Practice Roster Moves

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I had zero concerns about landing any of our cuts on our practice squad. I knew Benkert was coming back. It's not like the Taysom Hill situation.
Agreed and had the Packers realized what they had in Hill outside of him playing backup QB, they probably would have kept him.

There is always that risk of losing a guy, but there really wasn't 1 guy that we cut yesterday that I would have shed a tear about losing. Benkert did what we see every preseason by a backup type QB...had a decent outing against guys that will be selling used cars tomorrow. Preseason heroes, especially at QB and especially behind a FHOF'er and first round pick aren't needed on your 53.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everyone knows I was and still am a believer in EQSB, his time here just is over. Healthy the guy can easily be a team's capable #4 - honestly I believe his ceiling is higher than Lazard's

I feel for him and the Packers the time has come, a fresh start will do him well - just not in the NFC North preferrably and not the Cowboys, Patriots, Buccs or Colts so I can still root for him LOL
He’s not the blocker Lazard is, he doesn’t have as good of hands as Lazard, and he doesn’t run his routes as well. How does he have a higher ceiling? Because he’s tall and fairly athletic?

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
RB Patrick Taylor
OL Colt Van Lanen
OL Ben Braden
DL Willington Previlon
OLB Tipa Galeai
CB Kabion Ento
S Innis Gaines

K JJ Molson
These were the important ones to me. Seems a RB and OL always get hurt. A team needs plenty of those and Taylor, Van Lanen, and Braden played well enough to fill in as backups to the backups if called upon. Need the kicker in case Crosby goes down.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
These were the important ones to me. Seems a RB and OL always get hurt. A team needs plenty of those and Taylor, Van Lanen, and Braden played well enough to fill in as backups to the backups if called upon. Need the kicker in case Crosby goes down.
No real surprises there for me either. I actually liked what I saw from Patrick Taylor. His size and a RAS of 7.14 make him a good prospect. I think injuries last year kept him from getting drafted and Packers other rookie RB Kylin Hill kept him from being their #3.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Begelton could definitely latch on with some team. He did pretty well with his opportunity this year. I do think keeping Taylor was the correct call between the 2, but my guess if he's not on out PS is he's weighing options between here or somewhere else that maybe might get him on a 53 faster.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I couldn't see another place to put this so I'll say it here. Two things that covid imho have changed for the better is having a larger PS squad and the new IR rules. I think it is better not to be so strict in those two areas.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I couldn't see another place to put this so I'll say it here. Two things that covid imho have changed for the better is having a larger PS squad and the new IR rules. I think it is better not to be so strict in those two areas.
I think that it is an even better compromise than a 60 man roster. With the added 17th game and Covid, having 69 guys that are familiar with your playbook and should be ready at a moments notice to play, is a must. Only paying 16 of them PS money also saves a bit on the cap.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I think it is because EQ was drafted. Not sure, but I like Begelton better.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tyni- Yiadom- that would have meant our 6th CB was not on the team yet. Only surprise to me is no Uphoff. I liked him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Anyone notice Gute trading Holman to the Texans for a 7th round pick back in August and he didn't even make the Texans roster. Gute picks up a "free" pick for a guy that wasn't going to make the team anyway. Appears Holman wasn't even resigned to the Texans PS.

Also, in exploring that I noticed the Texans had signed former Packer G Lane Taylor back in April and he also was cut, but resigned to the PS.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone notice Gute trading Holman to the Texans for a 7th round pick back in August and he didn't even make the Texans roster. Gute picks up a "free" pick for a guy that wasn't going to make the team anyway. Appears Holman wasn't even resigned to the Texans PS.

Also, in exploring that I noticed the Texans had signed former Packer G Lane Taylor back in April and he also was cut, but resigned to the PS.

Like I've said essentially we traded Hollman (got a 7th) for Cobb (cost a 6th) really...

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't know if it is a good sign or a bad sign that none of the players that the Packers cut on Tuesday have been signed by other teams. Including JK Scott, Begelton, Juice Williams and a favorite of many posters, Christian Uphoff.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think Dexter lands somewhere on a PS after a workout somewhere. He is a decent depth reserve RB

Members online

Latest posts