Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I'm having with this is that if winning a Super Bowl is your goal then you need Aaron Rodgers to be surrounded with a good enough supporting caste. We just weakened the supporting caste to pick up a guy who God willing rarely if ever sets foot on a football field.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were lots of calls for Hundley to be gone... now those people have gotten their wish and unfortunately we see it cost us Randall... I'm sure there is more to come and we will be better off. For the first 6 games of the year... almost everyone was on the cut Randall side...

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Don’t forget Demarious Randall just has surgery. He has a year left on his contract and the team didn’t want to keep him. Might as well get something for him while you can. Especially because they are about to make a major splash in FA.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on you guys, was Randall really any good seem to remember him being call damn Error us Randle. I don’t think it was that bad of a trade being that the players are probably follow and talent level and I would even get the upside to the quarterback thing that he so young. I’ll take a wait-and-see approach who knows…??

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Come on you guys, was Randall really any good seem to remember him being call damn Error us Randle. I don’t think it was that bad of a trade being that the players are probably follow and talent level and I would even get the upside to the quarterback thing that he so young. I’ll take a wait-and-see approach who knows…??

Umm given how he played from games 5-16 you'd have to be blind if you kept that opinion.

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also should say good luck to the guy, Hope he improves and has a good career…I am for us to MoveOn

RepStar15

Reaction score
I love how the sky is falling in Green Bay and the free agency frezeny has just begun. I see this as an awesome move and a precursor to Green Bay making some major moves. Stay tuned through the end of April, folks!

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was our best corner by far during the second half of the season. Right now we have the injury prone Quinten Rollins who likely wont make it through camp, the inconsistent Davon House, Kevin King who finished the year on IR, Hawkins and who did I miss? This is a group that might contend for worst cornerback corps in the league next season.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Browns will make the playoffs this year. Mark my words. I said it in January and I'll say it again. My bet, they pick a QB in the first round. They have no reason not to. They can use Taylor until they feel their rookies is ready. And if he beats Taylor in preseason and starts, it's not like the Browns will be in cap hell. Smart move on their part. The other interesting aspect of these Browns moves are it now makes the Bills even more into the QB market. This was a good move on their part to shore up some of their defensive problems. Packers have work to do on DB's.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love how the sky is falling in Green Bay and the free agency frezeny has just begun. I see this as an awesome move and a precursor to Green Bay making some major moves. Stay tuned through the end of April, folks!

Because we're just swimming in cash right now? We have enough for maybe 1 big FA signing, if it's Wilkerson we'll have to rely on the draft to improve a position of desperate need that was made into a position of desperate need because Mr. Gutekunst decided to move his best starting corner for a guy who should spend the year holding a clipboard.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Butler Johnson Sherman will be in Green Bay at least one of them book it

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This tells me two things. The Packers will be taking a corner in the 1st round...and that they will sign either Johnson or Sherman. Don’t worry about Rollins or House...they both are as good as gone. Hundley was the worst backup in the NFL last season...let’s be honest he got outplayed by Kizer in the Browns game. Also they Packers have guys they want in the later rounds and will be able to get those guys as they will be Picking at the top of the round now.

RepStar15

Reaction score
Because we're just swimming in cash right now? We have enough for maybe 1 big FA signing, if it's Wilkerson we'll have to rely on the draft to improve a position of desperate need that was made into a position of desperate need because Mr. Gutekunst decided to move his best starting corner for a guy who should spend the year holding a clipboard.
My friend, this is not over yet. And Randall was a #1 CB on a Dom Capers horrible defense, where a true #1 was hurt a good portion of the season. Pettine just made a guy that legitimately walked off the field during a game the Browns problem and now we actually have a backup QB with potential . How could you jump this early? There is still sooooo much offseason to happen.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love this trade. We have a legitimate #2 QB that we only have to pay like 2 million over the next 3 years. Get rid of Randall who was a locker room problem and 2.5 million against the cap and we wouldn’t keep after his contract anyway. AND get the #1 picks in the 4th and 5th. Now we can shop Brett Hundley to the Bills or Arizona that both need a QB for a pack of gum or something. I really like this trade. I like Kizer a lot.

We are NOT getting the 1st pick in round 5. We are trading our 5th rounder to them.

This trade sucks. We traded a starter at a position of need for a ****** backup QB. Yes he was a rookie. But even bad rookies flash from time to time. Kizer on the other hand always took the chance to make the worst possible decisions at the worst possible times

Edit: my bad your right on the picks. Still a ****** deal to trade your a starting CB to move up 13 spots in the mid rounds

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously though if we follow this up by paying Sherman big money I'm starting a Fire Gute thread

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. This makes zero sense. Guess we gotta see how it plays out but not feeling good at the moment.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are NOT getting the 1st pick in round 5. We are trading our 5th rounder to them.

This trade sucks. We traded a starter at a position of need for a ****** backup QB. Yes he was a rookie. But even bad rookies flash from time to time. Kizer on the other hand always to the chance to make the worst possible decisions at the worst possible times

Edit: my bad your right. Still a ****** deal to trade your a starting CB to move up 13 spots in the mid rounds

Thats the kicker they didnt really need him to be a hero, Cleveland had a damned good defense last year. They just needed someone to go out there, hand the ball off and not F up and well Kizer wasn't even able to do that.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. This makes zero sense. Guess we gotta see how it plays out but not feeling good at the moment.

Litteraly the only way this makes any sense to me is if we sign TWO of Johnson, Butler and Colvin

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously though if we follow this up by paying Sherman big money I'm starting a Fire Gute thread

I hope it’s not Sherman..I feel like they are going after Butler and Johnson..yea that’s right..both could be in GB next season.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My reactions have been prefaced on if, but if we only swapped a 4th round pick, gave them a 5th and got Dishone Kizer for Randall... holy hell.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts