Packers V Rams Pregame week Chit chat Thread

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's stop saying this about our opponents. You guys said that about the Bucs in 2020, and the 9ers in 2021.
Kind of an urban legend. Yes, we won the Ice Bowl but Dallas was only 13 seconds and one play a way from victory.

D

Deleted member 6794

It just sucks where we are honestly. Rams are injured up...we have less a chance to make the playoffs than I do to lose five pounds just today before I go home...and we most likely win this game....and drag the "playoff hope" and playing Rodgers and other starters for another week.

As mentioned in another thread, after the Seahawks loss to the Niners yesterday the Packers have a 71% chance of making the playoffs if they win out.

OT Caleb Jones was just activated to the 53 after spending 10 weeks on the Non-Football Illness list with Mono. This might be the pre-cursor to reducing Bakhtiari's playing time?

I don't think the Packers activating Jones has anything to do with Bakhtiari's status. It seems he will most likely miss the Rams game after his appendectomy though.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Kickoff temp will be around 15 degrees. That's -9 C, Buggy.

Yeah, time for us here in Packerland to think about shutting windows...
Thank you my friend. :D And the hand gesture I`m doing at the moment isn`t offensive in my country honestly ;)

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Let's stop saying this about our opponents. You guys said that about the Bucs in 2020, and the 9ers in 2021.
There's a difference between a team that is losing and out of the playoffs. They have nothing to play for and are down their QB and #1 WR. The Bucs and the 49ers were in the playoffs. There's a little bit more motivation there.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Kickoff temp will be around 15 degrees. That's -9 C, Buggy.

Yeah, time for us here in Packerland to think about shutting windows...
I remember standing at a bus stop in Green Bay next to a young lady wearing a sleeveless teeshirt, with no coat on, while I was wrapped up like on an arctic expedition. I have never been so cold in my life. When I asked her if she was cold,she said "No, this isn`t cold !". I swear I was attacked by a Polar Bear on my way back to the hotel.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers activating Jones has anything to do with Bakhtiari's status. It seems he will most likely miss the Rams game after his appendectomy though.
The way we have mismanaged our O line woes in the past playoff games (especially at tackle); it's good to have another option. And I believe he actually has looked good when he played. Where those just pre-season games?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As mentioned in another thread, after the Seahawks loss to the Niners yesterday the Packers have a 71% chance of making the playoffs if they win out.

71%….I’m strongly thinking that was a mistype

Reaction score
True. However We seemed to play the Rams pretty well in the cold. Obviously we’re not nearly as consistent as past years. Although the Rams are a hot mess and they about to freeze.
I’m not worried about the Rams. I like our chances at home with a good running game and going in somewhat healthy.
Probably not a high scoring game based on weather reports. More a chess match type contest in that
23-16 GB area.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I remember standing at a bus stop in Green Bay next to a young lady wearing a sleeveless teeshirt, with no coat on, while I was wrapped up like on an arctic expedition. I have never been so cold in my life. When I asked her if she was cold,she said "No, this isn`t cold !". I swear I was attacked by a Polar Bear on my way back to the hotel.
As I read this, I'm in a restaurant in Fond du Lac, it's 23-degrees F, snowing and windy. 3 guys just walked in wearing shorts. It's hard to be non-judgmental - they might have lost a bet or something.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve said it before everyone being critics of the WR or offense has to do it with the acknowledgement of injuries.

This week will be first time since week two - Watson, Doubs, Lazard, Cobb and Watkins will dress healthy.

Reaction score
I’ve said it before everyone being critics of the WR or offense has to do it with the acknowledgement of injuries.

This week will be first time since week two - Watson, Doubs, Lazard, Cobb and Watkins will dress healthy.
Absolutely. We’re starting to see some semblance of our O being able to move the chains more consistently. Having #9 is starting to pay dividends. I’d love to see Watson snag another TD Monday to get him to Double digits with 3 games remaining.

