Packers vs Giants Game Thread: It's too early for this shift edition

Reaction score
Today, the New York Football Giants were the better.

The played harder, the executed, and... they... ADJUSTED!!!

I'm publically now questioning whether MFL is the offensive guru he was proclaimed to be.

I think he was a good hire, but this guy doesn't seem to understand the importance of the moment.

This was a game that should've been won.

I see NY Coach Fatty Dabol hyping his team.

I see Barkley doing angry runs out the tunnel after an injury scare.

I see Daniel Jones gutting and fighting for everything.

I don't see the same from MLF.

I don't see the same from Green Bay's best player Aaron Rodgers.

I waited a couple hours to calm down, but I'm still upset.

There are no excuses for today's loss.

Green Bay not only needs a scheme adjustment (run the damn ball), but...

The Packers need to adjust their competitive fire!!!

Ayahuasca Rodgers grinning after a bad L...what?!!!

"DO you really want to win, or look good losing?"
Well. It’s true you could kinda sense their energy vs. ours and it was like watching a train wreck in slo mo that entire second half.

I’m going to call it like I watched it and say we were not prepared and I seriously think we think we are better than we are. We were massive favorites and we just got punked

As far as us going into game with our QB saying “we’re going to put on a show” attitude I heard Rodgers say? A show?? Like the best show on turf??
This isn’t a circus we are putting on with clowns and cotton candy or a charity music concert or kids bounce house event with Carmel apples. Quit acting so nonchalant. When Aaron Rodgers puts a couple back to back 40 Burgers or plays like The Longhorns did this weekend over the Sooners? That’s a show.

This was a show all right. A SS show

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. A first time starter who has only ever looked bad when he’s played is NOT going to look better in an offense that is relying on Rodgers to power the offense. Any thoughts otherwise are known as hallucinations.
Maybe you hit on the problem? This offense shouldn't rely on AR to power it. AR should be playing within the system and running the plays called, not audibling into pass plays to show-off his knowledge & arm. Almost every poster in this forum and the coaching staff said all training camp that the success of the offense would flow through the running game and using Jones and Dillon both on the ground & receiving. How has MLF stuck to that plan? He's the play caller, yet the running game & backs are invisible in most 2nd half's as AR thinks he needs to "power this offense". MLF needs to call the plays, and AR (or Love?) needs to run those plays to keep the RB's powering this offense and opening up the occasional pass.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe you hit on the problem? This offense shouldn't rely on AR to power it. AR should be playing within the system and running the plays called, not audibling into pass plays to show-off his knowledge & arm. Almost every poster in this forum and the coaching staff said all training camp that the success of the offense would flow through the running game and using Jones and Dillon both on the ground & receiving. How has MLF stuck to that plan? He's the play caller, yet the running game & backs are invisible in most 2nd half's as AR thinks he needs to "power this offense". MLF needs to call the plays, and AR (or Love?) needs to run those plays to keep the RB's powering this offense and opening up the occasional pass.
Agreed. Especially at the end, I think AR called an audible out of the call on 3rd and 2. Big mistake. They have to get 2 yards with two tries.

Love, though, is not an option. The 4th round rookie in NE did more today in his first start than Love has done in three years.

I think you're suggesting that if AR won't hand the ball off, Love will. Agreed. Stick with ARod, but MLF has to enforce the law with him.

Last edited:

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo. And guess what? The run game will pay dividends if they were to ever get home field again. Slinging it around in cold weather just isn't a great recipe for success. I thought that was the type of offense ML was gonna have with this team. Hoping this butt whooping will refocus him but, at this level, the HC egos, might be a hinderance.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bingo. And guess what? The run game will pay dividends if they were to ever get home field again. Slinging it around in cold weather just isn't a great recipe for success. I thought that was the type of offense ML was gonna have with this team. Hoping this butt whooping will refocus him but, at this level, the HC egos, might be a hinderance.
MLF talks a good game, but he's repeating himself. "We have to run more." Ugh, call more runs. pass/rush was 2/1 today approx. And tell MLF and AR that Adams is playing in Vegas now. And maybe try two runs on 3rd and 2 inside the 10 when you have a stud like Dillon. Is it that easy?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now it's way too late.
I got up too early for a Sunday. My memory is fading.

Did Rodgers, the Rodgers I've been watching these last 5 games, really win the last two NFL MVP awards? Where has that guy gone? Not the guy who threw dimes to real receivers but the guy who could manage, and win winnable games. Where'd he go? Does he know he has probably the best RB combo in the NFL? I'm confused.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Did Rodgers, the Rodgers I've been watching these last 5 games, really win the last two NFL MVP awards? Where has that guy gone? Not the guy who threw dimes to real receivers but the guy who could manage, and win winnable games. Where'd he go? Does he know he has probably the best RB combo in the NFL? I'm confused.
I don't know how much is on him, but I've seen more bad throws from Rogers in these first five games then you'll usually see in an entire season.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much is on him, but I've seen more bad throws from Rogers in these first five games then you'll usually see in an entire season.
Especially those last 2. I swear, there's no way he didn't see those players in the lanes. They were literally in mid air, in his face. Very perplexing decision and throws.

