Packers vs Giants Game Thread: It's too early for this shift edition

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Love would look like @$$ and then the 2020 draft would officially be garbage; by not playing it still gives some fans hope.
Pure conjecture. AR is making poor decisions launching bombs on 3rd & _... and is possibly responsible for the 2 failed pass play decisions at the goal line. How much better could this offense be if the head coach actually called the plays and used sound football knowledge & tendencies while doing so? Pretty sure Love handing off to Dillon & Jones from the 6 would've had better results that AR throwing incomplete.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what we're gonna hear from MLF? "We shoulda run the ball more." Ugh, Matt. You call the plays.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pure conjecture. AR is making poor decisions launching bombs on 3rd & _... and is possibly responsible for the 2 failed pass play decisions at the goal line. How much better could this offense be if the head coach actually called the plays and used sound football knowledge & tendencies while doing so? Pretty sure Love handing off to Dillon & Jones from the 6 would've had better results that AR throwing incomplete.
I agree. It's just hard to believe AR would audible out. But it sure looked like he did when he tugged at his right shoulder.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No. A first time starter who has only ever looked bad when he’s played is NOT going to look better in an offense that is relying on Rodgers to power the offense. Any thoughts otherwise are known as hallucinations.

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what we're gonna hear from MLF? "We shoulda run the ball more." Ugh, Matt. You call the plays.
Yeah. It's wearing thin with that in the pressers. Not sure if he's trying to fall on the sword for plays changed at the line or what but, he's the HC. 3 and 2, in 4 down territory and you can't hammer that in for a 1st? No need to grab a TD there if it's not there. Get the 1st and live a few more downs. I just can't take the coach speak.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beginning to think this is not a very good coaching staff. Without AR they would be lucky to have 1 win. AR and Devante covered up a lot of bad coaching. IDK Their OL blocking is all about going sideways and then getting to the next level(where most of the time they miss their guy cuz he moved. Thats what walk through football gets you.) MLF says they crowded the box so we went to the pass. You think that stopped the Giants offense? Hell no. They fired off the ball and blew the Packer D line into the endzone with a no name back easily scoring. MLF has no confidence his OL can do that because that is not how they are coached. It's all sideways. So they pass. Berry? Anybody.....any high school coach can coach a play deep vanilla zone defense. This regime in its current coaching state will not win a Super Bowl. Not good enough to keep getting out coached and making backup and injured QBs all-world.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. It's wearing thin with that in the pressers. Not sure if he's trying to fall on the sword for plays changed at the line or what but, he's the HC. 3 and 2, in 4 down territory and you can't hammer that in for a 1st? No need to grab a TD there if it's not there. Get the 1st and live a few more downs. I just can't take the coach speak.
Yeah I mean the stats tell it all. 39 pass attempts and 19 runs. Rodgers can’t be calling that many audibles, although he’s been off all year on long throws. That could also be the rookie wide outs running wrong routes.

When you have backs as good as Jones and Dillon, pass/run ratio should be 1 or close to it. But damn the D looked bad. Three penalties on Douglas alone. Shake it off I guess. Just a hard loss to take.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beginning to think this is not a very good coaching staff. Without AR they would be lucky to have 1 win. AR and Devante covered up a lot of bad coaching. IDK Their OL blocking is all about going sideways and then getting to the next level(where most of the time they miss their guy cuz he moved. Thats what walk through football gets you.) MLF says they crowded the box so we went to the pass. You think that stopped the Giants offense? Hell no. They fired off the ball and blew the Packer D line into the endzone with a no name back easily scoring. MLF has no confidence his OL can do that because that is not how they are coached. It's all sideways. So they pass. Berry? Anybody.....any high school coach can coach a play deep vanilla zone defense. This regime in its current coaching state will not win a Super Bowl. Not good enough to keep getting out coached and making backup and injured QBs all-world.
I don’t get why they play zone, period. They have athletic corners. Play man. Well, they don’t pay me enough to coach and I’m retired anyway. ****in eh.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Realistically, this is a league with very few real good football teams. Most so called experts had the Packers as the 4th or 5th best team in league after last week as inconsistent as they were. That says more about the league then about the Packers.

