Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The Saints took our D apart in the second half. I think we see each others points, so I'll just agree to disagree.

Yes they did. But it’s hard to hold it against that defense too hard when the offense let them down that bad. 1) They got two picks and the offense turned them into zero points and 2) The last 6 drives by the offense were: Punt, Missed FG, Punt, FG, Punt, Interception.

But I’m fine to agree to disagree. Just wanted to mention that.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
To those who argue that Kizer stunk last year— you’re right. But obviously the league saw a lot of talent in him out of college, including the Packers. And the book in him was that he should not be thrown into the fire and then that’s what happened— by a garbage coach with a horrendous roster. His development, his supporting cast, and his coaching all improve in Green Bay. I don’t think it’s any kind of stretch to say that.

It’s kind of nice that Randall gets banished to Cleveland after all his weird BS.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're all 28+, will demand WAY more than their worth (like $13 million/season), and will take up all our cap.

God, I hope we don't sign them.
We have no choice lol why else would we let mid corner go let’s be real Randall sucked I could careless if he is gone but when u have NONE after him... hoping a rookie fills the bill nah they need to do something... Jordy and Cobb are two names to watch they better not pay 30 mil for them receivers Jordy needs to restructure but if they keep pissing Rodgers off he is gonna wanna leave lol

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To those who argue that Kizer stunk last year— you’re right. But obviously the league saw a lot of talent in him out of college, including the Packers. And the book in him was that he should not be thrown into the fire and then that’s what happened— by a garbage coach with a horrendous roster. His development, his supporting cast, and his coaching all improve in Green Bay. I don’t think it’s any kind of stretch to say that.

It’s kind of nice that Randall gets banished to Cleveland after all his weird BS.
Exactly. I was just explaining this to my old man. DK has a lot of tools in his belt. The type of tools you're either born with or not. He came out too early and was never really got trial by fire in CLE of all places. He's a sharp kid and getting to sit in the same room with AR12 could do wonders for him.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
T
I’m not in love with signing Sherman..however I remember a guy named Charles Woodson. He was 29 when he signed and people (some of you) were pissed because you thought they overpaid for him and he was washed up. Well the rest is history.[/QUOTE

They effing win when they sign players like u said Woodson white etc

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we pick up T-Will, which I believe we will, we're automatically better. He won't cost much at all. I've been hyping Colvin and if we can add him as well, we're much better off. Those are two very realistic moves that wouldn't break the bank and make our backend immediately better. There are other FA/trade scenarios we're not even aware of yet either. Again, I'm just saying let's see where this goes. I'm 99.9% certain we're not going into camp next year with a close resemblance to what we have on 3/9/18. Let Gute go to work and then make a judgement.

Sunshine885500

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely love this trade for GB. Most of you guys are complaining because your looking at the past season. Yes Randall was our best CB not named King, but do I need to remind you that he was torched by larger receivers. I still remember him as being one of the CBs scrambling and bouncing off of Julio Jones against Atlanta and oh what a difference it made when King played against him with his size.

As far as for Kizer, his best football is ahead of him and he has the past year of experience as a starter in bad system with bad receivers and Gordon just coming back off a 2 year absence. He was selected in the 2nd Rd for a reason and a lot of teams had him much higher as a QB then Hundley, which is why he went in the 5th Rd. This is the first step in order to get better as a team.

So he won't play because of Rodgers, but i can say this having him learn behind the best will do wonders for his development. Don't be so negative - this the first of many moves to come. Green Bay swapped 4th and 5th Round picks with Cleveland which represents the 1st Pick in each Round including the 1st Pick on the 3rd day of the draft which carries value to teams because they get to go home after day 2 - reset their board and then decide who they will want to go after.

Right now the Pack have 9 picks on day 3 including the 1st pick on that day. This will not turn out as bad as everyone thinks.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can’t believe that after last year people are ignoring the importance of a backup QB. Short memories.

I can't believe that people believe that a QB who demonstated no more than Hundley last year and literally lost every game he's played is a surefire immediate solution at backup QB.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I'm sorry, Teddy. This transaction is even worse than anything you ever did, or didn't do. Traded a starting cornerback that was really coming on last year for a quarterback that's even worse than Hundley.

I love saying "I told you so." This has TT being an "advisor" written all over it.[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't win with em. Can't coach em. Can't do it...

"There was strong sentiment in the locker room at that time to give Randall the boot -- sources said McCarthy's committee of veteran players suggested that Randall be released -- but the Packers stood by him. He responded with a stretch of three straight games with an interception and finished with a team-high four picks but missed the final two games with an knee injury that some in the organization thought he could have played through. Then, Randall was critical of defensive coordinator Dom Capers, who was fired after the season."

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. I was just explaining this to my old man. DK has a lot of tools in his belt. The type of tools you're either born with or not. He came out too early and was never really got trial by fire in CLE of all places. He's a sharp kid and getting to sit in the same room with AR12 could do wonders for him.

Great. How's that going to help us in 3 years when he's heading somewhere else anyway? Because the only way he's here after that is if Rodgers isn't, and that's not happening.

Also, we run a complex timing based offense that Hundley was completely lost in after 3 years, and yet people expect Kizer to step right in and blossom in it, when he clearly wasn't close to ready last year.

It's far more likely if they have to count on Kizer for any significant time next year that he's initially going to look just as lost as Hundley did.

So IF he picks it up by years 3 and 4 and isn't a bust, we have a 2 year insurance plan for Rodgers. Rodgers played over 5 full seasons without missing significant time and then 3+ more before he missed time again.

Its far more likely than not that Kizer never benefits us in any meaningful way.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was GONE at the end of next year, if he lasted that long. The veteran council wanted him released mid-season. You want that kind of guy in your locker room? Not me. Kizer is a smart kid. I'm not going to judge ANYONE on their playing days in CLE. AR may have got that team 5 wins last year for crying out loud. Again, DK may be part of another trade. BH may be part of a trade. The point is we have zero clue. Zero. I learned in my speech and debate days it's prudent to have all the facts/info before making a decision. This story is just getting started and some of you guys are already putting the book down because you don't like the preface.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can't believe that people believe that a QB who demonstated no more than Hundley last year and literally lost every game he's played is a surefire immediate solution at backup QB.

I don’t think anyone has said that Kizer is surefire. Randall wasn’t either. But he’s talented and I feel way better about him going into his 2nd season than I would about any rookie that the Packers were going to draft. He also prevents them from having to spend real cap space on a veteran.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don’t think anyone has said that Kizer is surefire. Randall wasn’t either. But he’s talented and I feel way better about him going into his 2nd season than I would about any rookie that the Packers were going to draft. He also prevents them from having to spend real cap space on a veteran.

I guess my point is that there were probably better ways to look for a new backup QB than trading our best player at a position of weakness. I know he was inconsistent, but Randall really did make great strides last year.

If Rodgers were 39 instead of 34 and we were really sold on Kizer as a successor, I could get on board with this. But that's not the situation here.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall was GONE at the end of next year, if he lasted that long. The veteran council wanted him released mid-season. You want that kind of guy in your locker room? Not me. Kizer is a smart kid. I'm not going to judge ANYONE on their playing days in CLE. AR may have got that team 5 wins last year for crying out loud. Again, DK may be part of another trade. BH may be part of a trade. The point is we have zero clue. Zero. I learned in my speech and debate days it's prudent to have all the facts/info before making a decision. This story is just getting started and some of you guys are already putting the book down because you don't like the preface.

Could say the same thing about Wilkerson in the locker room, and we are looking to bring him on.

This 'Randall locker room cancer' thing was not even really a thing ever even talked about until today, and now it seems like we're going that route to justify the trade.

