers also signed TE Bronson Kaufusi, RB Patrick Taylor, WR Chris Blair and ILB Ray Wilborn to the practice squad.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
EQSB could IMO get a waiver flyer claim from someone. Guy with eight starts has shown promise and small nagging injuries have been the issue. He would be more attractive to most teams than Gandy-Golden discussed earlier.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that SHOULD be the case, but unfortunately it isn't. I understand that the league wants to try to make the league as competitive as possible, but giving the same teams first dibs on ALL players I believe is over doing the competitive balance thing. If the Jags use a waiver claim, they should drop back to #33 on the list and Packers move up a spot to #28. Work it like the draft. Once you select, you are done until the teams behind you get a shot.
Yeah, but we are talking about bottom-of-the-barrel players in most situations. I am perfectly okay with Jacksonville getting as many waiver players as possible to be respectable in the season. Contending playoff teams don't need them. It's just an embarrassment of riches to seek more when others are in much greater need.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
EQSB could IMO get a waiver flyer claim from someone. Guy with eight starts has shown promise and small nagging injuries have been the issue. He would be more attractive to most teams than Gandy-Golden discussed earlier.
He went unclaimed and is being reported as resigning with the Packers on the PS! (See my post above).

Only 7 guys claimed off waivers and that was done by 4 teams....Lions, Chargers, Jags and Colts. All those hand wringers worried about Benkert and other Packers being in high demand can sleep again. :roflmao:

Attachments

• 4iPcK92.png
    4iPcK92.png
    116.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're not just small and nagging, he's hardly been available since he's gotten here. I was pretty high on him athletically. I'd really like to see what he can do, but i'm not sure he even practiced this year yet? I think the PS is a good place for him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Wondering if Winfree's injury is going to keep him from getting to the Packer PS. I expect 2 WR's on the PS and maybe this is #2? :

The Packers are bringing in WR Brennan Eagles for a workout, per source. Undrafted rookie out of Texas who spent time with the Cowboys. Had 28 catches for 469 yards and five touchdowns in nine games for the Longhorns last season as an honorable mention All-Big 12 guy.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
:roflmao: Modern technology.....I see reports of the Packers signing most of their practice squad already and I don't think they technically can until 3 pm today?

GB Practice Squad:

QB Kurt Benkert
TE Bronson Kaufusi
RB Patrick Taylor
WR ESB
WR Chris Blair
WR Juwann Winfree
OL Colt Van Lanen

OL Jacob Capra
OL Ben Braden

DL Willington Previlon
DL Abdullah Anderson
ILB Ray Wilborn

OLB Tipa Galeai
CB Kabion Ento
S Innis Gaines

K JJ Molson

Last edited:

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
He went unclaimed and is being reported as resigning with the Packers on the PS! (See my post above).

Only 7 guys claimed off waivers and that was done by 4 teams....Lions, Chargers, Jags and Colts. All those hand wringers worried about Benkert and other Packers being in high demand can sleep again. :roflmao:
I had zero concerns about landing any of our cuts on our practice squad. I knew Benkert was coming back. It's not like the Taysom Hill situation.

Members online

Latest posts