1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Post game thread: Packers shutout Vikings.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by all about da packers, Nov 11, 2007.

1. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    And we beat the Giants a lot more handily than the Cowboys did on that same field. I generally hate playing that transitive property game, but how he could say that the Cowboys are that much better than we are is a serious joke. Good thing this isn't college so his opinion really means sweet F*** all.

2. DarkaneRules

DarkaneRules Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the way Troy calls game. He gives GB its due credit I think, but let's be real here, he did play for the Cowboys and he was announcing a cowboy game so hey... he is sort of "supposed" to butter up the victor a little :)

3. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i guess.....but " a league of their own......" that was a little much, i mean id say their 4rd or fourth best team in the league, aikman was making it sound like they are just behind new england for the best team.... thought it was a little ridiculous myself

4. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He is a former Cowboy. He's going to have bias towards them whether or not he shouldn't. I don't think their in a league of their own. I think the Pack match up pretty well with Dallas actually.

5. Rios39

Rios39 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Cowboys are going down. When we play them our defense will show Owens how Peterson and Larry Johnson feel right now.

6. vechenzo

vechenzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    A complete game!

Well, for the first time this season i would say that we played a complete game and didnt lack in any part. All cylinders were going today and we showed what we can do. Granted it was only minnesota, but divisional games are tough no matter what the opponents record is. The run game was great, the pass game was great, the defense shut them down, no stupid penalties, special teams was good... jus a superb game! now we can celebrate folks, we left none to be wondered, we put it all out there!

7. brennan1884

brennan1884 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: A complete game!

im happy as well.....but im not celebrating untul the division is locked up, and the Packers have clinched a playoff birth.....

but this was a big step for the packer nation and the team as well

8. cyoung

cyoung Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Green Bay and Dallas I think is going to be a good game. If Green Bay can keep passing the ball well, if Favre can stay away from interceptions, Defense stays consistant, and the running game decides to show up (like against Minny and Denver) I think Green Bay can win. If those things cant come into play, then I think it might get ugly, Dallas is a good team...as much as I hate to say it.

9. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994

I know it was ONLY Minnesota, but I was expecting a much tougher game..

2 weeks in a row the Pack had 2 VERY HARD games on the ROAD..didnt expect them to look so fresh, and in sync

10. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Everyone in the stadium got super quiet when he went down, and when he got up, everybody in the stadium clapped when he walked off the field. he gave us a thumbs up. The game is about fun and competition, not about hoping the other team's super-star gets hurt. nobody wants to win like that. i hope he's not seriously injured, not because i want him to beat up on the bears and lions and cowboys. because injuries just plain suck.

11. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I note on the Cowboys game...

The Packers will have something like 9 days to prepare for the Cowboys, since they play on the Thursday the week before against the Lions.

That should gave our coaches plenty of time to game plan, and give our players a couple of extra days of rest. :D

12. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,994
    Getting ahead of myself, but this is looking to be the BIGGEST game for the Packers in ages..( just cuz there are 2 games to go b4 the Dallas game)

One of the biggest knocks was no running game for the Pack..The last 2 games Grant has played in ( full game) he had over 100 yards..and after yesterday it "looks" like the team has a good grasp on what its going to take to make an effective rushing attack..

As long as they can have an effective rushing game vs Dallas, its going to be an AWESOME game...I wouldnt expect them to get blown out and dont expect them to blow out Dallas.

just hope they can contain that TE over there

13. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    Actually, we play the Cowboys on November 29. It's a Thursday night game, exactly one week after Thanksgiving. And it's ONLY on NFLN, so i'll be watching that one at the bar

14. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

In the NFL on any given Sunday, you'd be in your best interest not to discount ANY team. Vikings can beat just about anyone with AP, if AP is on that day. I won't overlook the Vikings. They have sick DTs, a solid MLB, and AP.

15. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Yeah....me too. I was expecting more "Backstreet Boys" then "In Sync".

16. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

:eek: No f'n way.

Damn, I got an exam that Thursday. :doh:

17. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    GB plays 3 games within 11 days.

18. cheesey