There are no A teams in the NFL, a few A- teams maybe. You can’t be as inconsistent as the Packers have been, and be anything more then a B / B- ball club as compared to the rest of the league.

The Giants were the better ball club today, and maybe just better - not sure

Today, the New York Football Giants were the better.

The played harder, the executed, and... they... ADJUSTED!!!

I'm publically now questioning whether MFL is the offensive guru he was proclaimed to be.

I think he was a good hire, but this guy doesn't seem to understand the importance of the moment.

This was a game that should've been won.

I see NY Coach Fatty Dabol hyping his team.

I see Barkley doing angry runs out the tunnel after an injury scare.

I see Daniel Jones gutting and fighting for everything.

I don't see the same from MLF.

I don't see the same from Green Bay's best player Aaron Rodgers.

I waited a couple hours to calm down, but I'm still upset.

There are no excuses for today's loss.

Green Bay not only needs a scheme adjustment (run the damn ball), but...

The Packers need to adjust their competitive fire!!!

Ayahuasca Rodgers grinning after a bad L...what?!!!

"DO you really want to win, or look good losing?"

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm publically now questioning whether MFL is the offensive guru he was proclaimed to be.

I think he was a good hire, but this guy doesn't seem to understand the importance of the moment.

I hear you ,but to me it's all on the coaching and schemes. w/O AR I think they would be lucky to be 1-4.

I hear you, but I think its starting to show this is coaching. Without AR lucky to be 1-4.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No. A first time starter who has only ever looked bad when he’s played is NOT going to look better in an offense that is relying on Rodgers to power the offense. Any thoughts otherwise are known as hallucinations.

Must be a bad batch of Ayahusasca going around...

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder myself. At some point, it does become about the staff. I like the culture and change ML has brought, but we won't know what we got until he doesn't have AR at the QB position. I have no faith in Barry's D. I'm not losing faith in ML yet but we'll see how this season plays out.

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

MLF is very good. His clock management is off at times and he should run the ball more but overall his offensive system is top-notch. He's getting much of the blame right now that should be directed at Gute, only so much you can scheme in an offense that has players who can only make plays within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

Barry was always a terrible hire that made no sense and the team should move on from him at the end of the year and look for an up-and-comer that hasn't crapped the bed everywhere else he's been.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barry was always a terrible hire that made no sense and the team should move on from him at the end of the year and look for an up-and-comer that hasn't crapped the bed everywhere else he's been.
If Barry doesn't turn it around quickly and also show he can adjust...why wait?

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Barry doesn't turn it around quickly and also show he can adjust...why wait?

Because an intern DC isn't going to help, mid-season changes at coordinator don't accomplish much other than increase confusion. Plus, in-season generally means much less time to actually conduct a search on a good option at DC. Packers pissed this season away with the 2020 draft, no sense wasting more chances in the future on a poor process looking for a coach.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could it be like the Badgers? You don't like the direction the D is going, do you wait? But today you could say the same about the offense in the 2nd half. Putrid.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate to say it but I'm starting to wonder myself. At some point, it does become about the staff. I like the culture and change ML has brought, but we won't know what we got until he doesn't have AR at the QB position. I have no faith in Barry's D. I'm not losing faith in ML yet but we'll see how this season plays out.
Well put Budman. I don't get why Barry runs a zone scheme when he has two and probably three very athletic corners. Play man. Weak secondaries play zone to minimize the damage. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they fired him and put someone there who can coach. He was with the 0-16 Jags last, right?

It's not time to panic though. A lot of this loss was self inflicted. 39 pass attempts, 19 runs. They should be equal. That last goal line stand was reminiscent of the playoff loss to the Niners. But today both Jones and Dillon were healthy. 3rd down, inside the 10 w 2 yards for a first, 6 yards for a TD. Run the ball twice. Mano y Mano. It's frustrating but fixable.

Reaction score
Yeah I mean the stats tell it all. 39 pass attempts and 19 runs. Rodgers can’t be calling that many audibles, although he’s been off all year on long throws. That could also be the rookie wide outs running wrong routes.

