Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer prolly has better upside to be groomed over the offseason as Rodger’s backup over hundley, but I’m not a huge fan of this trade at the moment.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kizer prolly has better upside to be groomed over the offseason as Rodger’s backup over hundley, but I’m not a huge fan of this trade at the moment.

We'll have years to find Rodgers replacement in the draft, this was just a terrible decision. The team just became worse, now we have a gaping hole in our secondary and in exchange we received a JAG at quarterback.

I usually wait to react but if we only got Kizer for Randall and swapped 4th and 5th round picks...

#FireBrianGutekunst

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The mocks out there are going to be changing significantly... Cleveland might not take a QB until the 2nd round and grab Barkley and best defensive player available. (either Chubb or Fitzpatrick). Leaving another QB available deeper into the draft.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I absolutely love this trade. We have a legitimate #2 QB that we only have to pay like 2 million over the next 3 years. Get rid of Randall who was a locker room problem and 2.5 million against the cap and we wouldn’t keep after his contract anyway. AND get the #1 picks in the 4th and 5th. Now we can shop Brett Hundley to the Bills or Arizona that both need a QB for a pack of gum or something. I really like this trade. I like Kizer a lot.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Kizer was a rookie last year right? Hundley was in his third year. I can see Kizer improving, not so much with Hundley.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love this trade. We have a legitimate #2 QB that we only have to pay like 2 million over the next 3 years. Get rid of Randall who was a locker room problem and 2.5 million against the cap and we wouldn’t keep after his contract anyway. AND get the #1 picks in the 4th and 5th. Now we can shop Brett Hundley to the Bills or Arizona that both need a QB for a pack of gum or something. I really like this trade. I like Kizer a lot.

A whole pack?

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nobody is gonna trade for hundley lol

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's what I'm thinking. Kizer was a rookie last year right? Hundley was in his third year. I can see Kizer improving, not so much with Hundley.

Maybe so, but this team isn't going anywhere without Aaron Rodgers and this trade undoubtedly made it harder to contend for a Super Bowl with Aaron Rodgers. CB just went from a position that needs improvement to area of critical need.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we spend a 1st round pick on Randall, spend 3 years grooming him and being patient, he finally starts to fulfill his promise and we trade him for Brett Hundley 2.0.

Awesome.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Teddy. This transaction is even worse than anything you ever did, or didn't do. Traded a starting cornerback that was really coming on last year for a quarterback that's even worse than Hundley.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we spend a 1st round pick on Randall, spend 3 years grooming him and being patient, he finally starts to fulfill his promise and we trade him for Brett Hundley 2.0.

Awesome.

Best case scenario he looks good holding a clipboard, now we need a cornerback.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh brother, the fire Gute stuff has already started?!? I'd say RELAX but that's not going to change anything. Let's see what happens and what other moves are in the offing. If we land say Colvin and Sherman can we hire Gute back then? The team obviously wasn't feeling DR's act. If he was a significant part of MP's defensive game-plan moving forward he'd still be wearing G&G. Yes, I'm scratching my head a little as well but for crying out loud some of y'all need to pour a couple fingers of scotch in a glass and chill.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hundley has one year remaining on his rookie contract while Kizer will have 3... allows us to punt the backup QB salary further down the road... Hundley is now in deep trouble for a spot. We could have traded Randall because of the above mentioned issues, but also he might not be the CB needed for Pettine's defense. Now we can possibly go choose the CB opposite King and see if we can add him (Sherman, Johnson, Fuller, Colvin, other)

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score

Awesome.
I wouldn’t call Kizer Brett Hundley 2.0. He was thrown into a terrible system as a rookie and almost beat the Packers with their third year QB who was groomed under the Best QB in the NFL for 3 years...Kizer, as a rookie in a Browns uniform, looked better than Brett Hundley at Home.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh brother, the fire Gute stuff has already started?!? I'd say RELAX but that's not going to change anything. Let's see what happens and what other moves are in the offing. If we land say Colvin and Sherman can we hire Gute back then? The team obviously wasn't feeling DR's act. If he was a significant part of MP's defensive game-plan moving forward he'd still be wearing G&G. Yes, I'm scratching my head a little as well but for crying out loud some of y'all need to pour a couple fingers of scotch in a glass and chill.

I usually take a cool headed approach but this move... what the hell. Unless there's something more to Aaron's injury than we've been lead to believe this looks like a terrible move. You just don't trade a starter for a backup.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn’t call Kizer Brett Hundley 2.0. He was thrown into a terrible system as a rookie and almost beat the Packers with their third year QB who was groomed under the Best QB in the NFL for 3 years...Kizer, as a rookie in a Browns uniform, looked better than Brett Hundley at Home.

He played well against a Dom Capers defense, look at the rest of his season. The Browns lost that game because Randall shut Gordon down.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The mocks out there are going to be changing significantly... Cleveland might not take a QB until the 2nd round and grab Barkley and best defensive player available. (either Chubb or Fitzpatrick). Leaving another QB available deeper into the draft.

They've got Taylor now so you may be right. I still find it difficult to think they won't go QB with #1 or #4 but they have the draft ammo to move back up into the 1st if someone like Jackson falls a bit. That's what I would like to see them do. Just imagine Barkley, Chubb (or Fitzpatrick) and Jackson. That's a pretty damn solid draft and its only day 1.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the only thing I can think of as to why they'd trade him away. Maybe there was more going on with Randall after the Bears game fiasco and he was turning into a locker room cancer. But for Deshone freaking Kizer?

ThePerfectBeard

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't understand the reasoning behind trading a starter at a position of need for a quarterback who hopefully won't play any meaningful snaps either.

The first pick in the forth is actually pretty valuable since it's basically another third. I could see them using this to maneuver better in the draft and trade up. Either get back into the first or higher in the second.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe Pettine didn’t like what he saw in Randall or the packers don’t like Randall in the locker room. Plus there’s still time to revamp the entire cb core, haven’t even hit free agency or draft yet. If they think they can turn kizer into a viable backup then it could be worth it, we saw how valuable a backup qb was last season. Every qb looks like trash on the Browns, kizer is still young as hell and has upside. To be honest wasn’t a big Randall fan anyway.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe a half of a pack and three pieces Hundley spit out on Lambeau field?

Now that I think about it they won't be trading no gum. They will need it for Brett. Gatorade maybe, with Hundley throwing the ball they won't be needing any to dump on the coaches.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts