Packers tried to trade for Jonathan Taylor

Reaction score
I will say after reviewing film Dillon wasn’t as bad as I thought. His negative plays hurt his average badly.

#81 Whiffed block on a -6 yard run

#63 got beat inside -2 yard run

#63 got beat again on a pull block he was late to 0 gain

Every other run was +6,+7,+5, +2, +4, +4, +3, +2

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
doesn't matter if it's behind the line of scrimmage. Only if the ball was going forward or not.
Ok true, what I meant is +14 was counted as a run because it was a backwards pass etc.

That goes with what I’ve been saying. We’re rarely using him in space where he’s been successful in the past. The 1 time we did? Was a +14 scamper. He’s got good hands get him in space.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok true, what I meant is +14 was counted as a run because it was a backwards pass etc.

That goes with what I’ve been saying. We’re rarely using him in space where he’s been successful in the past. The 1 time we did? Was a +14 scamper. He’s got good hands get him in space.
I agree. Should utilize him on some of those type passes. But as it turned out, Taylor was the right choice when we were driving for a score.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I recall one run, the line had collapsed everything right, Dillon ran into the back of Walker(?) for maybe 3-5 yards instead of a cut left that AJ33 would have made for 12. Looks to me like he's thinking and not running.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon stays consistent through out the season while everyone else gets beat up a bit and slows down. He wins the battle of attrition which is why he gets most of his yards in the 2nd half of the season

There's a place for him on a championship team as a role player. That role is certainly not as the #1 back and idk if its even as a #2 back. It may be as a rb/fb hybrid of some sort

Anyways, its about time for this discussion to start heating up again. At first I wasnt in favor of trading for Taylor. Now Ive warmed up to the idea of pairing a 24 year old running back with this group of young play makers on offense. I would not be in favor of giving up a first round pick but I might be willing to give up a 2nd. And where as previously I wasn't in favor of giving back Aj Dillon in the deal, I now could be on board with that. Dillon and a 3rd round pick would be awesome. Dillon abd a 2nd might be more realistic

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem with trading for Taylor is there isn't a world I think you have him and Jones here past this season.....you have to sign Taylor long term and eat Jones money next year most likely is also a cost.

Taylor is gonna cost a team $10-$14M a year range.....you don't ever want to tie up that much money in one back field if you tried to keep Jones too....

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FTR, I truly think at their stages of their career....if you think Taylor will sign a deal Gute/Ball are good with instead of reworking Jones after this year...he is arguably the better deal due to Jones' age.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Taylor, Gary, and Love will all need to be paid next off season. I think Savage is balling out for top ten safety pay also.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Taylor, Gary, and Love will all need to be paid next off season. I think Savage is balling out for top ten safety pay also.

Savage is likely playing his way out of GB as I don't see us investing in that roller coaster unless a decently friendly deal.

Love doesn't actually need paid this off season as he is signed next year with that one year extension they did rather then a fifth year option pick up.

The "top" guys or contributors with expiring contracts are:

Gary / Savage / Dillon / Nijman / Nixon / Runyan / Deguara / Hollins and few others.

The safety room is oddly thin after this year as all of them but Anthony Johnson Jr have expiring contracts.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Savage is likely playing his way out of GB as I don't see us investing in that roller coaster unless a decently friendly deal.

Love doesn't actually need paid this off season as he is signed next year with that one year extension they did rather then a fifth year option pick up.

Gary / Savage / Dillon / Nijman / Nixon / Runyan / Deguara / Hollins and few others.

The safety room is oddly thin after this year as all of them but Anthony Johnson Jr have expiring contracts.
Top 15 safety pay is in the $10m per range around the Micah Hyde / honey badger level. They're older but that is the minimum I'd expect Savage to get. (Rudy Ford is 30yo?)
For Runyon top 10 guard pay is around $7-8m per.
I expect something done with Love this season or soon after to get him locked for some time.
The only other on the list that is a "must" retain is Gary who will get near QB level pay.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 15 safety pay is in the $10m per range around the Micah Hyde / honey badger level. They're older but that is the minimum I'd expect Savage to get. (Rudy Ford is 30yo?)
For Runyon top 10 guard pay is around $7-8m per.
I expect something done with Love this season or soon after to get him locked for some time.
The only other on the list that is a "must" retain is Gary who will get near QB level pay.

I think either Runyan or Nijman are let to walk...maybe even both depending on roster structure elsewhere. They could resign Newman cheap with the hope being they draft the replacement...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or Ryhan shows up to prove his draft position was worth it.
He had an excellent training camp and was a guy staff kept saying was improving. Be nice for him to turn into at minimum first guard up on depth chart.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

So basically Gary.

Outsider99

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon is definitely not getting resigned, unless he elevates his game. If he's lucky, maybe A-Rodg can get him a spot with the Jets.
But seriously, I like Dillon allot but the Packers are better off bringing in new talent at that position. I remember when Dillon almost appeared to be a better back than Jones!

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon is definitely not getting resigned, unless he elevates his game. If he's lucky, maybe A-Rodg can get him a spot with the Jets.
But seriously, I like Dillon allot but the Packers are better off bringing in new talent at that position. I remember when Dillon almost appeared to be a better back than Jones!
I always found that comical when people were trying to say Dillon was just as good or better than Jones.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
" Hey Man, Can you get me a job at your place? "

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Dillon will get signed. Whether it is the Packers or another team, he has some value. Now what he gets signed for is probably a bit more than the Packers value him at, but he might be paid more by a team that feels he would make a good feature back.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dillon will get signed. Whether it is the Packers or another team, he has some value. Now what he gets signed for is probably a bit more than the Packers value him at, but he might be paid more by a team that feels he would make a good feature back.
Why do I have this feeling it will be with the Bears?

Members online

Latest posts