Packers trade Damarious Randall to Browns

• Thread starter Deleted member 6794
  • Start date

hallzi43

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is 3D chest match. Gute doesnt like the value of the edge rusher a 14. Gute going to trade back to Buffalos 20 21 pick. and grab davenport and the best CB available.

Vander esch and josh jackson is that were the case. but we arent getting those 2 picks.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Dantes makes some good points. Also, I have a feeling that this move isn't in isolation; something else is in the works.

Could be..like Packers trade Dashone Kizer and the 14 pick to The New York Jets for their pick and take Minca Fitzpatrick DB from Alabama :D

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have called CB a position of need before Randall was traded, but now that position group is the biggest hole on the team. Move over pass rusher, have to rely on Matthews and Perry for the foreseeable future.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I can't believe that after last year that anyone expects us to get anywhere with a backup quarterback.

We were still in contention when Rodgers came back and we had the worst QB play in the league while he was gone. If Kizer progresses and makes good on some of that talent, he could keep the team in better stead should Rodgers miss a span again. That way a 4-6 game injury doesn’t have to mean another year of Rodgers’ greatness down the tubes.

The Rodgers-less Packers won three games with absolute trash at quarterback. What do they do with average play? Win five? Make the playoffs? Who knows what’s next. The idea that no QB can win with this roster other than Rodgers is stupid.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would have called CB a position of need before Randall was traded, but now that position group is the biggest hole on the team. Move over pass rusher, have to rely on Matthews and Perry for the foreseeable future.

I’d rather not ..Perry will be on IR by mid season..and Matthews will be hampered by groin and hammy issues.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cancel the season folks! Show is OVA!

To me this is like judging a guys chili after he just started cooking the meat. Doesn't matter there are still a ton of other ingredients still on the counter, chili sucks. If we end up with a rookie CB, a budget friendly FA and our current guys I'll be on here railing Gute. Railing him. I won't call for the man's head and say this is the dumbest move ever when the first move of the chess match has just occurred. Won't do it. If I ran my business like that I'd be working for someone else. Let's see how this thing plays out ladies and gents.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
All this means to me is this:
  1. Packers saw nothing from Randall that led them to believe he had a future in GB.
  2. Packers saw nothing from Hundley that led them to believe he had a future in GB. Hundley is as good as gone.
I know some people thought Randall was playing much better, but it's pretty obvious to me that the Packers weren't that impressed with where he was headed. A few weeks ago we were talking about whether the Packers would pick up his 5th year option, hell, they didn't even want him as a 4th year option.

FaninColorado

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is GOING to be a FA signing at CB... we aren't going into the season with what we currently have and rookie additions... It will just depend on whom we can bring in. Randall was on the shorter side, clashed with our coaches, quit on his teammates, and outside of the last half of the season was closing being cut than being a starter. He was one year away from asking for 8-9M/yr... he was never going to be worth that. I'd rather bring in a veteran like Johnson, Butler, Gaines, or similar while we draft one as well in the early rounds.

We needed a major overhaul on the defensive side and to be perfectly honest... most of us wanted a FA CB and high draft pick chosen... which would have had Randall being a short term prospect for us. King is our future #1 currently... now we need that #2 and #3 added for Pettine to succeed.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is GOING to be a FA signing at CB... we aren't going into the season with what we currently have and rookie additions... It will just depend on whom we can bring in. Randall was on the shorter side, clashed with our coaches, quit on his teammates, and outside of the last half of the season was closing being cut than being a starter. He was one year away from asking for 8-9M/yr... he was never going to be worth that. I'd rather bring in a veteran like Johnson, Butler, Gaines, or similar while we draft one as well in the early rounds.

We needed a major overhaul on the defensive side and to be perfectly honest... most of us wanted a FA CB and high draft pick chosen... which would have had Randall being a short term prospect for us. King is our future #1 currently... now we need that #2 and #3 added for Pettine to succeed.
Get out of here with that logic nonsense! We just traded away a pro bowler. Did you not get the memo??

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We were still in contention when Rodgers came back and we had the worst QB play in the league while he was gone. If Kizer progresses and makes good on some of that talent, he could keep the team in better stead should Rodgers miss a span again. That way a 4-6 game injury doesn’t have to mean another year of Rodgers’ greatness down the tubes.

The Rodgers-less Packers won three games with absolute trash at quarterback. What do they do with average play? Win five? Make the playoffs? Who knows what’s next. The idea that no QB can win with this roster other than Rodgers is stupid.

I wouldn't get too carried away with the 3 wins without Rodgers. They were against other crap teams; they needed a review to backfire on the Bears, won in overtime vs the Bucs, who were outplaying them most of the day, and had to rally from 14 down in the 4th qtr to beat the Browns-the Browns- in overtime. Color me unimpressed.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't get too carried away with the 3 wins without Rodgers. They were against other crap teams; they needed a review to backfire on the Bears, won in overtime vs the Bucs, who were outplaying them most of the day, and had to rally from 14 down in the 4th qtr to beat the Browns-the Browns- in overtime. Color me unimpressed.
A win is a win in the NFL.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
this is the part that bothers me the most
if Rodgers were a couple years older, this would be a trade i'd be excited about
Kizer still has potential to be a good quarterback
but Rodgers is going to outplay Kizer's rookie deal and if Kizer has developed, he be gone
So he’s at a minimum he’s trade bait in 3 years

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Get out of here with that logic nonsense! We just traded away a pro bowler. Did you not get the memo??
Demarious Randall was a pro bowler because of some easy picks he made. He was far from a shut down corner.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Demarious Randall was a pro bowler because of some easy picks he made. He was far from a shut down corner.

Did you watch any of Kizer last year? Total trash and he choked in the 4th quarter at Notre Dame several times. Not sure what the love affair is with him. I just don't see it.

Now we have King(who is still developing with shoulder concerns) and a bunch of scrubs at corner. This is maddening at the moment.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you watch any of Kizer last year? Total trash and he choked in the 4th quarter at Notre Dame several times. Not sure what the love affair is with him. I just don't see it.

Now we have King(who is still developing with shoulder concerns) and a bunch of scrubs at corner. This is maddening at the moment.

"At the moment" being the key words.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score

Yes— it was unimpressive. Which was largely because they were dealing with the worst QB play in the league over that stretch. I’m not saying that the rest of the roster last year was great. But they were better than that.

Take the Saints game as an example. The Packers score a TD on a drive in which the running game and a penalty account for every yard. Then the defense turns Brees over twice. They were up 14-0. They lost because Hundley turned in a 12/25 for 87 line with a pick. That’s beyond horrendous. The rest of the team played well enough to beat one of the NFC’s best. Their backup QB wasn’t up to doing his part.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So he’s at a minimum he’s trade bait in 3 years

not really
at minimum, he doesn't develop much and goes for nothing in 3 years
i would say trade bait is closer to a maximum value than minimum
in a vacuum, i love the deal
in a world where our cornerback room is dangerously close to putting the coach on the field, i'm skeptical

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Couple thoughts:

1. Pettine probably didn't want him. I'm guessing not physical enough.
2. Calling Kiser a bust already is silly. Somebody hit the nail on the head, he dropped from round 1 because he wasn't ready. That doesn't mean he will never be ready.
3. Brett Hundley isn't getting much sleep tonight.
4. This draft is deep at mid range CBs. There will be guys in the 3rd to 5th who will be able to help us.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes— it was unimpressive. Which was largely because they were dealing with the worst QB play in the league over that stretch. I’m not saying that the rest of the roster last year was great. But they were better than that.

Take the Saints game as an example. The Packers score a TD on a drive in which the running game and a penalty account for every yard. Then the defense turns Brees over twice. They were up 14-0. They lost because Hundley turned in a 12/25 for 87 line with a pick. That’s beyond horrendous. The rest of the team played well enough to beat one of the NFC’s best. Their backup QB wasn’t up to doing his part.

The Saints took our D apart in the second half. I think we see each others points, so I'll just agree to disagree.

Members online

Latest posts