He was our best corner last year, easily. He's young, and we invested a first round pick in him. He's hardly the first guy to clash with coaches here and be benched temporarily. I look a lot less at that and a lot more on how he responded, which was very positively.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could say the same thing about Wilkerson in the locker room, and we are looking to bring him on.

This 'Randall locker room cancer' thing was not even really a thing ever even talked about until today, and now it seems like we're going that route to justify the trade.

He was our best corner last year, easily. He's young, and we invested a first round pick in him. He's hardly the first guy to clash with coaches here and be benched temporarily. I look a lot less at that and a lot more on how he responded, which was very positively.
Not sure who you're talking about but this sure as heck isn't the first time I voiced my disapproval of his actions. His act was old and he carried himself like an All Pro when he was nothing close to that level. Give me TWill over him every day of the week. Give me Colvin over him every day of the week. I could go on and on...

Point is, we don't know the plan so quit forecasting yourself into a frenzy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure who you're talking about but this sure as heck isn't the first time I voiced my disapproval of his actions. His act was old and he carried himself like an All Pro when he was nothing close to that level. Give me TWill over him every day of the week. Give me Colvin over him every day of the week. I could go on and on...

Point is, we don't know the plan so quit forecasting yourself into a frenzy.

Uh, not 'forecasting myself into a frenzy.' I'm totally willing to wait and see what else BG has in store, I'm years away from trying to fully judge him as a GM.

Just pointing out that Kizer is most likely not our QB of the future and don't really care for this trade, an opinion which I am perfectly entitled to.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I know there was confusion about the entire trade Package, hopefully Rapoport is correct and the Packers swapped spots with the Browns in both the 4th and 5th rounds.

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 3h3 hours ago
This is significant: The #Packers not only picked up QB DeShone Kizer in their trade of Damarious Randall, but they also moved up in the 4th and 5th rounds, I’m told. They swap 4th rounders with the #Browns and then 5th rounders, too. Browns move back twice, GB comes up.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. This makes zero sense. Guess we gotta see how it plays out but not feeling good at the moment.

We desperately needed an upgrade at back up QB. Kizer was highly regarded out of college, played as a rookie on a lousy team. He has talent, see if he's good enough to win games down the road when Rodgers misses some games. Having a quality back up for the next three years would make this a good trade.

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is 3D chest match. Gute doesnt like the value of the edge rusher a 14. Gute going to trade back to Buffalos 20 21 pick. and grab davenport and the best CB available.

I hope we stay at 14 and get an impact player. There should be one available.

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have no choice lol why else would we let mid corner go let’s be real Randall sucked I could careless if he is gone but when u have NONE after him... hoping a rookie fills the bill nah they need to do something... Jordy and Cobb are two names to watch they better not pay 30 mil for them receivers Jordy needs to restructure but if they keep pissing Rodgers off he is gonna wanna leave lol

All of these quality corners should only demand 4-8m per season:

Prince Amukamara
Bashaud Breeland
Ben Benwikere
Aaron Colvin
Kyle Fuller

I like them all more than the top guys, in terms of value

I’m not in love with signing Sherman..however I remember a guy named Charles Woodson. He was 29 when he signed and people (some of you) were pissed because you thought they overpaid for him and he was washed up. Well the rest is history.

But Woodson was a true corner that could play all over the field. Sherman needs to stay as a boundary cover-2/3 corner.

Of the premier corners, I'd prefer
1. Butler
2. Trumaine Johnson
3. EJ Gaines (I like him the most, but I don't think he can press well enough for Pettine's scheme)
4. Sherman

speakhands

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the next guy to go will be DIX. the new DC wants guys to fly around hit and tackle.

Isn't that exactly what Haha said he wanted to do coming out?

He had a pre-draft quote like "I study hard, I play hard, I fly around" or something.

I'm actually excited to see how Haha works with Pettine. I'm optimistic.