Post game thread: Packers shutout Vikings.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
sharper needs to say he SUCKS!!!

I am SHOCKED they ran as well as they did..

I think it is a combo of the line finally finding a way to run block better and Grant being a diamond in the ruff..

The ENTIRE team showed up and we saw them work like a fine tuned machine

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The last td had me laughing out loud.

Darren Sharper will never be heard from again.

8 and 1!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats 12 and 1 in the last 13 games.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-1

Run game showed up
Pass game showed up
Death Squad showed up
Special Teams showed up

8-1

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was our finest game of the season and the first time where I thought we looked like a legitimate 8-1 team. If the run game comes together, this team could be very tough to beat by even the best teams.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
8-1, the Packers played the best complete game of this year.

I'd like to see what Sharper has to say right about now... :D
Sorry.........he can't talk right now..........the doctors are trying to remove his FOOT from his mouth!!! :lol:

V

Vikeman

Good game today Packer Players...I actually hope you guys make it to the superbowl so you can beat up on the Patriots. Your team is much better then the Patriots or Colts. You should dominate them!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey.....did anyone else wonder.........why didn't the Vikings let Longwell try a FG at the end, instead of going for a first down? It would have been a 45 yard attempt, but makeavle. It could have stopped the shutout.
Don't get me wrong........I'm glad they didn't!!!
I just thought it was another of "Mr. Burns" blunders!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Several things:
1) the OL finally opened up some holes. They're no longer in my doghouse, and the best part of it is they opened up some holes against one of the NFC's top run D.
2) Ryan Grant looked spectacular. He did what an RB was supposed to do, get lots of yards, chew up the clock, and wear down the opposing D
3) Favre spread the ball around perfectly. I think it's an important distinction between the Packers and other teams. You have a collection of superstars, and you have teams. I'll take a team any day of the week.
4) Our D. Wow! Just, wow!

LambeauEast

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unfortunately Fox licks balls so I didn't get to see Sharper and the other guy do their keystone cops impression, but WOW...8-1!!!!!!

I was hoping for a blowout and got it, but almost wished it had been a lil closer so Fox wouldn't have switched to the game I could have seen on TV anyway, GRRRR!

Nahhhhh, I'll take the shutout OWNAGE anytime!!!!!

V

Vikeman

Hey.....did anyone else wonder.........why didn't the Vikings let Longwell try a FG at the end, instead of going for a first down? It would have been a 45 yard attempt, but makeavle. It could have stopped the shutout.

Cheesey who cares about a shutout? If Longwell would have went down there just to score 3 pointless points it would have made the Vikings look even more dumb today (if that's possible). You play the game full throttle...not like a lil b*tch scoring 3 points.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I was thinking the same thing. Longwell would have made it.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good game today Packer Players...I actually hope you guys make it to the superbowl so you can beat up on the Patriots. Your team is much better then the Patriots or Colts. You should dominate them!

Thanks Vikeman. Yeah, I used to think the Pats were unstoppable, but now I'm thinking we can take them.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CLASSY response Vikeman! VERY classy! :thumbsup:

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one should be happy with Peterson injury. Not only is it really classless to be happy about a player getting hurt, you're forgetting that we are done with AP until next season (thank God) and that Detroit, the Gians and, I think the Cowgirls, have to face him again this year. We should be hoping those teams lose as much as possible and it's a lot more likely if AP is playing.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:

Cheesey who cares about a shutout? If Longwell would have went down there just to score 3 pointless points it would have made the Vikings look even more dumb today (if that's possible). You play the game full throttle...not like a lil b*tch scoring 3 points.
I think about 99.9% of teams care about a shutout. The last time it happened to the Vikings i believe was 1990 or 91. You think these players want to have that laid on them? If you think that way, why even bother trying for a first down? Your down 34-0 anyway, what difference would a touchdown have made? It would be just 7 pointless points, right?
You see my logic?

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think it should be too serious though with AP. Here is hoping because I like watching him break out in huge runs as long as it is against another team.

but yeah 8-1 woohoo.

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You could see the packer fans standing and clapping when Peterson got to his feet.

I am glad it wasn't a serious injury. You never want to see a player injured and as has been said the vikes can do us some favours in the coming weeks so I hope peterson is fit and ready for the rest of the season.

Members online

Latest posts