Packers V Rams Pregame week Chit chat Thread

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note, did anyone see that NE vs LV end? I watched some crazy endings today, but  that is the craziest end I've seen all year.
We’ll if there was such a thing as instant replay in the nfl the raiders never would have tied the game in the first place setting up such a boneheaded ending…

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’ll if there was such a thing as instant replay in the nfl the raiders never would have tied the game in the first place setting up such a boneheaded ending…
But, like the saying goes, "if its and buts were candy and nuts". I tease though, it was a crazy *** ending and why, with the game tied, and the clock at zero, would you try to "lateral" the ball 20 yds back? Someone is trying to be parking cars next week.

Cornelius Weems

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely crazy, like I said, parking cars next week, or flipping burgers. Hopefully alongside JB.

D

Deleted member 6794

Jaire talking about 7 interceptions given the right game plan?? Call it confidence if you feel the need ... this team scares nobody and be more inclined to think this defense will give up 7 TD's to Baker Mayfield... we have a history of making marginal QB's look Hall of Fame.

I definitely didn't like Alexander saying something like that. Especially considering he hasn't performed up to expectations in several games this year.

I've been very happy with the way Tom pass protects. How is his run blocking? I'll have to try and watch him when we run to that side.

PFF has Tom graded at 57.9 in run blocking this season.

Definitely crazy, like I said, parking cars next week, or flipping burgers. Hopefully alongside JB.

I highly doubt the Patriots move on from Jakobi Meyers because of it. I agree that was a crazy ending though.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't put much stock in pff. They are right sometimes and wrong sometimes.

Tom doesn't succeed in run blocking at the next level at time due to diverting defenders or shadowing with his athleticism rather than attempting a clearing or decleater type block. I think you will see him become quite special as his strength builds, especially in anchoring strength. Even when he gets overpowered in a block he is in position properly and even in a win the defender had to waste precious time dealing with Tom.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tom doesn't succeed in run blocking at the next level at time due to diverting defenders or shadowing with his athleticism rather than attempting a clearing or decleater type block. I think you will see him become quite special as his strength builds, especially in anchoring strength. Even when he gets overpowered in a block he is in position properly and even in a win the defender had to waste precious time dealing with Tom.
Very nice explanation.

Reaction score
Yes he’ll only get better. In spot duty Tom has been overall exceptional. He’s exceeded expectations and it’s not just me. Our HC has eluded to him being thrust in games with 90 minutes notice. I’m talking Literally.

I’m not worried about him at all in the Run game. The only condensed film was preseason, but it displays a willingness to be aggressive. Notice how many times he spins the Defender around. I’m guessing it’s because of Tom’s speed and hands and he’s frustrating guys like sticky glue on your hands.
That’s the next best thing to laying on top of him. Ok no, He’s not Trevor Penning (just manhandling) ..
but he is efficient. I think many of us would agree we’d want his initial strength in Pass sets, then let him gradually improve Run sets.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didn't do a lot to help consistently, but he was no where near Martellus' level of bad. Unless he just did something recently I didn't hear about it doesn't sound like he's been a bad teammate or anything. Just didn't work out. It happens.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Unless he just did something recently I didn't hear about it doesn't sound like he's been a bad teammate or anything. Just didn't work out. It happens.
Had $330k in per game bonuses, $19k+/game... so MLF didn't want to use him, and Gute decided to save $80k. Can be better used towards a re-signing.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Sammy Watkins released. How bad was he..almost as bad as martellus bennett!
Figured that would happen sooner, rather than later. A pipe dream to count on him for starting WR reps.

I'm excited to see 6' 9" OT Caleb Jones play. He was activated after a long bout with Mono. Adam Stenavich seems to be really excited about Jones.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was shocked even after replay they let the Raiders' TD near the end of regulation stand. His left toe was out of bounds IMO.

Reaction score
I was shocked even after replay they let the Raiders' TD near the end of regulation stand. His left toe was out of bounds IMO.
Something similar with Giants vs WFT. The Giants DB was literally hanging on the WR in the Endzone. That’s 1st n Goal there. Does the Giants DB need to wrap his legs around him and gyrate to get an interference call??
That’s 1st n Goal from the 1 yard line with :48 sec and 1 Timeout for Washington. Unless you took a bribe

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Something similar with Giants vs WFT. The Giants DB was literally hanging on the WR in the Endzone. That’s 1st n Goal there. Does the Giants DB need to wrap his legs around him and gyrate to get an interference call??
That’s 1st n Goal from the 1 yard line with :48 sec and 1 Timeout for Washington. Unless you took a bribe

all clean, didn't impact the play at all LOL