Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is 3D chest match. Gute doesnt like the value of the edge rusher a 14. Gute going to trade back to Buffalos 20 21 pick. and grab davenport and the best CB available.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because we're just swimming in cash right now? We have enough for maybe 1 big FA signing, if it's Wilkerson we'll have to rely on the draft to improve a position of desperate need that was made into a position of desperate need because Mr. Gutekunst decided to move his best starting corner for a guy who should spend the year holding a clipboard.
He should be on the graveyard shift sitting in a toll booth in Illinois.

Bagadeez04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought we had learned we need a proven backup, not a project. Kizer does no good to us this year, at least. If ever.

I want to understand this trade, wanna give Gute a fair shake... why Gute? Why!?

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch Damarious Randall continue his success from last year and play at a pro bowl level, while Kizer predictably rides the pine all season. The Packers make it to the playoffs and are eliminated due to a terrible pass defense.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought we had learned we need a proven backup, not a project. Kizer does no good to us this year, at least. If ever.

I want to understand this trade, wanna give Gute a fair shake... why Gute? Why!?

Hundley couldn't win with a lousy defense, but we won games with Hundley. Cleveland couldn't win a game with one of the best D's in the NFL last year and Kizer.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is 3D chest match. Gute doesnt like the value of the edge rusher a 14. Gute going to trade back to Buffalos 20 21 pick. and grab davenport and the best CB available.

Nooooo..they need to stay at 14 and get the best corner on the board.

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler Johnson Sherman will be in Green Bay at least one of them book it

They're all 28+, will demand WAY more than their worth (like $13 million/season), and will take up all our cap.

God, I hope we don't sign them.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is no CB at 14...ward will be gone jackson should be about right at 20....40 yard dash was slow. also landry should be there at 20

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I realize that Randall played well for a stretch last year, but the guy is a bonafide head case. He got kicked out of a game last year. He has also had multiple horrible stretches because he doesn’t know his assignment. I was hoping he’d pick up where he left off, but I don’t think he was ever a candidate to be extended.

Kizer was thrown into the fire on the worst team in the league under a bad coach as a rookie. He was in the conversation for the 1st round just a year ago and went in the 2nd largely because no one thought he was ready to play immediately. That was obviously true, especially with that roster. But the talent of a starter is there and here he just has to be a backup. They found a cheap solution to their QB2 problem and maybe he has an outside chance at being the future after Rodgers. Who knows what things will look like in 3 years when his rookie deal expires.

Providing they sign a veteran corner, I like the move.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
there is no CB at 14...ward will be gone jackson should be about right at 20....40 yard dash was slow. also landry should be there at 20

Ward may be there because he’s small. Jaire Alexander is also a top 16 player in this class.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're all 28+, will demand WAY more than their worth (like $13 million/season), and will take up all our cap.

God, I hope we don't sign them.

I’m not in love with signing Sherman..however I remember a guy named Charles Woodson. He was 29 when he signed and people (some of you) were pissed because you thought they overpaid for him and he was washed up. Well the rest is history.

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
also think of it this way...we have an extra pick...no need to grab QB now..trying to look at bright side

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer does no good to us this year, at least. If ever.

this is the part that bothers me the most
if Rodgers were a couple years older, this would be a trade i'd be excited about
Kizer still has potential to be a good quarterback
but Rodgers is going to outplay Kizer's rookie deal and if Kizer has developed, he be gone

shockerx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the next guy to go will be DIX. the new DC wants guys to fly around hit and tackle.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously the new regime didn't like Randall but wish we could have been able to get more

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call Kizer Brett Hundley 2.0. He was thrown into a terrible system as a rookie and almost beat the Packers with their third year QB who was groomed under the Best QB in the NFL for 3 years...Kizer, as a rookie in a Browns uniform, looked better than Brett Hundley at Home.

That was one game. He barely completed half his passes and through twice as many picks as TDs.

I'm not saying Kizer can never be good, but to suggest his rookie year was anything other than very bad is just putting lipstick on a pig.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is the part that bothers me the most
if Rodgers were a couple years older, this would be a trade i'd be excited about
Kizer still has potential to be a good quarterback
but Rodgers is going to outplay Kizer's rookie deal and if Kizer has developed, he be gone

When we acquired Rodgers Favre was at a similar age but was openly discussing his interest in retirement. Rodgers on the other hand has repeatedly stated his interest in playing through into his 40s. Unless there is more to Rodgers health than has been reported this is just an appallingly bad decision.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dantes makes some good points. Also, I have a feeling that this move isn't in isolation; something else is in the works.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a little much needed context: Being the best CB on a team with crap CB's isn't something to get excited about. "He was our best CB!" That's like saying the girl with a hairlip and a lazy eye was the hottest chick you ever dated. That doesn't make her hot rather it means you've lived a sad dating life. Did he make some plays? Sure. Did he get smoked like the sticky icky just as often/more? Abso-freaking-lutely! If he wasn't part of the long-term plan, get him gone. If we can't find someone to replicate his performance we're screwed anyhow .

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dantes makes some good points. Also, I have a feeling that this move isn't in isolation; something else is in the works.

I certainly hope so, he'll need to clear up some more additional cap space to make any significant moves in FA. Maybe extend Nelson to lower his cap hit, cut Cobb, extend Matthews and Rodgers to lower their cap hits as well.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after last year people are ignoring the importance of a backup QB. Short memories.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For a little much needed context: Being the best CB on a team with crap CB's isn't something to get excited about. "He was our best CB!" That's like saying the girl with a hairlip and a lazy eye was the hottest chick you ever dated. That doesn't make her hot rather it means you've lived a sad dating life. Did he make some plays? Sure. Did he get smoked like the sticky icky just as often/more? Abso-freaking-lutely! If he wasn't part of the long-term plan, get him gone. If we can't find someone to replicate his performance we're screwed anyhow .

Did the CBs get better with Randall leaving, nope. Do we now have a critical need at the position? Yes.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after last year people are ignoring the importance of a backup QB. Short memories.

I can't believe that after last year that anyone expects us to get anywhere with a backup quarterback.

Members online

Latest posts