Packers-Vikings

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ponder is not the long-term answer for the Vikings, that's why they made the switch to Freeman. That said, he's definitely better than what Freeman showed on Monday. I agree that it'll be hard for them to compete with us but Ponder makes it more competitive no matter how you slice the cheese

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Well Schlitz was the all-american lager back in the day. Years back, Pabst gathered together the living/remaining brewmasters and recreated the original recipe. American lagers aren't "light" beers, but compared to the hoppy and dark beers popular today they could be considered as such.

All American lager? Yuengling; right here from good ol' PA.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Freeman has a concussion and Ponder may start against the Packers. The Vikings seem like they have the horses to compete with the Packers especially with all of our injured players.

I think the fan base's disgust may rub off on the players. To be 1-5 and face their upcoming difficult schedule thinking I just may be making my offseason plans already.

Packers in a close one. 24-23

They may have some horses, but those horses have been playing like they are ready for the glue factory. There is no way to tell, but I don't see this one as a close game even with our depleted crew. As long as #12 is on offense, we have a damn good shot at winning any game no matter who he throws to..... he makes receivers.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ponder is not the long-term answer for the Vikings, that's why they made the switch to Freeman. That said, he's definitely better than what Freeman showed on Monday. I agree that it'll be hard for them to compete with us but Ponder makes it more competitive no matter how you slice the cheese

I'm no freeman fan at all, but the guy had one week to adapt to their system and learn enough plays to get by. He would not have been deemed the starter if he hadnt showed something to the coaching staff in practice. Stats wise from last season, he seems to be on par or slightly better than ponder. I would not count him out, he may just be a slight upgrade once he learns more of the playbook and gets some gel with the WR's. Compared to what we are used to at QB, freeman is turd-ish as well as ponder and cassell....LOL

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Friend of mine on FB likes to add SKOL Vikings to all his comments (even non football related)

So after the Vikings recent troubles I re-wrote the Vikings Fight song for him and posted it :)

Skab Vikings, what a shame,
Skab Vikings, you dishonor your name,
Can’t get a first down,
You can forget about a touchdown.
Fumble 'em . . . Drop 'em
Crap! Crap! Crap!
WTH Vikings? Everyone else can do this with a Salary Cap!
You'll hear us yell . . .
K-I-L-L-M-E-N-O-W
Skab, Vikings, Wow! Just Wow!……

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Visited the Vikings board mentioned earlier and found this gem:
I know it's tough having to watch a beloved team lose but I'm cheering for the Vikes to go 1-15. It's likely since I've seen the schedule and it's a brutal one at that, full of high-octane offenses to tear through our stout defense who can't even stop a struggling offense. .....
So, personally I hope we lose out from here on. I know some fans get pissed at that thinking but I'm one of those fans who doesn't mind taking in a few terrible seasons to start moving on up like George and Weezy.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They may have some horses, but those horses have been playing like they are ready for the glue factory. There is no way to tell, but I don't see this one as a close game even with our depleted crew. As long as #12 is on offense, we have a damn good shot at winning any game no matter who he throws to..... he makes receivers.
LOVE Rodgers and he is great.

But he's not God and it takes receivers .... I feel too many people give all the credit to Rodgers and not enough to the greatness of the receivers.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also think the Vikings will play better with Ponder starting because, first, Ponder has been running the offense for the last 2 years and has the experience, and second, this is Ponder's last chance. Either he wins back his starting job on Sunday night or he's riding the pine for the rest of the year and is most likely out of Minnesota.

I'm also concerned that with Finley out the rest of the year, and no Cobb and Jones at WR, we just don't have enough weapons to do enough damage. Relying on Jordy, Boykins and Quarless to get it done is pretty damn iffy. Eddie Lacy will have to have another big day.

As far as the defense goes, if the Packers focus on stopping the run (remember that Ponder's a very good scrambler) and force Ponder to beat you through the air I think they'll be ok.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Ponder is not gunna be the key to this game....stopping AP will be. If we shut him down and force ponder to throw, that's where the big win for us comes in. He is just as poor as the other QB's they have. We also have film on him and know how he plays. He is one of the least scary QB's to play against. He flat out sucks !!!!

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I think Ponder is an improvement (at the moment) over Freeman, I respectfully disagree about the key to the game. I really don't think that it has anything to do with their offense. I think it will come down to Eddie Lacy. If they stack the box and stop Lacy then it will put a big strain on our receiving corps.

AP has been more than mortal this season. While he does have two 100-yard games, that's well off the mark for his standards. In fact, he's rushed for 62 and 28 yards respectively in the last two games with zero TDs. I am in no way saying that our focus should be anywhere else besides stopping AP, but I really believe that for once that will be a manageable task, and that the question will be how much do they score but how much are we able to score. There may not be a high point total, although Aaron loves to throw it around in domes

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My how quickly fortunes change....
First lets get this straight. Two division opponents on the road. No other team in the NFC was tasked with the same scheduling. No other NFL team was asked to play two division opponents on the road to open the season. Both games were winnable. The Bears they should have won. But it is what it is. They are still only one game back of the Packers.

Second. Peterson has 49 more yards the first two games in 2013 then he did in 2012. Also Felton, his lead blocker is currently on suspension for being stupid.

Third. In the all the years the Vikings have played, they have picked in the top 5 due to their win/loss record exactly twice. Not like it is something that happens all the time. They have never had the number one pick due to record.

Fourth. The Vikings defense is giving up less yards per game then the Packers defense. But don't worry, the Vikings D is getting old. Just like in the past 8 years. Hell they should be ready for Social Security by now.

Fifth. They could have picked different QB. Hindsight is 20/20. It's easy several year past the draft to say a team should have picked a particular player. If you know so much. Tell us who the next HOF QB will be in the 2014 draft. Not like the Packers have drafted top notch backups the last 6 years.

Sixth. It's a long season, anything can happen. The Vikings play the same teams as the Packers, only the Vikings play in Seattle and at home against Carolina. I would be willing to beat the Seattle game will be tough. Sure it will be tougher than the Niner game Green Bay played in San Fran.

But it's okay. Tell me, when does the comparison thread come out for the Lions and Bears? Or are you only worried about the Vikings?

I wonder if this will hold up.

"Minnesota Vikings: In 2012, Christian Ponder had just 269 passing yards from deep passes, which was second-lowest in the league. In 2013 he already has 151 passing yards on deep passes, which is fourth in the league."

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/09/17/32-observations-week-2-2/

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought this game was pretty much our when they announced that Harrison Smith was done? Really, their secondary is horrible without him. The only thing that worries me is that we don't really know what our offense looks like without Finley and how much stuff he opens up matchup-wise for the rest of the receivers.

If the vikes play as listlessly as they did against the giants (which shocked me since it was a monday night game and they knew everyone was watching) then it doesn't matter how AP or Ponder play. Ponder played really well against us once last year but hasn't looked good this year, has been out with injuries and benching for weeks now and his confidence must be pretty low. I think unless their special teams really crush us or our offense can't run without a big athletic pass catcher we should be just fine.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Visited the Vikings board mentioned earlier and found this gem:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Well actually Vikings crapping out to get #1 pick would probably help them. The Vikings are One Decent QB away from being scary good. If they drop to #1 pick and get a QB they would good.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well actually Vikings crapping out to get #1 pick would probably help them. The Vikings are One Decent QB away from being scary good. If they drop to #1 pick and get a QB they would good.

they will trade thier 1st round pick to us for tramon williams

Last edited:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Keys to Packers kicking the crap out of the Vikings Sunday night. And yes I expect that. Anything less and I would be disappointed in the Packers.

1. Josh Robinson. Rodgers will pick on this kid all night. I expect toe see him give up at least 2 TD's.
2. Peterson's Hammy. He seems to be thinking about it and that is affecting his running.
3. Vikings O-line. Has been a sieve in pass blocking, and as good as it was last year in run blocking, it sucks this year.
4. Walsh is hurting so don't expect any 50+ yard FG attempts.
5. Defensive line. Not stopping the run like in the past. Expect a 100 yard rusher from the Packers.
6. Ponder is playing QB. If none of the first 5 don't convince you, this one should.

Packer 45, Vikings 10. Rodgers will be on the bench in the 4th quarter.

Vltrophy

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers win by at least 21 points. This w/o Matthews Cobb Finley & Jones

hanskristoffkarl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Keys to Packers kicking the crap out of the Vikings Sunday night. And yes I expect that. Anything less and I would be disappointed in the Packers.

1. Josh Robinson. Rodgers will pick on this kid all night. I expect toe see him give up at least 2 TD's.
2. Peterson's Hammy. He seems to be thinking about it and that is affecting his running.
3. Vikings O-line. Has been a sieve in pass blocking, and as good as it was last year in run blocking, it sucks this year.
4. Walsh is hurting so don't expect any 50+ yard FG attempts.
5. Defensive line. Not stopping the run like in the past. Expect a 100 yard rusher from the Packers.
6. Ponder is playing QB. If none of the first 5 don't convince you, this one should.

Packer 45, Vikings 10. Rodgers will be on the bench in the 4th quarter.

You forgot one:
7. James Starks is now available. Lacy and Starks will pound, pound, pound, and Franklin will split the seam.

Reaction score
Looks like another dogfight

Very Possible, Dan115! I want to predict a blowout win like a lot of others on here but I just can't bring myself to want to do it. Queens are a mess, but it's a division road game. When you're expected to win these games handily, occasionally, turnovers, special teams lapses, blown coverages, costly penalties, missed FG's, etc., can add up to keep a game close ("close" in this case means within a couple of TD's I would like to think). Glad I don't bet on games anymore. A game can look like a lead pipe cinch, then..... That said, I wouldn't consider this a "trap" game by no means either b/c Minny just has too many problems. Take care of the ball, wrap-up and tackle......we win in a cake walk and the large crowd of Green/Gold clad Packer fans in attendance can celebrate. A blowout is what I'm hoping for, but I'll say.........

PACKERS 24 VIKINGS 16.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts