Packers-Vikings

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to Packers kicking the crap out of the Vikings Sunday night. And yes I expect that. Anything less and I would be disappointed in the Packers.

1. Josh Robinson. Rodgers will pick on this kid all night. I expect toe see him give up at least 2 TD's.
2. Peterson's Hammy. He seems to be thinking about it and that is affecting his running.
3. Vikings O-line. Has been a sieve in pass blocking, and as good as it was last year in run blocking, it sucks this year.
4. Walsh is hurting so don't expect any 50+ yard FG attempts.
5. Defensive line. Not stopping the run like in the past. Expect a 100 yard rusher from the Packers.
6. Ponder is playing QB. If none of the first 5 don't convince you, this one should.

Packer 45, Vikings 10. Rodgers will be on the bench in the 4th quarter.

I adjust that down slightly because

7. Too many injuries for the Packers.

That's going to have an effect.

I think 2. may be critical. If AP's hammy is bothering him and it's affecting his play, that's the game right there for me.

6. Won't be that bad because Ponder has one last chance to fight for his starting job. I expect him to play better, at least for the 1st half. If the Packers on into the locker room at halftime with a lead and the Vikes offense is sputtering, the second half will most likely get downright ugly with GB breezing to a victory.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

At least these are winners ;)

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
The Minnesota snowboard park, it's where fear is not a consideration and can only be viewed from your TV on pay per view. :eek:

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Here is a bit of Arod info that I didn't know and found interesting:

Rodgers has a career passer rating of 116.4 against the Vikings, connecting on 232-of-328 passes (70.7 percent) for 2,840 yards and 24 TDs with only four INTs. The 116.4 rating is No.1 in NFL history for any QB against a single opponent.

This one is too easy for the Packers.

Sports Network Predicted Outcome: Packers 34, Vikings 10

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers has a career passer rating of 116.4 against the Vikings, connecting on 232-of-328 passes (70.7 percent) for 2,840 yards and 24 TDs with only four INTs. The 116.4 rating is No.1 in NFL history for any QB against a single opponent.

and those stats were compiled against some halfway decent defenses. Something this years team is not.

I'm actually looking for Lacy to have a big game Sunday night. The Vikings DB's have always been good tacklers, especially Winfield and the safety, Harrison Smith. Winfield's gone now and Smith is out with an injury. I wouldn't be surprised to see Lacy look Petersonesque and break off some big gainers if he can get to the second level.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's not forget the end of the Brown's game. With a full quarter or so left in the game, Finley was injured. Aaron Rodgers successfully moved the ball down the field TWICE for touchdowns after Finley left the game. Boykin started doing Donald Driver impersonations, catching the ball and making good yards after the catch.

The Vikings defense is nothing like the Browns defense and we did fine without Finley. Of course, having Finley/Jones/Cobb makes the offense better but we still seem capable of scoring without him. I suppose we did it just fine in 2010 as well.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Keys to Packers kicking the crap out of the Vikings Sunday night. And yes I expect that. Anything less and I would be disappointed in the Packers.

1. Josh Robinson. Rodgers will pick on this kid all night. I expect toe see him give up at least 2 TD's.
2. Peterson's Hammy. He seems to be thinking about it and that is affecting his running.
3. Vikings O-line. Has been a sieve in pass blocking, and as good as it was last year in run blocking, it sucks this year.
4. Walsh is hurting so don't expect any 50+ yard FG attempts.
5. Defensive line. Not stopping the run like in the past. Expect a 100 yard rusher from the Packers.
6. Ponder is playing QB. If none of the first 5 don't convince you, this one should.

Packer 45, Vikings 10. Rodgers will be on the bench in the 4th quarter.

I'd bet that Ponder plays the game of his life. Vikings kick it up and make a game of it. This is the Vikings and Packers. There will be no a** kicking going on.

Now...did Jared Allen really encourage his team to "Embrace the Suck"??? Jeeeeezuzzzzz... that's funny.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/17/jared-allen-wants-his-teammates-to-embrace-the-suck/

Hjalmar Davidson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would expect a similar approach as last week. McCarthy will try to start quick, get a lead, then establish the running game and make Ponder try to win the game with his arm. Ponder won't get it done. It is the Metrodome though, bad things sometimes happen there. If we can tackle AP we win. I just hope we can get out of there with no more injuries. Packers by 2 TDs.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score

and those stats were compiled against some halfway decent defenses. Something this years team is not..
Let's also not forget that those stats were compiled with Randall Cobb, James Jones, Greg Jennings, and Jermichael Finley as regular targets.

Rodgers is now down to 1 preferred starter among the top 5, in Jordy.

I know a lot of fans think Rodgers is God and that he can just grab 3, 4 guys out of the bleachers and still rack up 300 yards and 3 TD, but it doesn't work like that.

I'd love to see that 34-10 final, or better yet, a 45-7 win like we had over them in 2011.

But I am not expecting any kind of cakewalk or TD-fest by us. Hope to be wrong!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't "hate" any teams.
But the Vikings are always at the top of that list for me, just ahead of the Yankees, Bears, Patriots, and the old CCCP hockey team.

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
on a side note, hopefully i am wrong but i see this game closer than we all think. no how matter much the vikings are stuggling this year we have to remember we are going into their house and as stated before in an evening game which will add that much more fuel. and point b is we have to remembe this is a division game not gonna be a cake walk.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Right........a talking head claims he might faking it. His proof, none. Just some ******** talking. I think Harrison has had one to many concussions himself.

A few are saying this...

They said nothing about a concussion, and even said on Tuesday (???) Josh was starting..Then wham he had a concussion? And claims it happened in the 3rd q..

Just seems very odd

Members online

Latest posts