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It’s crazy to even think that we are more than likely in our own drivers seat! Let’s start by getting back to 6-8 and a .500
(5-5) Conference record. Winning out gives us a 7-5 Conference record.
Every time we take the field in 2022 we are backed up and fighting. Even in the 5 games we won it was a hard day at the office.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely. We’re starting to see some semblance of our O being able to move the chains more consistently. Having #9 is starting to pay dividends. I’d love to see Watson snag another TD Monday to get him to Double digits with 3 games remaining.

I would like to see Watkins make a decent contribution as well. That guy has done almost nothing this season. I think Toure has done more with less snaps.

D

Deleted member 6794

The way we have mismanaged our O line woes in the past playoff games (especially at tackle); it's good to have another option. And I believe he actually has looked good when he played. Where those just pre-season games?

Caleb Jones solely played in preseason games so far this season. According to PFF he performed pretty well in 84 snaps at left tackle.

71%….I’m strongly thinking that was a mistype

Those numbers are according to FiveThirtyEight. They actually increased to 76% by now. You can take a look at it at https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2022-nfl-predictions/

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
71% or 76% given a "win out" to make the playoffs? Well OK, and god willin' and the creek not risin' ... and if Aunt Betty grew balls she could be Uncle Harvey - if they can convince Jupiter to align with Mars and make the playoffs, great!!! and marvy!!! and keen!!! ... and all that stuff but, uhhhhh.... nahhhh... ain't happenin' but still, there's a chance, so my cheer will be "They may be a steaming pile of dog excrement, but they're MY steamin' pile of dog excrement. Go Pack!"

Wishful thinking is allowed in an NFL fan forum to be sure but in my world, the Pack, particularly defensively, have offered up nothing to have me conjure up visions of great things to come.

Jaire talking about 7 interceptions given the right game plan?? Call it confidence if you feel the need ... this team scares nobody and be more inclined to think this defense will give up 7 TD's to Baker Mayfield... we have a history of making marginal QB's look Hall of Fame.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still remember 2003, little hope to make the playoffs and the lowly Cardinals came back in the last 2 minutes to beat the vikings and dumping them and putting us in. Lots of stuff happens in a game, in a season. It all starts with winning your games and seeing how it shakes out. Like I said, I'd rather see this team overcome what has been ailing it all season, see real growth in the kids, win out and miss the playoffs than continue to look like we have and lose out.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I still remember 2003, little hope to make the playoffs and the lowly Cardinals came back in the last 2 minutes to beat the vikings and dumping them and putting us in. Lots of stuff happens in a game, in a season. It all starts with winning your games and seeing how it shakes out. Like I said, I'd rather see this team overcome what has been ailing it all season, see real growth in the kids, win out and miss the playoffs than continue to look like we have and lose out.
Totally agree. Losing out would not be good for the team at all.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bahktiari is out ... as is Aaron Donald for them.
I've been very happy with the way Tom pass protects. How is his run blocking? I'll have to try and watch him when we run to that side.

Reaction score
I've been very happy with the way Tom pass protects. How is his run blocking? I'll have to try and watch him when we run to that side.
I’m not sure. I do know he gets better with time and it doesn’t take him as long for things to click.
As a Freshman he was an All-ACC Honorable mention
As a Sophomore he made 2nd Team All ACC accolades. As A Junior he went 1st team All-ACC
Draft Scouts had pegged him nearly perfectly. DraftScout had him as a late Day 2 area, with a good chance to slide into early Round 4. Several Others had him as a 5th Rounder due to being slightly undersized at 6’4 X 304lb. They thought he would be a good backup with potential to become a starter once he put on weight and got more experience.

As far as Run grade only, I have not watched him specifically. Other than seeing him involved downfield on a couple of ones we broke for big gains. In college he was a Good + Run blocker. His strongest asset is his Pass Blocking, where he scored exceptionally high compared to minimal experience at OT. His speed, hands and a high football IQ are strong points. He’s said to be one of the sharpest guys on that line from a mental acuity standpoint and has been an academic standout.

He’ll need to eventually put on another 10-15 pounds and very similar to Bak in that respect (if you recall his early years with us) but in the meantime he’ll hold his own in Run support due to above average Instincts and play recognition.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts