Packers v Cowboys Pregame Chit chat thread

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Lets discuss on how we will avoid getting dump truck by Big Mike here.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With all the issues this team has and how all the injuries? Our defense missing three starters against their offense? Our offensive can't get out of its own way against their defense? They would have to be a lot of bizarre stuff to happen for us not to get creamed in this game.
Hoping I'm wrong and hoping for the big upset, but I'm going cowboys 31 to 3

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
With all the issues this team has and how all the injuries? Our defense missing three starters against their offense? Our offensive can't get out of its own way against their defense? They would have to be a lot of bizarre stuff to happen for us not to get creamed in this game.
Hoping I'm wrong and hoping for the big upset, but I'm going cowboys 31 to 3
Out of reach by mid 3rd

Love comes in and shows promise. People say it isn’t accurate as cowboys are on cruise

Yet 16 years ago? Rodgers did same at Dallas for injured brett???and those same people will say he was great

Reaction score
Dallas is a good Redzone Defense, but they are an average Run Defense in general. Much will depend on our ability to move the ball on the ground. If we get a ground game going it tends to give us some Rhythm. We need to start kicking some FG unless the game gets out of control in scoring.
Dallas is normally hot to open and close contests, but average in the middle. A key feature will be getting then away from identity (Creating Turnovers and Playing Defense) and getting a big play early. They are not a team you want to have to play “catch up” in Quarter 4 because they close strong.
Dallas is NOT a high powered Offense like Buffalo. I’m expecting a Dog fight on the ground and lower scoring

Dallas 23 GB 17

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'll still be pulling Xmas decorations out of the garage attic. So if I don't see it, it ain't happening.

Big Mike's birthday yesterday. Shared by the USMC (Semper Fi), the sinking of the Edmund Fitzgerald (they could have made Whitefish Bay, I just know it) and me. Love Mike but I hope his birthday week is a bad one.

Someone quick...bribe the refs...

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dallas is a good Redzone Defense, but they are an average Run Defense in general. Much will depend on our ability to move the ball on the ground. If we get a ground game going it tends to give us some Rhythm. We need to start kicking some FG unless the game gets out of control in scoring.
Dallas is normally hot to open and close contests, but average in the middle. A key feature will be getting then away from identity (Creating Turnovers and Playing Defense) and getting a big play early. They are not a team you want to have to play “catch up” in Quarter 4 because they close strong.
Dallas is NOT a high powered Offense like Buffalo. I’m expecting a Dog fight on the ground and lower scoring

Dallas 23 GB 17
Yes. So we get 4 FGs. Maybe somehow our D ir ST makes a play or 2. But we do not have much else which to jump for joy.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only way Dallas loses is if it turns out they spent so much time talking about OBJ joining the team that they forget there's a game to play on Sunday.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm feeling (in some ways irrationally) confident about this game. Rodgers in primetime against the Cowboys at home. At any other point in his career, most would be licking their chops as a Green Bay fan.

Dallas is really good on defense. Where they aren't all that good? Against the run. We need a heavy dose of Jones mostly, but Dillion, and Watson a little bit in the horizontal attack.

I'd also run a little bit of no huddle/hurry up. Get this defense on their heals a little bit. This will help to mitigate Micah and their pressure from getting home. Hit them with some methodical play action pops.

The one thing that concerns me the most is McCarthy getting 2 weeks to prepare. He'll throw everything and the kitchen sink at this game to try and win it. What does he and his staff have cooked up?

I want no part of betting this game, but I think we have a very solid shot. We still haven't gotten a chance to see a lot of the packages they are trying to get to with Watson. I'll be curious to see that.

Reaction score
Yes. So we get 4 FGs. Maybe somehow our D ir ST makes a play or 2. But we do not have much else which to jump for joy.
I could see either a 2 score Dallas Win or a Dog fight similar to that Arizona game last year. We’re starting to see more Takeaways between, Walker and J’aire and that’s sort of our identity. We need those to win games.

Reaction score
Another point is that we tend to rise in Nov-Dec area. It’s partly because Dome teams don’t fare as well in Sub freezing due to acclimatization reasons.
I know this sounds odd, but #12 tends to play better when he’s counted down and out. He has nothing to lose and he loves proving people wrong. It’s his DNA.
Also having weather factored often aids the underdog or home team.

There’s something about Football in later Fall in GB that just feel different. It’s a spiritual thing call me crazy but it’s Vince is in the building. Call it my gut, but I think we at least play better tomorrow.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another point is that we tend to rise in Nov-Dec area. It’s partly because Dome teams don’t fare as well in Sub freezing due to acclimatization reasons.
I know this sounds odd, but #12 tends to play better when he’s counted down and out. He has nothing to lose and he loves proving people wrong. It’s his DNA.
Also having weather factored often aids the underdog or home team.

There’s something about Football in later Fall in GB that just feel different. It’s a spiritual thing call me crazy but it’s Vince is in the building. Call it my gut, but I think we at least play better tomorrow.
We are also playing with a lot less on the line than a month ago. At that time we were expected to win. Now we are expected to lose. So the team does not have all that pressure. We have little to lose at this point and little to gain. We could win some games but like elections it can be too little too late. That is what a 5 game losing streak does to teams.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope we avoid serious injury the rest of this year. Try to field a competitive team next year. Enjoy watching the rest of this season

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FYI. The line started at Dallas -5. It got as low as -4 and currently sits at 4.5. What am I missing? This line should be somewhere between 6 and 7.5 IMO. Bet the Pack. Go Pack.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
This article is so telling - times are tough in Green Bay right now.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good Lord. Did any of us really think we would be having these conversations at this point of this season? Unreal.
I was very skeptical about the receiving room, but still expected a better season than sitting at 3-6. The offense is a major disappointment, the Defense a mid disappointment and special teams, while not disappointing like previous years, they haven't done anything very special.

Had I just woken up from a coma and saw that the Packers were 3-6, my 2 questions would be "Which game did Rodgers go down in and when is he suppose to be healthy enough to play again."

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, we could come out and show a lot of fight, but I foresee a LOT of MP in our backfield. AR needs to get the ball out of his hands quick if we want a chance to win. Our defense is really banged up, our ST is very bad, and we can't seem to block for AR with any consistency and he's either missing throws or the young WRs are dropping passes.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Packer inactives:

CB Shemar Jean-Charles
LB Krys Barnes
LB De'Vondre Campbell
OL Rasheed Walker
OL Luke Tenuta
WR Romeo Doubs
DL Jonathan Ford

Good news for the Packers....Cowboys’ RB Ezekiel Elliott is inactive today.

Also inactive for Cowpokes:

Anthony Barr
Jabril Cox
Will Grier
Nahshon Wright
Markquese Bell
Chauncey Golston

Members online

Latest posts