Official pregame & gameday thread: Hey... ya know... Rams at Packers today!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right now I absolutely take their TE and WR room. Truthfully their RB room is better too IMO albeit we have the best RB between both in Jones.

WR room is the closest and very valid argument could be made either way truthfully.
Wait a minute. No matter Dillons recent struggles the GB RB room is head and shoulders above Houston IMO.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I recently read an article on “Lombardi Ave” that confirmed what I’ve been saying (to a degree)
the 2023 Green Bay Packers Offense is the 2nd youngest Offense since the 1990. Only the 0-16 Cleveland Browns had a younger Offense (by age).

The 2 youngest Offenses since 1990 out of 1,000+ Rosters across 34 seasons.

1. 2017 Cleveland Browns
2. 2023 Green Bay Packers.

However I looked
The 2017 Cleveland Browns had 359 cumulative games played across their 11 man roster (Offense)
The 2023 Green Bay Packers have 239 cumulative games logged (Offense) through week 1

I’m now convinced that no Offense in modern football (nearly 60 years of rosters) was ever less experienced in games played than the 2023 Packers.
This begs the question. Was this by design?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I just came looking for the pregame thread and saw this. Might as well retitle it and make it the official gameday thread.
Imagine the Giant game now that Daniel is out for the season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy Cow- can we trade for the Vikings 3rd string QB- Dobbs?
you Do know he isn’t just new?

b4 yesterday
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
you wouldn’t have traded

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My wife goes 'Why do they line up 5 yards back when its 3rd and 1? No idea.. no idea..
Old School and I are old school. We think lining up under center more in those situations is a good idea. For decades NFL teams did it. Bart Starr made a living faking to the halfback or fullback on 3rd and even 4th and 1 and hitting a receiver. And you can throw in a FB for blocking, running, or catching a swing pass.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Old School and I are old school. We think lining up under center more in those situations is a good idea. For decades NFL teams did it. Bart Starr made a living faking to the halfback or fullback on 3rd and even 4th and 1 and hitting a receiver. And you can throw in a FB for blocking, running, or catching a swing pass.
Didn't Starr have a coach that said three things can happen when you pass the ball and two of them are bad?

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cannot do it personally this year specifically.
So you want to just use this year? Okay my question then becomes put AJ & AJ on Houston and Pierce and Singletary on GB. Even with Jones missing games the Packer duo has 90 more yds. from scrimmage and have 4 TDs to 1 for the Houston guys. That is behind a weaker OL and with the lesser QB. Sorry my man, I will stick to my opinion on this one in a Landslide. I love Stevie Nicks.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you want to just use this year? Okay my question then becomes put AJ & AJ on Houston and Pierce and Singletary on GB.

The Houston group IMO is going to be the one I choose even if you swap them.

If Dillon is the Dillon of his ceiling I get someone saying the two AJ's > Singletary/Pierce combo - I get that.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Houston group IMO is going to be the one I choose even if you swap them.

If Dillon is the Dillon of his ceiling I get someone saying the two AJ's > Singletary/Pierce combo - I get that.
Please read my above response which I edited.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't Starr have a coach that said three things can happen when you pass the ball and two of them are bad?
Actually, it was Woody Hayes from Ohio State. His teams virtually never threw the ball until his later tenure.