When you have backs as good as Jones and Dillon, pass/run ratio should be 1 or close to it. But damn the D looked bad. Three penalties on Douglas alone. Shake it off I guess. Just a hard loss to take.
Yeah. MLF just said that 2 weeks ago? I’m not suggesting 2:1 Run to Pass. But when your up 10 points and averaging 5.0 per?
I’d Run it until NY’s 26th rated Run Defense can stop you on 3 consecutive drives with zero success. Also Give your Defense a breather they looked wiped out.
I would taken several of those 25+ throwaways and run 3-4 more times. The forcing the pass thing was obviously not working. Why beat it to death?

We averaged 3.6 yards per pass attempt and kept stopping the clock while winning? What in the world?! GB averaged 4.7 per run play. It was really 5.0 per excluding that -3 end around. Do you want 3.6 or 5.0??
That mix should’ve been 31 Rushes 30 passes.

Then when we are 4 down territory we need 1.5 yards for a first down to move inside the 4.5 yard line to go with timeouts if needed. 4 more tries! You’ve got 1:11 on the clock and all your timeouts for the tie. Do you want to purposely score quickly and hand them the ball back with a 1:05 and 2 Timeouts?? Hmmm we throw it TWICE and stop the clock both times (and almost turn the ball over) This isn’t 7th grade football

Last edited:

JoePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why: Is Murphy still there? All starts at the top
Are our receivers covered and the giants wide open?
Do we continue to do well in the 1st half and look like a deer in headlights the 2nd half, even with McCarthy.
Was MLF hired? I didn't like it and he will never win a SB as a head coach.
Do we have so many "nice guys".
AR's head has gotten to large. Don't see passion for the game, just trying to be the hero and blaming everyone else except himself for not getting the job done.
SF and Giants own the Packers.
Oh well, I'm always a Packer fan but really losing patience, between BF and AR with only 2 SB's says something and it's not being addressed.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah. MLF just said that 2 weeks ago? I’m not suggesting 2:1 Run to Pass. But when your up 10 points and averaging 5.0 per?
I’d Run it until NY’s 26th rated Run Defense can stop you on 3 consecutive drives with zero success. Also Give your Defense a breather they looked wiped out.
I would taken several of those 25+ throwaways and run 3-4 more times. The forcing the pass thing was obviously not working. Why beat it to death?

We averaged 3.6 yards per pass play! But 4.7 per run play. It was really 5.0 per excluding that -3 end around. Do you want 3.6 or 5.0??
That mix should’ve been 32 Rushes 30 passes.
Exactly right. And what is ****ing maddening is to hear MLF drone on in his pressers about needing to run the ball more. He calls the ****ing plays! I know ARod will audible from run to pass, but not that much. The loss was entirely self inflicted.

Reaction score
Exactly right. And what is ****ing maddening is to hear MLF drone on in his pressers about needing to run the ball more. He calls the ****ing plays! I know ARod will audible from run to pass, but not that much. The loss was entirely self inflicted.
If I’m Matt, Just don’t keep saying we shouldn’t do something and then 2 games later reverting back to it. Our Running game/Passes To that group should be a more significant portion of our game plan. Especially early into this year. That’s just fundamental stuff. Unless it’s just not working, then turn the faucet to a trickle. It’s almost like we’re trying to prove we’re something we’re not.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I’m Matt, Just don’t keep saying we shouldn’t do something and then 2 games later reverting back to it. Our Running game should be a more significant portion of our game plan. Especially early into this year. That’s just result fundamental stuff. It’s almost like we’re trying to prove we’re something we’re not.
Or they're still trying to be the team they were when Adams was here. All off season we heard - without Adams and MVS and a largely unproven WR group, GB will focus on the run and an even better D.

Haven't seen much of that and it's on MLF to fix it.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MLF is very good. His clock management is off at times and he should run the ball more but overall his offensive system is top-notch. He's getting much of the blame right now that should be directed at Gute, only so much you can scheme in an offense that has players who can only make plays within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I hear you, but that's what the Giants did today. The Packers stayed in 2 deep the whole game and the Giants never threw deep the whole game. Coaching 101- know your talent.