Reaction score
Especially those last 2. I swear, there's no way he didn't see those players in the lanes. They were literally in mid air, in his face. Very perplexing decision and throws.
#12 threw a pass into the helmet of the guy directly 5 feet in front of him. How do you miss a guy who’s head is The size of a beach ball.

We played a decent first half. It was like we were daydreaming throughout the second half and thought the Giants would give up. We need better energy coming out of that lock room.

Last edited:

Big L

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Today, the New York Football Giants were the better.

The played harder, the executed, and... they... ADJUSTED!!!

I'm publically now questioning whether MFL is the offensive guru he was proclaimed to be.

I think he was a good hire, but this guy doesn't seem to understand the importance of the moment.

This was a game that should've been won.

I see NY Coach Fatty Dabol hyping his team.

I see Barkley doing angry runs out the tunnel after an injury scare.

I see Daniel Jones gutting and fighting for everything.

I don't see the same from MLF.

I don't see the same from Green Bay's best player Aaron Rodgers.

I waited a couple hours to calm down, but I'm still upset.

There are no excuses for today's loss.

Green Bay not only needs a scheme adjustment (run the damn ball), but...

The Packers need to adjust their competitive fire!!!

Ayahuasca Rodgers grinning after a bad L...what?!!!

"DO you really want to win, or look good losing?"
That grin on his face about a minute after that horrific loss p***** me off more then anything!

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly right. And what is ****ing maddening is to hear MLF drone on in his pressers about needing to run the ball more. He calls the ****ing plays! I know ARod will audible from run to pass, but not that much. The loss was entirely self inflicted.
I don't think it's as easy as just "running the ball more." The game situation dictates what is best to call and it is not always run more. But not running (with Jones) at 3rd and 2 to tie the game was a really lousy call. Maybe Rodgers changed it but those two passes he threw, especially the first one, was pitiful.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Opponents work hard for that very reason. Your team, your name is on the radar. Someone despite adversity is always ready to knock you off your pedestal. That is why you must not only be ready but never assume you are infallible no matter how talented you may be. Lombardi was always harder on his teams after weeks they won instead of defeat. He always asked himself how did he have to get these guys hungry enough. I do not wish to say it is Rodgers or all Rodgers. I think the supporting cast is good but not great but is lacking. So you have to play with who you have. Adjust your offensive scheme. We have guys who can certainly bust it on the ground. But they need a supporting cast as well. If teams are going to stack the box to stop the run whether it is at midfield or the goal line get a FB. One who can run, catch, and block. If need be throw a Refrigerator Perry in there. Give the defense something else to worry about. Right now they know what is coming.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think it's as easy as just "running the ball more." The game situation dictates what is best to call and it is not always run more. But not running (with Jones) at 3rd and 2 to tie the game was a really lousy call. Maybe Rodgers changed it but those two passes he threw, especially the first one, was pitiful.
I hardly think ANY game situation best calls for 3 long passes in a row, burning an entire 9 seconds of play clock of a tied 4th quarter game. Pure idiocy by MLF and/or AR to think that's the only or best play call option at that point. To compound the idiocy was the 3rd & 2 multiple pass attempts... needed to burn more clock AND totally "forgot" about using either AJ.

A smart coach/quarterback would've run BOTH 3rd & 4th down to get the 1st, and then come back with ALL running plays until punching it in for 6. Had time outs to burn as well as clock.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought running the ball there would have been the better play as well

At least on 3rd and 2 to get the first. Then run your offense

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I think there's a lot of blame to go around. It's not just Rodgers and they'd be lucky to be 1-4 without him.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hardly think ANY game situation best calls for 3 long passes in a row, burning an entire 9 seconds of play clock of a tied 4th quarter game. Pure idiocy by MLF and/or AR to think that's the only or best play call option at that point. To compound the idiocy was the 3rd & 2 multiple pass attempts... needed to burn more clock AND totally "forgot" about using either AJ.

A smart coach/quarterback would've run BOTH 3rd & 4th down to get the 1st, and then come back with ALL running plays until punching it in for 6. Had time outs to burn as well as clock.
And isn't that exactly what we heard in the off season? This will be a run team with shorter passes, the occasional long pass to keep defenses honest, and a stout D. They got away from it earlier this season, but ahead 20-10, there was NO reason to abandon the run. Terrible de vision making.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Opponents work hard for that very reason. Your team, your name is on the radar. Someone despite adversity is always ready to knock you off your pedestal. That is why you must not only be ready but never assume you are infallible no matter how talented you may be. Lombardi was always harder on his teams after weeks they won instead of defeat. He always asked himself how did he have to get these guys hungry enough. I do not wish to say it is Rodgers or all Rodgers. I think the supporting cast is good but not great but is lacking. So you have to play with who you have. Adjust your offensive scheme. We have guys who can certainly bust it on the ground. But they need a supporting cast as well. If teams are going to stack the box to stop the run whether it is at midfield or the goal line get a FB. One who can run, catch, and block. If need be throw a Refrigerator Perry in there. Give the defense something else to worry about. Right now they know what is coming.
That's true, and my criticism of Rodgers was overstated just out of frustration. I don't like to think MLF is afraid to get away from the run because an opponent is loading the box. Then you add a DL or a TE and out muscle your opponent. The Giants had, I think, the 26th rated run defense after 4 weeks. As for a FB, good idea. I thought DeGuarra filled that role. I don't think he's had any carries. But they don't call Dillon Quadzilla for nothing. Use him.

Sp the three long and incomplete passes with the score tied were weird. And the two pass plays near the goal line on 3rd and two were also weird, and reminiscent of the playoff loss to the Niners.

This is a talented team in need of better coaching. Well, can't change horses midstream, so let's say better coaching. And please Joe Barry, start playing man instead of zone. There are three athletic corners on the D. Make the offense beat them one-on-one.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. The runs still need to be based on what the D is showing. It's not as simple as "run more".

And yeah, 3rd and two inside the 10.... Just run it twice. They know it's coming but that's why there are big guys on the OL and guys like Dillon with legs like tree trunks.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's true, and my criticism of Rodgers was overstated just out of frustration. I don't like to think MLF is afraid to get away from the run because an opponent is loading the box. Then you add a DL or a TE and out muscle your opponent. The Giants had, I think, the 26th rated run defense after 4 weeks. As for a FB, good idea. I thought DeGuarra filled that role. I don't think he's had any carries. But they don't call Dillon Quadzilla for nothing. Use him.

Sp the three long and incomplete passes with the score tied were weird. And the two pass plays near the goal line on 3rd and two were also weird, and reminiscent of the playoff loss to the Niners.

This is a talented team in need of better coaching. Well, can't change horses midstream, so let's say better coaching. And please Joe Barry, start playing man instead of zone. There are three athletic corners on the D. Make the offense beat them one-on-one.
I agree. You can use a TE as a FB but unless that TE has the ability to take a handful without fumbling the defense will never believe he will get the ball. And if it was to be DeGuarra or someone else that is something MLF should have been practicing in preseason or minis. How many times did Rodgers hand the ball to John Kuhn as the up back when the defense believed he was blocking for Lacy, Starks, or Ryan Grant. Did not always work but many times it got a first down or picked up vital yards. The point is that the versatility of the FB in those situations gave even good defenses something else to worry about. What we saw in the last drive was reminiscent of that Eagle MNF game in 2019 and that Cardinal game last season. Adams was out of the lineup both times and the D was ready for us.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree. You can use a TE as a FB but unless that TE has the ability to take a handful without fumbling the defense will never believe he will get the ball. And if it was to be DeGuarra or someone else that is something MLF should have been practicing in preseason or minis. How many times did Rodgers hand the ball to John Kuhn as the up back when the defense believed he was blocking for Lacy, Starks, or Ryan Grant. Did not always work but many times it got a first down or picked up vital yards. The point is that the versatility of the FB in those situations gave even good defenses something else to worry about. What we saw in the last drive was reminiscent of that Eagle MNF game in 2019 and that Cardinal game last season. Adams was out of the lineup both times and the D was ready for us.
Yeah I don't think DeGuarra is a real FB, no matter how he's described. He actually looked pretty good as a receiving TE yesterday on the few catches he had.

This is all fixable with better pass/run balance. But it shouldn't need to be fixed. Adams and MVS are gone and this is a run first team. Rodgers might not like that, but that's how they'll win.

Reaction score
I thought running the ball there would have been the better play as well

At least on 3rd and 2 to get the first. Then run your offense
Agreed. Here it is and the Giants just stopped the clock and this had called their 1st Timeout here. I wonder why??
Keep in mind, We have 2 Timeouts here and at best can get off 6 chances if the first 2 pick up that 2 yards.
Stopping the clock here is the worst thing you can do because it saves them Timeouts for a 1 minute offense. They need 1 for the kicking team ~:)16 sec saved) If we score an immediate TD here you leave 1:05 on the clock and them with 2 Timeouts!!! It’s almost like they sent Jon Runyon and early Christmas present. If that hole was any bigger you’d fall in it!

I want you to be AJ Dillon here. Can you pick up at least 1-2 yards here or not??
Also look closer… What OL would you run towards in this scenario?????
LT? LG? C? RG? RT?
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Other teams use 6 olinemen to run the ball. Why wouldn't they even try that..make Caleb Jones active..use him as short yardage fb!!